Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,

1: I like the JA Wall especially because of the responsive design. But I need aditional module positions to suit my site. My question therefore is, if it would be possible to create more module positions for JA Wall? I have attached an image to illustrate how I imagine the new positions. Would these positions be possible?

2: Would it be possible to change the width of the content area from the current 50% (at full width) to something less – e.g. 35%?

Thanks and kind regards, Morten

1. JAWALL-modulepositions
    swissa Friend

JA Wall has these 3 positions already (dependent on size of browser window)

Have a check on the documentation to see how it is laid out.

Hope that helps

mortenrasmussen Friend

I have read the docs and what I can see (also from your link) is that JA Wall has sidebar, aside1, aside2 and aside3.

I can’t see where you would find the positions I am asking for?

swissa Friend

Sorry, my fault – didn’t look at your image properly. I thought you wanted aside 1, 2, 3 etc.

For the copyright position you could use position “debug” which is there already.

For the other two, and I know you don’t have Wall at the moment, you should be able to easily include some new code for these.

examples from a forum search

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/module-positions-and-mainbody/#post-453440

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/banner-ads-in-ja-wall/#post-470704

mortenrasmussen Friend

Thanks swissa for your advice.

I need it though to be confirmed, that it IS actually possible to create the positions, from the Joomlart staff before I purchase.

Kind regards, Morten

Wall Crasher Developer

@ mortenrasmussen,

It is possible that you can add more positions to JA Wall.
    For the latest version of JA Wall, we have a new position “top-content” which may have the same as ‘Above content’ position.

You may need to add other two positions by yourself.*We will try to support if possible.

mortenrasmussen Friend

Sounds great. I know it needs customization, so all I need to know for now is that it is possible within fair coding skills?

And how about my second questions: About changing the width of the content area – would that be possible too?

Wall Crasher Developer

@ mortenrasmussen,

Yes, you can change the css in the /templates/ja_wall/css/layout.css file:

body.has-aside #content {
    width: 35%;
    }

/* Aside ---*/
    #aside {
    float: right;
    width: 65%;
    }

mortenrasmussen Friend

I can’t see the new “top-content” in the demo builder. Is the demo builder not the latest version?

Wall Crasher Developer

@ mortenrasmussen,

The xml file seems not being updated, but the position does exist.
    Please try to type ‘top-content’ in position field and save.

It should work then.

mortenrasmussen Friend

Correct. It shows up.

But it is unstyled. Should I add a module class or something to have it styled like all the other modules on the page?

Wall Crasher Developer

@ mortenrasmussen,

The module position should not contain any specific style. The module is placed above the main content. You should add style to your module instead.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wall Crasher 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum