Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I installed and configured the template ja university. I do not understand, however, why not view the site in responsive mode if I reduce the browser window. The module ja masshead is configured to appear on the home page, however if I reduce the page does not show it. Previously, I had installed the site locally and everything worked perfectly. passing the site on the host (I also suspended some modules) does not show it as responsive. Why is that?
    Also, it seems that the page takes a long time to load. Hardly does it load faster?

mobileadv Friend

I I tried the mozilla site and responds perfectly. I have the problem only with Internet Explorer.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hello,

I don’t understand why you need responsive for even IE browser. I have checked the site, only re-size doesn’t work on IE8, other older version IE still works well.

<blockquote>Also, it seems that the page takes a long time to load. Hardly does it load faster? </blockquote>

What you can do is:
    – enable the css / js optimization feature of T3. That will reduce the number of css / js files. Please manually check css file and remove any unused css, it will help much.

– Using our Amazon S3 component allows using CDN (cloudfront) and also has option to update cache folder with cron job.. which can be set to lower limit to have regular update of cache on cloud. Running without cache on is bound to make the site slower. However, the main reason for slow site would still be the number of items it has to fetch (css , js, images, external scripts / social stuff).

– You could check your bandwidth again, it’s better if your site is live so that I can check how it loads in my end.

– Is your host good enough? do you have any other site using this host so that it’s easier with a comparison.

– Check how many foreign site is referred from your content (DB query), it takes time to load js + css file from that site

– Reconsider the usage of the “important” plugins and moduls, sometimes switching them off is better and un-used content also.

kayz Friend

I agree.

I too have noticed of all templates this template loads very slow almost 30 seconds to load.

Here is my thread dedicated to this issue only: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/template-very-slow/

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kayz 11 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum