Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

<em>@victortopper 74641 wrote:</em><blockquote>I used version JA Teline II for Joomla 1.5: (Quickstart included Joomla! 1.5.5 + Template, Extensions packages installation) (10.77 MB)
    </blockquote>

You have to specify the Teline II version and when you actually dowloaded. So, if you are now Joomla 1.5.5 in the QuickStart Kit, how did you upgrade Joomla 1.5.6.

<em>@victortopper 74641 wrote:</em><blockquote>

with the modification of the security breach

I am in mutualized lodging

During my installation I had a parameter “correction of error which was with “one” instead of “off” I do not know if that can pose problem

Thank you

Victor</blockquote>

questbg Friend

You guys let me know if you need translation here! Happy to help as usual! 😀

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@questbg 74674 wrote:</em><blockquote>You guys let me know if you need translation here! Happy to help as usual! :D</blockquote>

Do you have more time now Chris?

This would be a good start:

Summary Browser-based Installation

with grab image, for the Tutorials, if you try it yourself. Have you ever created a fresh install that leads to Joomla 1.5.6-Teline II? This will be a good chance to create a Sandbox.

Cornelio

victortopper Friend

Cornelio,

I make make a new installation this evening, I will keep you informed

Victor

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@victortopper 74684 wrote:</em><blockquote>Cornelio,

I make make a new installation this evening, I will keep you informed

Victor</blockquote>

Victor,

Be sure to read the link I gave in my prior response to Chris.

ask Chris when he might have the translation in French.

There are more reading materials also in the

Joomla University
    site

Cornelio

questbg Friend

Hey Guys

<em>@cgc0202 74696 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    ask Chris when he might have the translation in French.
    </blockquote>

My site just went live … I haven’t slept for 72 hours!

Will translate when my brain works again 🙂

Now I intend to drink a large, very cold beer and sleep for ever!

Be back soon
    Chris

questbg Friend

Victor … J’ai besoin de bière, ensuite dormir, alors je reviendrai pour vous aider demain!

victortopper Friend

Bonsoir Chris

One should not drink too much beer. I am at the house

A+

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@victortopper 74634 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello Cornelio,
    I will do what you ask I will download new Joomla 1.5.x-Teline II zip for a new installation and I will inform you of the résultat.dans the evening

Very content with you find missed yourself us

Victor</blockquote>

Hainn, Victor, and Chris,

Hainn, please can you help resolve this:

Based from the experience of gaygiorgia, please refer to

[JA-NEWS BUG STRIKES BACK] <br /> problem again on ja-news.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-news-bug-strikes-back-br-problem-again-on-ja-news/

Fatal error – undefinited function – quickstart teline 2 1.5.6

there are quite a few problems with the latest version posted:

Joomla 1.5.6-Teline II

not only did it cause another fatal error, the latest version “erase” the features sought by gaygiorgia

possibly because of the introduction of a new fix to accommodate another feature sought by Bossep that was introduced in the latest

Joomla 1.5.6-Teline II

The problem is that several of the fixes are on the same php file:

helper.php

I did not encounter any of these problems because my current Joomla 1.5.6-Teline II applied only the latest fixes up to Joomla 1.5.5-Teline II v1.5

and then I upgraded to Joomla 1.5.6, I have not included the latest fixes because the stripping functions desired by Bossep, in one of the latest Teline II fixes — also in the helper.php, based from Hainn’s fix is incompatible with an earlier fix, that I thought was more important.

This issue of incompatibility is another reason for the rationale of the

Need for Template (Patch) Update

especially for those already with existing Joomla 1.5.x-Template site.

Each member must have a chance to decide what fixes to apply. And, this is more easily achieved if the specific files that have been modified, either due to bugs or desire specific features are provided.

Hainn,

I have spent almost a day now, going over each of the fixes up to Teline II v1.5. I have not even considered the latest fixes introduced as of 20080816. More important, I have not yet had a chance to analyze which of the fixes I need, in case I introduce the most recent fixes.

Just imagine if all those Teline II users have to do the same — lots of wasted time that translates into a lot of money if we pay ourselves for the time spent.

So Hainn, I hope you can help in resolving this.

Cornelio

So

victortopper Friend

Good evening Cornelio,

I have just made a new installation while following your instructions, this time the installation passed well.
    Here the URL
    http: //mwindapresstv.mwinda.org

Check can be there are other problems

Thank you
    Victor

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@victortopper 74746 wrote:</em><blockquote>Good evening Cornelio,

I have just made a new installation while following your instructions, this time the installation passed well. Here the URL; HTTP; //mwindapresstv.mwinda.org

Check can be there are other problems

Thank you
    Victor</blockquote>

That is good to know Victor. By the way your URL above is not written properly? It should be http://mwindapresstv.mwinda.org

This is the reason why I always tell people to do a “fresh install” using a “fresh download” whenever something like this happens.

There is no sense speculating what the problem could be, unless it can be replicated. Remember this policy and you will have less need to worry about “errors” that may be random and not really true “errors” or bugs.

After all, once you get used to it, the QuickStart Kit installation takes only about 5-10minutes tops. In contrast, the four of us combined must have spent more than a day dealing with the issue.

What could happened is what is referred to as random “fidelity error” — during any stage of the download, unpacking, and upload . According to my previous reading on this, it can be due to your connectioins.

At any rate, to learn from your experience: Is there anything that you have done or not done in the first installation that is different from the instruction I provided?

Try to remember because whatever you did that might be different may help others in the future.

By the way, which instruction are you referring to — the long one I copied from Joomla

Web Browser Installation of Joomla 1.5.x

or the

Actually, because the Joomla browser based installation is so intuitive, even the outline alone in the
    Web Browser Installation of Joomla 1.5.x

would be sufficient. Make sure you keep notes though.

Sandbox (mirror site)

You are not out of the woods yet. What you should do is install another Joomla-Teline II, as you have done. You must get the same Demo page. Then use this as your sandbox.

Errors encountered by gaygiorgia

Since the French language uses “special characters” too like many European languages, you may want to read more on the links that I provided there (see my previous post). And look at the links in the “changelog” (see your download).

Try to study those links included there, and the fixes, as well as the problems encountered by gaygiorgia and Bossep.

Now, I have a task for you. Please help Chris prepare French translations of the articles and other tutorials. 🙂

Cornelio

victortopper Friend

Thank you very much of all that you made for the community. I will try to still install it for better assimilating the process. Tomorrow I will inform chris to make a French tutoriel for the French-speaking community. I will put myself at the job to place the articles. I would like to make a modification of login, create year account and search to put it in French which file to modify.
    Thank you
    and good night

URL
    http://mwindapresstv.mwinda.org

victortopper Friend

Hello Cornelio,

should be to You in form this morning considering the job which you made yesterday.
    As said it to you, the installation functions well I made several installations without problem. But I have a concern when I install components for example compoant it JCE editor of file and ‘other like the language
    I am available if you want others infos I can send the code admin to you if you want to test
    thank you

Victor

cgc0202 Friend

Chris has used those Victor. I have never had a chance to use them yet. Maybe he can help you.

questbg Friend

I can help with JoomFish as this is now running well (v2.0 beta), but I never got around to changing default text editor … yet!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

This topic contains 45 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  questbg 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum