Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Thank you for three templates this month, I think Nickel will be my favourite for this month, simple and elegant. 😀

jsliao Friend

i like it! its clean and simple. just hope that there will be more color variations so that we do not need to manually edit the image files if we need to change color 🙂

imsleepy Friend

Nice template, but why are the breadcrumbs way down below the main content? Doesn’t make sense at all and I am sure visitors will hate it. Give the impression of one template stuck on top of another. The entire layout doesn’t make much sense and seems a little disjointed. Almost like an afterthought.

3 templates for the month is nice, but I think this one was definately a quickie and not thought out well.

Sorry guys, but I think you missed the mark with this one. Just one designer’s humble opinion.

I just wanted to add that I would be happy with only one template per month as long as it was exceptional in design, bug free, and contained more than the average number of color choices. I would like to see color choices that are not just the primary colors like red, blue, yellow, green, but neutral colors like tan, sage, off white, etc, that are more adaptible to ANY website. Primary colors sometimes tend to be too bright. Would be nice to see some neutral colors along with the brighter primary colors.

Three templates is fine, but not if it means inferior quality. I would rather see you spend more time on the quality of one template than becoming a “template mill” and producing poor quality, average templates that we can find anywhere.

Again, just my humble opinion that I am sure many will disagree with, but that’s ok… if we all think the same there would be no need to have conversation.

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@imsleepy 118023 wrote:</em><blockquote>Nice template, but why are the breadcrumbs way down below the main content? Doesn’t make sense at all and I am sure visitors will hate it. Give the impression of one template stuck on top of another. </blockquote>

When you look over some of the major sites, that were recently upgraded to the CMS Look, some have the breadcrumbs down below the complete content with a sort of sitemap even below it. So I think it is not a bad idea to change the layouts completely for new templates, to not being stuck in the old layout schemes that were once introduced and copied and copied and copied…different to a shop or directory site etc., where a navigation should always be on top, just because of knowing where one is at, and those are really the few ones where it really matters to know this at page load.

I also think it is not true that users will be hating it, as mankind like renewals and new stuff and not always the same. Otherwise, our cars would still look like in the 1950’s.;)

imsleepy Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 118081 wrote:</em><blockquote>I also think it is not true that users will be hating it, as mankind like renewals and new stuff and not always the same. Otherwise, our cars would still look like in the 1950’s.;)</blockquote>

You are probably right… but I do like those old 1950’s cars… 😉

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@imsleepy 118508 wrote:</em><blockquote>You are probably right… but I do like those old 1950’s cars… ;)</blockquote>

Me too, but those are vintage these days, bad for the environment, high gas costs, no airbags, no safety, no stereo or even dvd, no navigation system, no keyless entry, high noise and the spareparts cost a lot.

In fact I also like some of the “vintage” homepages they conserved, those first ones like the first homepage of C.E.R.N., the first homepage ever, you know they invented HTTP, but most think the us intelligence did, they also invented a similar thing, but not the today known HTTP internet.

It also makes sense to put the breadcrumbs below the content, as when you finished reading you are where the breadcrumbs are located and do not have to scroll back to the top to get to them.;)

suli3 Friend

Dear Team

Thank you that you have realize both my proposals. thankyou.

The template looks very goold. I will help many of ous to take it as business solution.

I have two issue:

1) Black & Business = NOGO (black is a forbidden color in the serious business world, so please take it out.
    2) The Club need more business templates, but not all shud be in the joomla style. I think it is time to propose web-solutions and not only joomla-solutions.

“LESS IS SOMETIMES MORE” So i think not each template need to much content.

But if anyone can solve this than this team

so good job 😉

fperez Friend

Thank you !!!

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

I think this template is going to cost me one licenced domain. I like the preview. Middle three module positions gone and the template is fit for my upcoming college intranet project.

techmatters Developer

I like this very much. A tweak here and there, replace the images and I have my medical practice website I am currently quoting for.

I am concerned though with the placement of the breadcrumbs. There a re unwritten standards for things like this, and getting creative and putting them at the bottom will be unsettling for people.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  techmatters 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum