Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hey there!

I have a problem with the correct positioning of the sidebars. After adding the sidebars, the main content frame gets very slim and the site looks terrible.

I tried adjusting the settings of the sidebars but i cant seem to find the correct way of doing it.

Please see the attachement with a before and after screenshot.

Thanks in advance

1. Homepage
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    When you used two sidebar the total width will be devided into the sidebars and main content.
    You can post the URL here and give me a screenshot how you want the sidebars to display.

Bummi Friend

Hi and thanks for the fast reply. This is the URL: http://www.format-online.com

And attached is the desired layout.

Is there a way to place the sidebars outside of the total width frame?

1. Homepage_1
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You can change the size columns from /tpls/blocks/mainbody/two-sidebar.php file.
    Decrease the columns size of sidebar and increase the mainbody columns size. For example column sidebar is col-md-3 change it to col-md-2 and increase the columns value of main content.
    Make sure tatol value should be 12.

Bummi Friend

Thanks man.

But now it looks really weird … please take a look: http://www.format-online.com
    Main10, Side1, Side1

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Its because sidebars size is 1 that is too small.
    You can manage size as per needs, col 2 is good value i think.

Bummi Friend

I changed it to 8, 2, 2 … but it looks just as bad as before.
    What can I do to get my desired result?

Thanks!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    If you use both sidebar its simple that you it reduce the content width, you can disable the sidebar if you want full width, as there is no solution you want sidebar and content in full width that is not possible.

Bummi Friend

Ok i changed it to only show the right sidebar. But the maincontent needs to be in the center of the homepage. How can i do it?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    If you want to change the width of the template kindly check this documentation.
    https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-faqs/layout-width#layout-width

Bummi Friend

Thanks man!

But is there really no way to just put the sidebar or .. the image outside of the mainbody? The text content should fill 100% of the main body and the sidebar should be on the right.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

The container width is fixed so you have to change the width with help of the documentation.

Bummi Friend

Alright! I will try it then. Thanks so far.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bummi 7 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum