Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hi 😀

I’ve a little problem with my site: http://www.victorianlovers.com/cms1

In the user modules (from 1 to 9), that are very useful, i’ve seen that with IE6.0 the module are overlapping, seen in one column rather then horizontal alignment. I’ve submitted a pic to explain better the problem..

For exemple i’ve placed 2 module in the user 1 e user2 (down on the homepage), and it works fine with firefox and IE7, but it’s a mess with IE6.0, that are a large majority of my customers.

Any idea to solve this?

Thanks in advance:D

1. Zebrina_problem
    sabrylom Friend

Nobody is watching this forum?

:(( :(( :(( :((

andrew40 Friend

Yes I am and have same issue in IE6, and thinking of trashing this template as there is no support for it. Let me know if you find a solution.. I am using it at http://www.hambrooks.co.uk and its all OK in firefox and IE7 but not IE6 and below..

ShannonN Friend

andrew40;20450Yes I am and have same issue in IE6, and thinking of trashing this template as there is no support for it. Let me know if you find a solution.. I am using it at http://www.hambrooks.co.uk and its all OK in firefox and IE7 but not IE6 and below..

shit you miss a post and suddenly everyone is no support no support give us a break hey! Not everyone has IE6 (the only problematic browser out there) on there systems anymore as most ppl have upgraded to 7 aslo most of us live 12 hours time zone away from you

So I personally am unable to test and offer help much as I’d love too and many other volunteer unpaid support ppl here also dont waste our time with IE 6 so they leave it for someone with ie 6 to come along

andrew40 Friend

whooy there!!! go easy, this problem i have seen on at least two posts with no solutions or little response, so its a fair comment to suggest there is little support for it.

Not everyone is on IE7 FACT!
    IE6 is still the most distributed browser out there FACT. IE6 is buggy FACT. Web Design is a standards based design process, whereby we have to factor in ALL our users browsing processes which includes Safari, Firefox, IE6 AND IE7.

SO are you suggesting that you no longer test your templates on ALL browsers but leave it for the volunteer support to do the process for you, which is a bit rich considering the templates are being released on a paid for process!

So before you shout from the rafters suggesting we are being critical of the support process for a template that is STILL being offered for sale and released when IE6 was still in large use, on an issue that has been commented on at least twice then its not unreasonable to expect an answer from the dev team is it not?

We all appreciate the support you give us but Joomlart needs to clamp down on these issues that directly affect the people that use these templates and I say this ,noting the immediate responses on the latest template release with bugs being spotted on immediate release.

sabrylom Friend

So I personally am unable to test and offer help much as I’d love too and many other volunteer unpaid support ppl here also dont waste our time with IE 6 so they leave it for someone with ie 6 to come along</blockquote>

I talk only only for me, of course: I don’t want any unpaid support. I’d like only a Template (that i paid for using it) with NO BUG or problems with modules, as it’s marked that it’s *fully* compatible *also* with IE6.0

And the marketshare for browser out there, say very clearly that IE6.0 it’s still used a lot (cfr. http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp ) . That’s very bad, i agree, but this is the reality.

Anyway, if anybody can suggest a solution, or a also the right way to fix this problem, it will be very appreciated 😀 😀

sabrylom Friend

<em>@andrew40 20450 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes I am and have same issue in IE6, and thinking of trashing this template as there is no support for it. [/quote]

I don’t think this a support request. I think only the template it’s a little bit buggy or not well testet with the browsers.
    I can pay with no problem for a support request or for a customisation, but not for a bug of a template that it’s market IE6.0 compatible and it’s not compatible.

Let me know if you find a solution..</blockquote>

Ok 🙂

andrew40 Friend

<em>@sabrylom 20473 wrote:</em><blockquote>I don’t think this a support request. </blockquote>

I think it should be, as you stated previously IE6 is still the most dominant browser, and if its not tested on that or compatible with IE6 then this is a serious flaw in the distribution of marketable templates.

I can understand on this forum that the guys get a bit pissy when the users ask for support on CB or other third party mods, as this is just pure madness. No-one can support every module that is out there, but if you are claiming the template is for a stock [latest] joomla release then it has to work on all the current [useable] browsers, which includes IE6, IE7, Firefox, 1.5 and 2, Safari, Opera, and Mozilla. If they look at the w3c stats then they can see where they should be testing.

I have a nightmare when it looks nice on IE7 and Firefox and then someone comes up and tells me it doesn’t work at all on IE6, ahhhhh!

Don’t get me wrong, but the guys do a good job and people like Shannon and Instantinlaw are quick to spot bugs, but in reality there shouldn’t be this many bugs, I would prefer slower releases that work than having to bodge solutions to get things working….

ShannonN Friend

sabrylom;19368Hi 😀

I’ve a little problem with my site: http://www.victorianlovers.com/cms1

In the user modules (from 1 to 9), that are very useful, i’ve seen that with IE6.0 the module are overlapping, seen in one column rather then horizontal alignment. I’ve submitted a pic to explain better the problem..

For exemple i’ve placed 2 module in the user 1 e user2 (down on the homepage), and it works fine with firefox and IE7, but it’s a mess with IE6.0, that are a large majority of my customers.

Any idea to solve this?

Thanks in advance:D

try looking at the site in FF or IE7 at the narrow view (using active site tools) and it looks shit as a the top cart descriptions are so long they blend together same as the content bleeds across the cart panels etc don’t you test at the smaller resolution?

screenshot attached

ShannonN Friend

sabrylom;20471I talk only only for me, of course: I don’t want any unpaid support. I’d like only a Template (that i paid for using it) with NO BUG or problems with modules, as it’s marked that it’s *fully* compatible *also* with IE6.0

And the marketshare for browser out there, say very clearly that IE6.0 it’s still used a lot (cfr. http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp ) . That’s very bad, i agree, but this is the reality.

Anyway, if anybody can suggest a solution, or a also the right way to fix this problem, it will be very appreciated 😀 😀

reality is many ppl who use a computer shouldn’t be allowed in front of one if they can’t semi-automatically upgrade from IE6 to IE7

Don’t believe stats, here in oz Firefox is dominant cause we know how to install a new browser, maybe the blame should lie with Microsoft for refusing to make a compliant browser in the first place and pulling out of the W3C ages ago to do it their way 🙂

Instead of whinging about it don’t work in IE6 tell us what you have done to solve this before posting, have you looked at the same template in IE6 at the Ja demo site? does that one work ok? if so something you’ve added such as cart has broken it?

As I pointed out the site breaks if you use the tools to switch to a narrow view, telling me you don’t bother testing much, maybe only maybe the template isn’t so broke as your coding skills and third party addins are problematic?

sabrylom Friend

<em>@ShannonN 20481 wrote:</em><blockquote>try looking at the site in FF or IE7 at the narrow view (using active site tools) and it looks shit as a the top cart descriptions are so long they blend together same as the content bleeds across the cart panels etc don’t you test at the smaller resolution?

screenshot attached</blockquote>

Yes I know very well, but it’s not crucial for me because the majority of people don’t use the site tools on the upright. I’d like to block only the resize tool, but IFAIK it’s not possible without blocking also the color and font size choser.

The big problem is the user Module column position rather then horizontal alignement, it looks, like you love to say, very “shit”.:)

andrew40 Friend

C’mon guys, this is not how I expect some of pro’s to react. The guy has obviosuly got a problem, I can too sympathise with him because the template is buggy on IE6. Sending him images labelled crap isn’t really productive and not what would be expected off people nominated as members of the month .

You can edit the site tools in your templates index.php. there is an option to allow colour and font and disabling the width selector. Read through the comments on that file and the user guide..

sabrylom Friend

<em>@ShannonN 20483 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Don’t believe stats, here in oz Firefox is dominant cause we know how to install a new browser, maybe the blame should lie with Microsoft for refusing to make a compliant browser in the first place and pulling out of the W3C ages ago to do it their way 🙂
    [/quote]

I totally agree with you about this point, but as i can see in *my* stat for the site, IE6.0 it’s still a lot of people. So my Real world stat say that i can’t make a site only for FF and IE7.0, this is the problem.
    And i think also a lot of people simply don’t make any upgrade for browser. You know, there are still a lot of Win98/2k out there, and if you have an e-commerce this is a problem.

<blockquote>Instead of whinging about it don’t work in IE6 tell us what you have done to solve this before posting, have you looked at the same template in IE6 at the Ja demo site? does that one work ok? if so something you’ve added such as cart has broken it?</blockquote>

I can say that, no problem.
    On the live demo the user modules position are working.

As I pointed out the site breaks if you use the tools to switch to a narrow view, telling me you don’t bother testing much, maybe only maybe the template isn’t so broke as your coding skills and third party addins are problematic?</blockquote>

I never sayd that my coding skills are fantastic. I only noticed a problem with the module position. If it’s a problem of Virtuemart, well, i’m happy that you can say that it’s not a problem of the Template. But it will be cool in the future to write well that these templates are coming without Integration in Virtuemart.

ShannonN Friend

sabrylom;20533I totally agree with you about this point, but as i can see in *my* stat for the site, IE6.0 it’s still a lot of people. So my Real world stat say that i can’t make a site only for FF and IE7.0, this is the problem.
    And i think also a lot of people simply don’t make any upgrade for browser. You know, there are still a lot of Win98/2k out there, and if you have an e-commerce this is a problem.

I can say that, no problem.
    On the live demo the user modules position are working.

I never sayd that my coding skills are fantastic. I only noticed a problem with the module position. If it’s a problem of Virtuemart, well, i’m happy that you can say that it’s not a problem of the Template. But it will be cool in the future to write well that these templates are coming without Integration in Virtuemart.

the ja templates may claim all browser compatibility I have no control over that but no where have I seen they guarantee virtuemart integration, fireboard or any 3rd party compatibility

and while you have admitted the ja demo works in IE6, that does say its your site not the template?

Trying to work with you here, again turn on and off every 3rd party addin and test in IE its the only way you can debug it short of someone with a similar layout, extension install saying I did this to solve it.

I had one guy here had a problem and I couldn’t see why? he had gzip compression on, I have never heard of anyone using it , so until he turned it off during a trail and error debug, He was blaming the template, template was the problem, JA support sucked, Ja don’t make compliant things? hear what I’m saying?

Test the template in total default form if it don’t work then by all means scream, but if it does and only breaks when you add a non ja component etc not JA’s fault or problem but something you are doing.
    Templates cannot be nmade for all extensions or addins its impossible, nor can they guarantee W3C compliance to many addins kill validations etc

ShannonN Friend

sabrylom;20530Yes I know very well, but it’s not crucial for me because the majority of people don’t use the site tools on the upright. I’d like to block only the resize tool, but IFAIK it’s not possible without blocking also the color and font size choser.

The big problem is the user Module column position rather then horizontal alignement, it looks, like you love to say, very “shit”.:)

Bit of a funny attitude, IE6 is crucial as most ppl use it, but viewing at 800 x600 (which is probably one of the most popular sizes ) is not?????????

Of course you can modify the user tools or remove them so no one can change size?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  andrew40 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum