Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I am new to joomlart’s responsive templates and was wondering what module positions are available?

1. Is there an image that shows all the module positions for JA Wall? I dont like using tp=1 as i cant ever really see clearly the module positions. it is alot easier to view an overall image showing module positions.

2. I user kunena and jomsocial on my site and was wondering how that works on a responsive template? where is the mainbody area?

chavan Friend

Hi

1. The best way to know module position is use tp=1. JA Wall use 4 positions that are sidebar (left column), aside-1, aside-2, aside-3 (right column)

2. If you use kunena & jomsocial, they will not be responsive. If the page show all images, mainbody area contains all images, you will have to reorganize and place in between between right & left module.

dave_logic Friend

<em>@Do Ha 318820 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi

1. The best way to know module position is use tp=1. JA Wall use 4 positions that are sidebar (left column), aside-1, aside-2, aside-3 (right column)

2. If you use kunena & jomsocial, they will not be responsive. If the page show all images, mainbody area contains all images, you will have to reorganize and place in between between right & left module.</blockquote>

tp=1 does not work….

See below

http://joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_wall/?tp=1

chavan Friend

Hi

I have given feedback to QA team to change it.

fragworld Friend

?TP=1 has to activated in your options in template manager in the backend

one thing worth noting that the main menu is in the mainnav position but it does not show up in module manager as a template position not does aside1, aside2 and aside3 at least for me I have to fill it in manually as its not selectable.

halilibrahimkar Friend

If you want module position on main content, you can edit index.php in JA Wall Template.
    For example; add 23 and 199 lines in index.php for

[PHP]21. define(‘_ASIDE_POS_2’, ‘aside-2’);
    22. define(‘_ASIDE_POS_3’, ‘aside-3’);
    23. define(‘_MAIN_TOP’, ‘main-top’);[/PHP]

[PHP]195. <div id=”ja-message”>
    196. <jdoc:include type=”message” />
    197. </div>
    199. <jdoc:include type=”modules” style=”JAxhtml” name=”<?php echo _MAIN_TOP ?>” />
    201. <!– MAIN CONTENT –>[/PHP]

You can do more module position as this.

markkusq3po Friend

Hi, thanks, that’s a great info. Do you know perhaps where to include the code ” <jdoc:include …” for a new position over the mainnav? So to get some place for a header for example.
    Markus

Ninja Lead Moderator

First, you should check which is the JA template used by your web site. This can be found in the admin area -> Extensions -> Template Manager.

Then, load your cPanel -> File Manager or open your favourite FTP client.

Edit them. In the first file add the following line where the new position should be set: (templates/ja_wall/index.php)

<blockquote> <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”My_new_position” /></blockquote>

In the second file find the positions definition section and add the following line: (templates/ja_wall/templateDetails.xml)

<blockquote><position>My_new_position</position></blockquote>

Save the changes under your hosting account.

Navigate to the admin area and change the position of a chosen module to the new one. Detailed instructions can be found in the following knowledge base article:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum