Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

<em>@websair 468306 wrote:</em><blockquote>We like Uber updates but we do not accept as new monthly template release, we expect new multipurpose templates. adding new styles in Uber are Uber updates, its not monthly template.</blockquote>

Hi websair,

I fully understand you and I have explained it well in another thread here : http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/preview-responsive-joomla-template-for-fashion-store-ja-cago/#post-566149

You should follow up the conversation I had with users in that thread, that may help to clear our stand on the whole issue.

Uber certainly has advantage over other templates as it can be customized to for various sites and it takes a lot of time to add styles and improvement to it. While, it does retains the same name and features but all additions and fine tuning has taken the same amount of work and time as it would have taken for a regular template.

We cant please everyone but certainly do not want to offend anyone. I knew that not everyone would be happy with Uber 3 as it would look like recycling the same template but trust me its not just a update, it took lot of effort.

We are almost done with finalizing the concept for next month and I would be putting the same in the forums and email to ask members about features they would like in that and whatever would be feasible, we would add to it apart from our routine template features. This I know would mean more work for the team but I feel we at JoomlArt ought to work hard to satisfy the needs of our members.

Regards

Arvind

gringo211985 Friend

<em>@art3 467668 wrote:</em><blockquote>The truth is I am very disappointed with Joomlart.

I signed because I thought it was the best option in Joomla Club, but in recent months can not see a template to help me with my clients.

Do not say we made this wrong or does not serve anyone. The truth is that in 2014 the best of JoomlArt to been “JA Medicare,” a template I’ve used 8 different customers, because it is easy to customize and can use it for multiple purposes.

Expected to be better this year, but I was wrong.

I hope this will improve …..</blockquote>

I hear you about missing templates, but not entirely sure why you are disappointed with Uber?

It has literally unlimited potential and the flexibility with time saved factor is just freaking awesome. What would have taken 2 hours a little php and a lot of css has no turned into 15 minutes select mod, style, enter text + images, css colour change if needed. Productivity increase of 8 fold is literally AMAZING if you ask me!

It’s beyond me how any real designers can not see the potential in Uber + ACM

I don’t get why you think Medicare is even close to Uber + ACM, using the blocks and multiple layouts means you can literally make anything and it takes you very little time or css.

Using the same template for 8 different customers surely requires a hell of a lot of styling and if not then they will all look virtually the same, which for me as a designer is a huge no, no!

Be patient with JA, they’ve got something that will truly change Joomla design forever with the ACM + Uber.

gringo211985 Friend

<em>@websair 468306 wrote:</em><blockquote>We like Uber updates but we do not accept as new monthly template release, we expect new multipurpose templates. adding new styles in Uber are Uber updates, its not monthly template.</blockquote>

You do realize that they have created 3 new templates for you this month right?

The 3 demo sites they have just created for Uber look exactly what you would get from a brand new template from JA, so if you replicate the new 3 demos then there are 3 new templates for you. Are you saying, you would prefer if they created a standalone demo site for these themes and named them?

Personally I would like to see a new theme for Uber each month instead of brand new templates, but I think they should release standalone demo sites for the new themes created for Uber and name them, that way everyone that wants a new standalone will be happy, for whatever weird reason they may have. For example,

JA Landing

JA Book Store

1. Screenshot-landingpage
    2. Screenshot-bookstore
    Richard A Friend

Agreed, as Uber is so flexible why would anyone want a stand alone, focus on creating new styles and block options in Uber as it has much more potential.

dave_3d Friend

Will it be easy/possible to incorporate K2 into this template?

Dave

gringo211985 Friend

<em>@dave_3d 468411 wrote:</em><blockquote>Will it be easy/possible to incorporate K2 into this template?

Dave</blockquote>

Yes, it’s easy to add K2 however you will need to style to suit your needs.

Thanks,
    Richard

eagledk Friend

<em>@dealthenuts 468403 wrote:</em><blockquote>Agreed, as Uber is so flexible why would anyone want a stand alone, focus on creating new styles and block options in Uber as it has much more potential.</blockquote>

Yes in most cases the Uber is very flexible, but when it comes to ACM mocules and adding images.
    It is just a NO GO.

Because you have to point every image out. The option to just set the path to a folder is not an option, so have you just more than a few images then it is a hell to set up.
    Like the corporate page, at the top there is several images in a grid,but you have to set every single images you want on this site. It would have been alot better just to set the path for folder, and then it had to automatic place the images.

And the template is so build up against the ACM modules, that using other extensions isn’t really an option.

Why do I say this.

Well when I first saw the Uber, I was very thriled, because I have for a long time been looking for a template for a site to a photo community, and the many options the ACM module at first hand give was huge. But as mentioned it is to havy to use.
    I know they have the JA lens template, and yes nothing compares to that, when we are talking functionallity and photo/images.

Except, that there is something not working with that template, so the images after uploading just isn’t in the same quality as the original, and I have tried to make a case about that, but they just can’t see the problem, and after several times trying, I just gave up. Second the life cycle for that template is just 2 years from now, and starting a new site with a template that only have about 2 years is allready a dead end, for me at least.

So when I saw the Uber, it was at first the right template, but then when working with it, is just to hard, if there is more than just few images.

So no Uber is in my view NOT an monthly template, it is just old vine on new bottles!!
    And even how much work that have been put in to this upgrade of Uber, I still don’t think that I get what I paid for.

So Mr. Arvind, can we please have a NEW template for march?

Regards

Morten

gringo211985 Friend

<em>@eagledk 469014 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes in most cases the Uber is very flexible, but when it comes to ACM mocules and adding images.
    It is just a NO GO.

Because you have to point every image out. The option to just set the path to a folder is not an option, so have you just more than a few images then it is a hell to set up.
    Like the corporate page, at the top there is several images in a grid,but you have to set every single images you want on this site. It would have been alot better just to set the path for folder, and then it had to automatic place the images.

And the template is so build up against the ACM modules, that using other extensions isn’t really an option.

Why do I say this.

Well when I first saw the Uber, I was very thriled, because I have for a long time been looking for a template for a site to a photo community, and the many options the ACM module at first hand give was huge. But as mentioned it is to havy to use.
    I know they have the JA lens template, and yes nothing compares to that, when we are talking functionallity and photo/images.

Except, that there is something not working with that template, so the images after uploading just isn’t in the same quality as the original, and I have tried to make a case about that, but they just can’t see the problem, and after several times trying, I just gave up. Second the life cycle for that template is just 2 years from now, and starting a new site with a template that only have about 2 years is allready a dead end, for me at least.

So when I saw the Uber, it was at first the right template, but then when working with it, is just to hard, if there is more than just few images.

So no Uber is in my view NOT an monthly template, it is just old vine on new bottles!!
    And even how much work that have been put in to this upgrade of Uber, I still don’t think that I get what I paid for.

So Mr. Arvind, can we please have a NEW template for march?

Regards

Morten</blockquote>

What you on about??? Having to select every image??? You know there are container modules for that sort of thing lol. Just put a slideshow in a container and then you can show images from a folder.

JA Landing and JA Bookstore are the 2 new templates (find them in Uber)

You want Uber to be a “community photo site” and I ask, why haven’t you just installed a 3rd party extension to solve this???

If Uber was limited to just a “community photo site” then it would be a waste of time to me and the other 99.9999% of members.

I personally think Uber is one million times better than most people understand and how can you say that it’s not worth your money, if you paid $70 then the cost is $5.83 per month (per template) I would like to see what you could get for $5.83 that is better than Uber

Richard A Friend

I think it is a temporary situation eagledk and do agree with you gringo.

If I understand the concept behind Uber correctly the issues people who prefer standalone templates will gradually disappear over time as Uber develops.

I just look at Uber as a flexible core that will continue to add more features over time, allowing it to (if required) produce any/all of the existing templates in the Joomlart portfolio as well as the multitude of other variations.

When Joomlart reach that stage they can focus all their efforts on adding new features to Uber each month instead of standalone templates making resource allocation for development/support infinitely more efficient and producing a wini/win scenario for (us) their customers as well as themselves.

websair Friend

if you would like to see a new theme for Uber each month instead of brand new templates, than why should we buy Developer Membership, only Standard Membership is not enough?

eagledk Friend

<em>@gringo211985 469020 wrote:</em><blockquote>What you on about??? Having to select every image??? </blockquote>

Gringo, you can laugh as much as you want, it only shows you lack of repect of other people.
    And I can see from you post that you completely over looked my point, so please read again!!

And then look at my attached image, then you can see, what I mean by selecting every images, if you use the ACM module. This is how it is set up if I want something like the top of the corporate site. I have to manually select 54 images to get the same result, instead of just pointing to a folder.
    If that is not waste of my time, I don’t know what is?

<em>@gringo211985 469020 wrote:</em><blockquote>JA Landing and JA Bookstore are the 2 new templates (find them in Uber)</blockquote>

You forgot the JA Medicare (find it in Uber) 🙂

<em>@gringo211985 469020 wrote:</em><blockquote>You want Uber to be a “community photo site” and I ask, why haven’t you just installed a 3rd party extension to solve this???</blockquote>

Because 3rd party extensions don’t doo it alone, and the template is the way to get the style, for exactly the 3rd party extension you refer to.

<em>@gringo211985 469020 wrote:</em><blockquote>If Uber was limited to just a “community photo site” then it would be a waste of time to me and the other 99.9999% of members.</blockquote>

This show exactly, that you missed my point. Even that Uber has it’s flexibillity, it isn’t the answer to every thing!
    And to quote websair
    <em>@websair 469149 wrote:</em><blockquote>if you would like to see a new theme for Uber each month instead of brand new templates, than why should we buy Developer Membership, only Standard Membership is not enough?</blockquote>
    THats way Uber never should have been the template of the month!!!
    I doo so agree with you websair. 🙂

<em>@gringo211985 469020 wrote:</em><blockquote>I personally think Uber is one million times better than most people understand and how can you say that it’s not worth your money, if you paid $70 then the cost is $5.83 per month (per template) I would like to see what you could get for $5.83 that is better than Uber</blockquote>

I did not say that it is not worth my money, but as I see it I allready have paid for Uber once. So no I didn’t get what I was looking forward to, a NEW template for march.
    The update, they have done this month to Uber, is someting I will expect them to do, to keep their templates up to date.

When all that said, there must have been some changes, because last time I was trying to configure a 3rd party extension instead of an ACM module it didn’t go well. Now I have tryed that again, and now it is working.

<em>@dealthenuts 469022 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think it is a temporary situation eagledk and do agree with you gringo.

If I understand the concept behind Uber correctly the issues people who prefer standalone templates will gradually disappear over time as Uber develops.

I just look at Uber as a flexible core that will continue to add more features over time, allowing it to (if required) produce any/all of the existing templates in the Joomlart portfolio as well as the multitude of other variations.

When Joomlart reach that stage they can focus all their efforts on adding new features to Uber each month instead of standalone templates making resource allocation for development/support infinitely more efficient and producing a wini/win scenario for (us) their customers as well as themselves.</blockquote>

As I read you post, then you actually give me right in my opinion. Because as for now the Uber is not just good enough. And it will require that they will update Uber on a regullar basis. And if this is done, to replace the monthly template, it will not be for my money.

1. Corporate
    pedrox Friend

The concept of Uber interests me but still needs to improve a lot…

1. 01index
    pedrox Friend

<em>@gringo211985 469020 wrote:</em><blockquote>What you on about??? Having to select every image??? You know there are container modules for that sort of thing lol. Just put a slideshow in a container and then you can show images from a folder.

JA Landing and JA Bookstore are the 2 new templates (find them in Uber)

You want Uber to be a “community photo site” and I ask, why haven’t you just installed a 3rd party extension to solve this???

If Uber was limited to just a “community photo site” then it would be a waste of time to me and the other 99.9999% of members.

I personally think Uber is one million times better than most people understand and how can you say that it’s not worth your money, if you paid $70 then the cost is $5.83 per month (per template) I would like to see what you could get for $5.83 that is better than Uber</blockquote>

The arguments are always the same, so nothing improves. In JoomlArt customers never have reason and are constantly intimidated

Stop bullying!

1. 34244_ampliada_1
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  pedrox 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum