Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Author

Documentation Boys and Girls… I DO NOT NEED anymore templates, I need the ones you have to install and work CLEANLY with Joomla components when they are installed and I need decent documentation to support your system.

STEP BY STEP Instructions… with ALL settings shown and not some outdated screenshot that only shows a couple of tabs.

Your templates are being used with major third party joomla development projects/components… now figure out how to install your templates with these components in mind. You need to keep up with certain 3rd party developers ie. virtuemart, kunena, K2 etc.

Your ACM is always an issue and you have zip point nothing for documentation … your manuals look pretty with the fancy dancy doc slider on the side… now instead of making your site look pretty… how about you spend some time on substance for a change?

There basically isn’t one Template that can be installed without hacking around and dealing with issues that should be taken care of with installation.

Currently there is NO way to get JA Directory working without installing it via quickstart… it does NOT install over any other install cleanly and I am so tired of trying to find the answers within your documentation.

I absolutely dread coming to this worthless forum and trying to find an answer because they are always lazy answers from the staff and mis-informed answers from users and developers who are also wasting their time looking for answers.

If you are a staff member of Joomlart and moderating this forum, stop being lazy and give full DETAILED answers.

You have a chat system now do the right thing and put up an FAQ help ticket program and stop being lazy with this worthless forum.

BTW I have figured out what’s wrong with the JA Directory and the installation step-by-step procedure is pretty much worthless. There is a template issue with the css and also a php issue which is preventing it from working with K2 2.8.0.

K2 2.8.0 is rock solid on everything else but your templates… that should tell you something shouldn’t it? Also the K2- JA K2 Extra Field plugin needs a tweek for 2.8.0 to play well with it… also the K2 Filter needs to be re-installed after initial component installation… and that’s just a few of the non-documented things you have to do to get this template to play with all others…

https://www.rxgreenthumb.com/48 (Development site… trying to figure out how to get all the templates to play nice with each other… still having an issue with Playstore… header top panel just doesn’t want to play with the other templates. But I’ll figure it out…

Any reason you haven’t put up a development server with everything installed and set properly for others to go in and see the actual settings in the backend? If you did, I wouldn’t need to waste my time looking for a needle in a haystack on this worthless forum you call support.

Please get your act together in regards to documentation… Personally I would have fired the person in charge of it by now and brought in some real tech writers.

It has gotten to the point were I do NOT even attempt to put your templates in for my clients and I strongly urge them to seek other systems due to this issue.

If you spent your time on function instead of fancy your sales would go threw the roof. Or you can spend your time making your worthless documentation look pretty, while I spend my time looking for another third party vendor for my joomla template needs.

Michael McCarthy

bbmedia Friend

The Joomla environment needs to progress. Joomla has a range of advantages over WP, but what it sorely lacks is a widely supported drag & drop but powerful page builder (not framework) supported by a strong open community. Otherwise Joomla’s marketshare will remain static at best, and it will drop behind WP and the many proprietary services which are dead-easy to setup for both consumers and devs.

If you look at WP we’re starting to see a move away from specific templates with a specific range of features/functionality toward page builders, with a range of supporting graphical layouts that people can choose from to begin their site. WP’s move to Gutenberg, and the rise of Elementor, Beaver Builder, Divi, Themify, Site Origin, King Composer and other lightweight page builders. These are spawning communities which are built around them. The supporting theme(s) then provide a starting point for easy & quick ramp up to a working website with specific plugin functionality included, but allow unlimited flexibility and access to the wide range of free & and premium supporting extensions/addins.

This is what GavickPro and other Joomla theme makers were heading towards with their base frameworks. The first company to do this well in the Joomla space can capture most of the market. The page builder needs to be be a freemium product: have free entry (and IMO be provided with a GPL license such that it can be further modified and developed for custom situations), to make it universally accepted and community supported, and yet purchase of a yearly license provided support and extras, such that it is a no brainer for both Joomla web devs right through to DIY consumers to choose.

So "which theme to develop" isn’t the right Q in my opinion. Even on Envato (Themeforest) the top themes are page builders. Why do you think GavickPro failed, and other theme makers are having such a hard time now? The next decade won’t be ruled by theme makers, it will be ruled by those who sit behind a popular page builder, and particularly those that have moved away toward a simple modular framework supported by a JavaScript base (this is also where WP is heading: reactive JS as the interactive layer).

thejoomla Friend

Hello,

can you please develop a template for Vik Rent Items, i will buy it immediately

thanks

zhzubair4 Friend

1 thing a very good project will be a directory template, e.g job board or classifieds using the power of new joomla 3.7 feature custom fields…….

Yap Friend

agreed with bbmedia.

The Joomla environment needs to progress. Joomla has a range of advantages over WP, but what it sorely lacks is a widely supported drag & drop but powerful page builder (not framework) supported by a strong open community. Otherwise Joomla’s marketshare will remain static at best, and it will drop behind WP and the many proprietary services which are dead-easy to setup for both consumers and devs.

If you look at WP we’re starting to see a move away from specific templates with a specific range of features/functionality toward page builders, with a range of supporting graphical layouts that people can choose from to begin their site. WP’s move to Gutenberg, and the rise of Elementor, Beaver Builder, Divi, Themify, Site Origin, King Composer and other lightweight page builders. These are spawning communities which are built around them. The supporting theme(s) then provide a starting point for easy & quick ramp up to a working website with specific plugin functionality included, but allow unlimited flexibility and access to the wide range of free & and premium supporting extensions/addins.

This is what GavickPro and other Joomla theme makers were heading towards with their base frameworks. The first company to do this well in the Joomla space can capture most of the market. The page builder needs to be be a freemium product: have free entry (and IMO be provided with a GPL license such that it can be further modified and developed for custom situations), to make it universally accepted and community supported, and yet purchase of a yearly license provided support and extras, such that it is a no brainer for both Joomla web devs right through to DIY consumers to choose.

So "which theme to develop" isn’t the right Q in my opinion. Even on Envato (Themeforest) the top themes are page builders. Why do you think GavickPro failed, and other theme makers are having such a hard time now? The next decade won’t be ruled by theme makers, it will be ruled by those who sit behind a popular page builder, and particularly those that have moved away toward a simple modular framework supported by a JavaScript base (this is also where WP is heading: reactive JS as the interactive layer).

Rx Greenthumb, Inc. Friend

What I would like is for you to get everything actually working and get your documentation caught up.
    I’ve have had nothing but a nightmare with JA Directory.

I have yet to install a clean virgin copy from your quickstart or install the template in an existing site cleanly. I am so tired of chasing my tail and trying to find anything on this message board is just a waste of time.

Your documentation is outdated and quite frankly it sucks to begin with.

I honesty wish I never heard of T3 right now and that’s the truth.

I don’t need anything new, I need the old stuff to work! Out of the box, without having to come to this message board, post a request and give you ADMIN access to our site! No sir that is NOT how it is done.

It is done by developing a clean install to begin with and or having your updates overwrite or add files as necessary.

You should never need Admin access or ftp access for third party development.

Please get your shit together in this department because I really like the look of your templates and they have such potential. Unfortunately I cannot spend my time waiting for a message board response nor can I give you admin access to our site.

Thank you.

Michael McCarthy

wbroda Friend

Your recent templates lack one big important thing – the floating/sticky main menu, like in JA Healthcare.
    Last time I checked, none of the new templates had this solution – JA Healthcare was brilliant and I’m looking for a sticky menu solution just like in this template in all new templates.

There are round-about ways that I have tried to get a similar effect, but none are seamless and fully responsive.
    PLEASE add this feature to your new templates, it’s a standard that clients always ask for (at least in my projects). I don’t care if it’s a fixed feature or an option, but please add this in your future templates.

G T Friend

Mobile Repair Template

nick121 Friend

My vote would be for an improved Teline V, perhaps a VI version, and perhaps it’s time start getting ready for Bootstrap 4 (and AMP solution would be sweet)!

I want to echo the sentiments expressed by several people, because I think they are important.

Better vs. More
    I think many of us would like ‘better’ as opposed to ‘more.’ Improve the existing templates, work on better documentation, add/improve existing features.

Consistent ‘Look and Feel’
    The existing Teline V has so many great features, but again, to go into production, it requires a lot of hacking to get a consistent look and feel and take advantage of those features. For example, there is inconsistent styling amongst the various sections, and it requires some hacking to the site a consistent ‘look and feel’ while at the same time incorporating the features across different sections.

Even more frustrating, the Main Navigation completely disappears, and the module positions are removed, throughout different sections of the Teline V site. All that’s needed to remedy this is to make available the same module positions – but for seemingly no sensible reason, those module positions have just not been included – and the Main Nav (THE MAIN NAV!) is not available on important sections of the site.

Please don’t ‘Hard-code’ modules into the template
    The date on the ‘What’s New’ section is hard-coded into the template, instead of simply being a module. That means you have to add custom css to hide something, when you should be able to use the module features built into Joomla. The ‘What’s New’ feature is really nice – but if somebody wanted to incorporate it on other sections of the site (for example on the Blog section, in the same place and style), this is now impossible – why? Because the hard-coded date is not a module as it should be.

Please use standard ad sizes
    News web sites almost always, display ads – for many, this is their bread and butter. Yet, it appears that there is little consideration in the template design given to standard ad sizes. For example, in the Teline V Blog section, there is a leaderboard ad sized at 700×100. A standard leaderboard ad is 728×90.

I would suggest following Google AdSense’s standard ad sizes for Google’s Top Performing Ad Sizes (YOU CAN ADVERTISE THIS AS FEATURE)

Anyways, I hope that helps set a direction for Joomlart’s future and how to make us client’s happy!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

I have yet to be able to hack a Joomlart template enough to put in production (I can’t tell you how frustrating that is) – but I sure hope this time around, with a little help, I can be successful and a longterm Joomlart client – I love the designs!!!

Phill Moderator

Michael,

While this thread is not really the place to deal with your frustration I feel compelled to respond, and hopefully assist.

Firstly, updating and installing a template in Joomla is never as straightforward. While it is possible to have a template install and setup via QuickStart, on an existing site that method would be very dangerous. A template and other extensions in this case should never affect existing setups or data. It should be under full control of the admin. There have been CMS packages that have tried, but it ends up really messy and inevitable issues occur.

So we are left with a set of packages to install, then the task of configuration to fit your needs. Tha can be a chore and I do agree the JA docs can be lacking at time. However, the QuickStart can be used here. Simply install it locally to compare settings. It for me at least works out far less time consuming than searching docs.

I know forums can be slow at times, and it gets really frustrating waiting for an answer especially when you are trying to get a job done. It can also be a slow back and forth process to get a resolution. This is from both sides, especially when both parties are struggling to articulate the subtle details of an issue. That is why, when trying to diagnose a problem, logins are requested by the JA team. Experience shows that hurdles can be far quicker to overcome this way. If you cannot provide access to a live site, maybe it would be prudent to have a separate development copy setup to make it easier to help you.

Phill

zoping Friend

Hi,

I prefer "Small Biz" because almost all my clients are of that type, so I have more options to offer on design issues.

Thanks for your work

original.com Friend

solidres hub portal for a winter regional place

B.T.

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)

This topic contains 101 replies, has 87 voices, and was last updated by  original.com 6 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum