Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

<em>@k2joom 472269 wrote:</em><blockquote>Remember, the template will still work if you install K2 and a K2 template over ride can be created to make it fit into the template style.

Simon
    K2Joom</blockquote>

But to work well we need to have knowledge of css. That’s why I prefer the models Smartaddons because we do not need to learn css…

James G Friend

I agree with an earlier comments about events.

I would much prefer if you integrated an event component into the template than using standard articles.

As said, using articles is pretty much useless as we can do that with a blog. Using an actual events component would bring so much more functionality.

There are some good ones out there.

James G Friend

I agree with an earlier comments about events.

I would much prefer if you integrated an event component into the template than using standard articles.

As said, using articles is pretty much useless as we can do that with a blog. Using an actual events component would bring so much more functionality.

There are some good ones out there.

jp Friend

Also I see the “our specialty” has its own specific block. I am sure you can customize this but I think churches and charities wants the public to know what are their mission and vision before they want to know their specialty. This will allow the people to decide if they want to be part of this charity/ church and explore the rest of the website

Maybe you can have a initiative way to display this on the main page

Kind Regards
    JP

jp Friend

Also I see the “our specialty” has its own specific block. I am sure you can customize this but I think churches and charities wants the public to know what are their mission and vision before they want to know their specialty. This will allow the people to decide if they want to be part of this charity/ church and explore the rest of the website

Maybe you can have a initiative way to display this on the main page

Kind Regards
    JP

Hung Dinh Friend

Friends,

Glad to introduce to you our latest live demo of JA Charity: http://ja-charity.demo.joomlart.com/

Please leave your comments and suggestions!

Cheers,

Hung Dinh Friend

Friends,

Glad to introduce to you our latest live demo of JA Charity: http://ja-charity.demo.joomlart.com/

Cheers,

charles99 Friend

The donation component you are using does not allow the end user to create a donation campaign which most website owners would like to offer their members…

Jgive would have been a better component to use… Or Crowd funding which is a free component and both of these components would allows the end user to create their own donation campaign…

splico123 Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 473157 wrote:</em><blockquote>Friends,

Cheers,</blockquote>

One suggestion would be that JA start inventing something instead of writing same template and re-skinning it for a month, uber was nice template, something different with custome module and nice themes that cover all these simple templates.

JA Teline V was just reskinning of the Teline IV with even less modules supported, pretty much Teline IV made responsive, and not fully at that too.

So, one suggestion is go browse internet a bit, check what others did, maybe get an idea. Gavick has done nice framework, Gantry 5 is coming along too, how about T3 new version, with more powerfull options? with drag and drop functions for most of the template work, with fields to update custom.css through backend, changing every aspect of template for people who dont want to change coding, that is all possible. How about updating to latest bootstrap, making it independent update of framework..

How about finally making default T3 styling dissapearing from the templates <head> so we dont have redundant calls to css…. make them all part of template so we dont have overwrite of default, then overwrite of templates one which we place in local. it gets complicated more and more, instead of making it simpler.

These are just few suggestions for JA staff, and all comes back to the first point, all this would give maybe ideas for new, innovative templates, instead of just re-skinning of the old and worn out ones.

cheers

splico123 Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 473157 wrote:</em><blockquote>Friends,

Cheers,</blockquote>

One suggestion would be that JA start inventing something instead of writing same template and re-skinning it for a month, uber was nice template, something different with custome module and nice themes that cover all these simple templates.

JA Teline V was just reskinning of the Teline IV with even less modules supported, pretty much Teline IV made responsive, and not fully at that too.

So, one suggestion is go browse internet a bit, check what others did, maybe get an idea. Gavick has done nice framework, Gantry 5 is coming along too, how about T3 new version, with more powerfull options? with drag and drop functions for most of the template work, with fields to update custom.css through backend, changing every aspect of template for people who dont want to change coding, that is all possible. How about updating to latest bootstrap, making it independent update of framework..

How about finally making default T3 styling dissapearing from the templates <head> so we dont have redundant calls to css…. make them all part of template so we dont have overwrite of default, then overwrite of templates one which we place in local. it gets complicated more and more, instead of making it simpler.

These are just few suggestions for JA staff, and all comes back to the first point, all this would give maybe ideas for new, innovative templates, instead of just re-skinning of the old and worn out ones.

cheers

tom_laan84 Friend

WHERE IS OUR MISSING TEMPLATE?

We’re still waiting for the one template that has not been released! Time to give some answers on that….

tom_laan84 Friend

WHERE IS OUR MISSING TEMPLATE?

We’re still waiting for the one template that has not been released! Time to give some answers on that….

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@tom_laan84 475856 wrote:</em><blockquote>WHERE IS OUR MISSING TEMPLATE?

We’re still waiting for the one template that has not been released! Time to give some answers on that….</blockquote>

Which one is missing? We are running late in releasing the templates but we are not missing any month. Uber 2 was a monthly template not a update. The showcase is showing charity as May but it is April and the upcoming template would be may release.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@tom_laan84 475856 wrote:</em><blockquote>WHERE IS OUR MISSING TEMPLATE?

We’re still waiting for the one template that has not been released! Time to give some answers on that….</blockquote>

Which one is missing? We are running late in releasing the templates but we are not missing any month. Uber 2 was a monthly template not a update. The showcase is showing charity as May but it is April and the upcoming template would be may release.

James G Friend

<em>@drarvindc 476505 wrote:</em><blockquote>Which one is missing? We are running late in releasing the templates but we are not missing any month. Uber 2 was a monthly template not a update. The showcase is showing charity as May but it is April and the upcoming template would be may release.</blockquote>

I dont agree with Uber being the release for two months but thats a different story.

I would imagine since you are running late you wouldn’t be against those who have developer memberships getting extensions for free then if they had just run out?

I have been a member here for many years now but I cannot help but feel it may be time to move elsewhere.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

This topic contains 40 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  tom_laan84 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum