Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I installed the latest JA Multilingual Component version, in one of my J2.5 sites and it behaves very strange.
    First of all, it created two or even 3 copies of every module and second it did not translate the JA Slideshow Lite HTML. (I use the image folder method and the HTML per image).
    Also, no matter what I set for the main menu modules, they don’t show up at any language but English.
    Please help.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I deleted the translated content, in order to restore functionality. Feel free to try it yourself.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

I have tried to translate your site, and almost things worked well in new language, except for mega menu.
    Your site uses old JA T3 v2 megamenu that is not supported by JA Multilingual (JA Multilingual only supports default Joomla menu and T3 megamenu in new language). You can manually configure JA T3 v2 menu in new language following instruction mentioned here

<blockquote>First of all, it created two or even 3 copies of every module and second it did not translate the JA Slideshow Lite HTML. (I use the image folder method and the HTML per image).</blockquote>

JA Multilingual component needs to clone each item in default language for each new language, this task is required to build one multilingual site as the way Joomla defines.

As you know, JA Multilingual helps you do all steps automatically, but it can not handle all cases from all extensions. So, you need to manually fix some specific cases after translation.

7of9 Friend

Hi Dead Code,

Thanks for your help. If I update JA T3 v2 megamenu to the latest version, my problem will be resolved?
    What about JA Slideshow Lite HTML? Most of this website’s content is JA Slideshow Lite HTML. Is there any way to translate this using the component?

Thanks again!

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hi,

<blockquote>Thanks for your help. If I update JA T3 v2 megamenu to the latest version, my problem will be resolved?</blockquote>
    I am afraid JA Mendozite is a T3v2 template, not based on the latest T3 version. So if you still wish to use current JA Mendozite (T3v2), you need to configure mega menu manually as mentioned in solution above.

<blockquote>What about JA Slideshow Lite HTML? Most of this website’s content is JA Slideshow Lite HTML. Is there any way to translate this using the component?</blockquote>
    It has only some items in slideshow, I think it will not take you much time to translate it 🙂

7of9 Friend

Hi Dead Code,

There are 13 different slideshow modules, one per menu plus the info. For the past two days I am translating them.
    I have finished with two languages and I am working on the other two. So I think it is too much time. Plus every time I translate them the html tags are messed up and I have to rebuild them. I believe that this is a major problem with the component and you guys should work and fix it.

Thanks for the help so far. 🙂

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hi,

As you know, JA Multilingual is developed to help you build one multilingual site as quickly as possible with minimum steps to setup.

So, we tried to think of as various cases to reduce manual task where possible. However, in case of module, all settings will be stored in one data field “params”, and each module has individual settings, so it is impossible to translate content for module’s settings.

Hope you understand this limitation 🙂

<blockquote>I have finished with two languages and I am working on the other two. So I think it is too much time.</blockquote>

Our extension can not be a one-size-fit all solution. However, it somehow helps to save time rather than you build one multilingual site manually or use another tools 😉

P/S: Your site seems to get all fixed now 🙂
    http://www.hessellc.com/index.php/en/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum