Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi

You can manually add the position name "item-sidebar"

1. Screenshot_21
    2. Screenshot_22
    ajarnken Friend

Hi there ,

thanks for that. Ive put it in for one of the modules, but it doesnt appear… in addition, the Twitter module has disappeared from the page and the captcha has also gone…

Modules – 90 – for twitter module, 142 – Ads Elite

Register page not showing the captcha http://languageopenlearning.com/user/join-the-network

Twitter module disappeared when I inputed my own Twitter details. The captcha disappeared when I inputed my own details and the item-sidebar, I havent been able to activate that

Also the google map Ive not been able to activate either, its just a gray block – http://languageopenlearning.com/english

Any chance you could have a quick look and advise? I have updated back end admin pass for you.

Kind regards

Ken Thorkildsen

pavit Moderator

Hi

Account for backend doesn’t works , could you double check it ?

ajarnken Friend

Hi Pavit

Apologies can you retry.

Regards

Ken Thorkildsen

pavit Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ajarnken Friend

Hi there – thanks for the reply.

I was a little confused as I didnt think I had installed any 3rd party applications before it didnt work. So I downloaded the template again to my localhost, added the search filter and the maps on the categories were working. The twitter module was not.

I then imported my K2 tables via SQL from my live site to the localhost (to save me the type of reentering all the items again) and noticed that the maps then stopped working.

Would there be a reason for the K2 tables to cause the twitter module and maps not to work? Maybe a problem with the extra fields? I really have no idea and have been looking for a solution for a few days.

Any advice or suggestions?

Kind regards

Ken Thorkildsen

pavit Moderator

Hi

Would there be a reason for the K2 tables to cause the twitter module and maps not to work?

I think that this is the main reason why your map is not working, since the quickstart works fine

ajarnken Friend

Hi there –

actually I have installed the quickstart on my localhost (download 2/5/16 and also within the last hour I downloaded another quickstart copy and installed on the localhost) and the twitter module doesnt show on either installation.

Do you know of any issues? and would this be causing a problem with the K2 categories?

pavit Moderator

Do you know of any issues? and would this be causing a problem with the K2 categories?

Hi

Is the module correctly configured with your correct oauth keys for twitter app ? is the access to your App correctly set ?

Twitter changed policy about their API Keys

ajarnken Friend

Hi

Ive uploaded from my localhost to a live server version and the twitter module now appears. Ive put in my own twitter account name and left the API keys as they were in the quickstart and it appears ok.

ill work on how to resolve the issue and the problem between k2 and the category maps on the template. Thanks.

ajarnken Friend

Hi there again….

I am still having problems with the map as explained above.

I have downloaded a new copy of the JaDirectory Quickstart – and the map works ok.

I have added some new extra fields and I have inputted a K2 item and the map stops working.

I have been round and round for a few days trying to figure out what I have done wrongbut I can not see what is wrong. I havent downloaded any 3rd party extensions, I have simply added a new K2 item

The map in the k2 item works fine – it is in the k2 category view that it doesnt work.

http://joomla-7075-15606-116789.cloudwaysapps.com/index.php/english/item/119-perfect-angels-by-ajarn-aum – item is ok

http://joomla-7075-15606-116789.cloudwaysapps.com/index.php/english – category view

I have given you access to this site – same details as above – admin part of the site is

http://joomla-7075-15606-116789.cloudwaysapps.com/administrator

Any suggestions or ideas would be most welcome.

Regards

Ken Thorkildsen

edit – as an update, I have another site that i am testing http://joomla-7075-15606-110275.cloudwaysapps.com/ and the map works on some category pages and not others. again this is a ja quickstart.

pavit Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ajarnken Friend

OK as I mentioned the couple of new examples I gave are ja quickstart examples without any 3rd party add ons including OSE hacker and there are no error warnings etc… and the google map doesnt work in the category if I add a K2 item for these.

Thanks for your assistance anyway….Ill keep looking for a solution or see what else is out there.

Regards

Ken Thorkildsen

ajarnken Friend

Hi there – for your information, I think I have found what has been wrong.

I added and extra field for an email address in the K2 item. If I add an email address, eg someone@somewhere.com, this stops the google map showing on the category page.

Can you have a look and test yourselves and let me know if there is a fix around this.

Many thanks

Ken Thorkildsen

pavit Moderator

Can you have a look and test yourselves and let me know if there is a fix around this.

Hi there

K2 Extra fields are loaded into Map from template, processing this file /templates/ja_directory/html/com_k2/directory/category.php
    if you add a new extra field but there is no corrispondency in the mentioned file then map is not showed and this is not a bug but the normal settings for default released template files.

To modify above php code and include your needed extra field will require a custom work to personalize your map , as i said you can ask for a custom work accessing THIS PAGE

Best regards.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ajarnken 7 years, 11 months ago.

The topic ‘Positions for Map, Related Items and Latest Items’ is closed to new replies.