Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Something else is strange. I just checked my JA News module, and my ‘Show Front Page Article’ is set to ‘No’ but everything seems to be working fine!

Very odd

cgc0202 Friend

where the

Show front page article Yes No has the default NO (please refer to Hainn’s image above)

http://joomla-university.org/jte15x099/

the above is a Demo page and will show the DEMO page correctly, even if the default NO was indicated, contrary to what Hainn suggested above.

Please note that in the above DEMO link, the error observed in the JA News articles links was left intact.: For example:

http://joomla-university.org/jte15x099/sport/102-india-closes-torch-relay-to-spectators.html

For all the Sections in the JA News module to appear,

the Group by Category or Section Category Section (=> Section must be default above and below)

Category (Section) ID:

13:red
    14:orange
    8:deepblue
    12:cyan
    5:green
    9: pink
    11:lime

and showing the above in the Sections list. The above numbers (Section ID) must be checked.

If they are there, it is likely that there error lies somewhwere else. Note that to achieve the above

Joomla 1.5.6-Teline II v1.5

it required QuickInstallation as follows:

Upload (via FTP) of unpacked Joomla 1.5.5-Teline II v1.5
    Perform QuickInstall (follow instruction as indicated in browser)
    Remove “installation”
    Check administrator and front end
    Perform post installations

Second stage:
    The upgrade to Joomla 1.5.6 was done simply by uploading (via FTP) the unpacked Joomla 1.5.5 to Joomla 1.5.6 Patch Upgrade.

That’s it.

The aforementioned installation and upgrade were done as indicated because the installation of the Demo page indicated above was performed prior to the release of Jomla 1.5.6.

I looked at the Teline II upload again, it looks that it was updated. It is possible that the error might lie in the revised Joomla 1.5.6-Teline II v1.5.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@questbg 74605 wrote:</em><blockquote>Something else is strange. I just checked my JA News module, and my ‘Show Front Page Article’ is set to ‘No’ but everything seems to be working fine!

Very odd</blockquote>

Chris, your site is not odd. What you have is the correct default setting. That is why I am skeptical that Hainn’s solution above is not correct.

What version of Joomla 1.5.x are you talking about?

See the Demo installation above.

Cornelio

Sherlock Friend

Hi cgc0202 and questbg !
    YES, I have checked teline ii package and change Show front page article from YES to NO and it still runs well. but in victortopper’s site , JA News doesn’t appear when set Show front page article is NO . This is strange problem.

questbg Friend

I agree … very strange!

<em>@cgc0202 74611 wrote:</em><blockquote>What version of Joomla 1.5.x are you talking about?
    </blockquote>

Victor is running clean installation of 1.5.6

cgc0202 Friend

where the

Show front page article Yes No where YES was selected (please refer to Hainn’s image above)

http://joomla-university.org/jte15x010/

The installation here to arrive at the Joomla 1.5.6-Teline II v1.5 was essentially as outlined in post #17:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=74606&postcount=17

Furthermore the error in the raw DEMO was corrected, so that when you clicked on any of the articles links in the JA News Module, there is no error. For example:

http://joomla-university.org/jte15x010/joomla-15x/installation/164-joomla15x-installation.html

Note that in this example, when the option:

Show front page article Yes No where YES was selected

the article links shown above will appear both in the JA News Fronttpage module and the appropriate Section in the JA News Module.

Contrast this feature with the DEMO page articles links.

These two sites demonstrate that the solution is not as suggested by Hainn. Please check the potential possible indicated in post numbers.

But, as I suggested above, for Fresh install — don’t waste time trying to find the problem. The best strategy is to find if you can eliminate or replicate the problem by performing another QuickStart installtion.

Go from there, after the second installation.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@questbg 74614 wrote:</em><blockquote>I agree … very strange!

Victor is running clean installation of 1.5.6</blockquote>

Chris,

I have to know the actual version and exactly (details of) how it was installed.

Please check the Sections list, as I indicated in the DEMO.

Better still, just perform another fresh QuickStart installation for reasons I stated in previous posts here. Saves a lot of time from unwanted speculation

Cornelio

Sherlock Friend

Hi cgc0202 !
    I understand very clearly about show frontend article Option , because , this is option which i have added in JA News module . Before there isn’t that option in JA News then i added that option in JA News. 🙂 . i will check again victortopper’s site to detect strange problem.

victortopper Friend

Hello Hainn84,

in all that if my problem isn’t completely well solved which is what you advise me?

Victor

victortopper Friend

As said it cornelio, all the modules are not on the frontpage if the DEMONSTRATION is looked at. The installation I did it by quickstart by downloading the repertory déziper on the site

Cdt

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@hainn84 74612 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi cgc0202 and questbg !
    YES, I have checked teline ii package and change Show front page article from YES to NO and it still runs well. but in victortopper’s site , JA News doesn’t appear when set Show front page article is NO . This is strange problem.</blockquote>

Hi Hainn,

At least we are now in agreement. What is the latest version of the Joomla 1.5.x-Teline II?

My gut feeling is that the cause is somewhere else. As I stated, no need to speculate on the problem for now.

Chris,

Please clarify from Victor the details of the Joomla 1.5.x-Teline II. I need to know when he downloaded the one he used.

And, ask him to do another QuickStart Installation. It may even be a good idea to use a Fresh download of the Joomla 1.5.x-Teline II zip kit.

My preference is to

1. Download the Joomla 1.5.x-Teline II zip
    2. Unpack the Joomla 1.5.x-Teline II zip kit.
    3. Find the actual zip of the QuickStart Kit file in the QuickStart directory and unpack.
    4. Upload via FTP the unpacked Joomla 1.5.x-Teline II QuickStart Kit

If the same problem is replicated with fresh download and fresh install (see outline below), then we can start speculating about what caused the problem.

Official Joomla Installation

By the way, in the site:

http://joomla-university.org/jte15x010/

I “copied” the detailed and key section of the Official Joomla installation procedure. It is dated (2007) but it is all the same, and it is exactly the same procedure used to perform the Joomla1.5.x-Teline II QuickStart Installation

and the link:

Web Browser Installation of Joomla 1.5.x

Everyone who encounters any problem with QuickStart installation should read the detailed procedure (lots of do’s and don’ts plus precautions, etc.)

The links within each article points to the Joomla site with details.

Morever, in the

link:

there is also an outline:

Article Index
    Step 1: Language Choice
    Step 2 – Pre-installation Check
    Step 3 – License
    Step 4 – Database Configuration
    Step 5 – FTP Configuration
    Step 6 – Main Configuration
    Step 7 – Finish
    Confirm Installation Success

that provides the key steps. The most critical are:

Step 4 – Database Configuration
    Step 5 – FTP Configuration
    Step 6 – Main Configuration

Be sure to read all the ones written in the “Browser-based” installation in these steps.

Cornelio

victortopper Friend

Hello Cornelio,
    I will do what you ask I will download new Joomla 1.5.x-Teline II zip for a new installation and I will inform you of the résultat.dans the evening

Very content with you find missed yourself us

Victor

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@hainn84 74622 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi cgc0202 !
    I understand very clearly about show frontend article Option , because , this is option which i have added in JA News module . Before there isn’t that option in JA News then i added that option in JA News. 🙂 . i will check again victortopper’s site to detect strange problem.</blockquote>

Hi Hainn,

Yeah, if I remember correcly, when I first saw this post by Victor, the JA News module (front end) was completely missing???

Is the latest version of Joomla 1.5.x-Teline II already Joomlla 1.5.6?

If Victor replicates the same error with Fresh downloa and fresh install, I will try to upload it myself, and see if I will get the same error in my server.

Could you do me a favor though Hainn?

If I get the same error as Victor gets (in second fresh installation), I have a modified version of Joomla 1.5.5-Teline II v1.5. The one we discussed with the corrections from previous threads.

What I need would be the actual files that were corrected for the Teline II v1.5 (or later). If I have the specific corrected files, I can systematically do the corrections of the Teline II v1.5.

Together, using the above of systematically adding one fixed file at a time, we may be able to isolate the bugs, if any.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@victortopper 74634 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello Cornelio,
    I will do what you ask I will download new Joomla 1.5.x-Teline II zip for a new installation and I will inform you of the résultat.dans the evening

Very content with you find missed yourself us

Victor</blockquote>

Hi Victor,

Can you provide me details of the actual version you used?

I may get an idea what might have gone wrong. If Hainn provides the actual fixed files, I may be able to check if I can replicate any further error, in case you get the same.

When you download, unpack and upload the Joomla 1.5.x-Teline II QuickStart Kit, here are details I usually record, and expect of you to provide:

Software Download, unpack and upload

I can be very anal in my record keeping, but if something goes wrong, by going back to my records, sometimes I can diagnose the problem.

The dates are as critical in the record keeping, even if the same software version was downloaded and used.

Cornelio

victortopper Friend

I used version JA Teline II for Joomla 1.5: (Quickstart included Joomla! 1.5.5 + Template, Extensions packages installation) (10.77 MB) with the modification of the security breach

I am in mutualized lodging

During my installation I had a parameter “correction of error which was with “one” instead of “off” I do not know if that can pose problem

Thank you

Victor

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

This topic contains 45 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  questbg 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum