Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

During the last week, some of the concerned is raised about the new member JA Developer so I think we should make an official annoucement.

The JA Developer account is a co-account of some JA Developers who will work in rotation to provide support for Club Members. This account is accessed by JA Staff and you can give admin and hosting information to get supported.

bennitos Friend

think thats a really good thing, so the developers have better insight in the most common problems so that they can fixed in template updates and to raise the support in general.

But like scotty already mentioned best to give him some official forum rank so that everyone on the forum can see who they are dealing with (even if they didnt read this topic).

shertmann Friend

i said as bennitos that is a good think to know

questbg Friend

Well done Hung Dinh. I see JA Developer has already fixed some problem! Good Job.

Michael Casha Friend

I hope this helps:

JA Developer

JoomlArt Support Member

mj1256 Friend

welcome JA Developer or is that JA Developers

SP Media Friend

It’s pretty good to have people who are willing to help, I’ve a huge learning curve ahead. Quite pleasant to see that we’ve got the support there waiting. 🙂

sunrise Friend

<em>@spmedia 96674 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s pretty good to have people who are willing to help, I’ve a huge learning curve ahead. Quite pleasant to see that we’ve got the support there waiting. :)</blockquote>
    There sure are a lot of things to learn and as with so many other things, the more you know, the more you know you don’t know. I for one am also very thankful for the Ja Developer(s) and the help they give. Thanks a lot.

anisjolly Friend

Welcome to all the devs.

Was thinking whether someone was claiming to be a JA Dev but then thought hang on – he’s got more credits than me! how can that happen so quickly – i’ve only been gone for like3 months or so.

😀

harleydavidsons Friend

Welcome to all the devs.
    I am new here.

mfcphil Friend

More the merrier 😉

SP Media Friend

Welcome to JA Harley. 🙂

cgc0202 Friend

In the past, it was mainly Menalto and Hainn who has helped me with some of the difficulties with using the Teline II template, the only Joomlart template I use for all my sites (after I moved from the previous I joined Joomlart — the original Teline). I have corresponded in private with Hung, MICCAS and McPhil.

Otherwise, many of the technical support I posted were helped resolved by members, like Scotty, Phil or past projects in collaboration with Chris.

I have dealt mainly with one JA Developer, whose photo is shown here

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja_mageia-kit-can-be-opened-ja-teline-ii-does-not/

who managed to solve a problem that bedeviled me (the subject of several threads) for more than a year — the creation of horizontal Hot Topics modules with different sizes. He has been prompt also in responding to some of my own threads.

I hope though that with the move to single template per month, there will be more staff who will help and provide support in the Forums. This bargain for more technical support was one of the reasons I put forth when I helped advocate for the one-template per month.

It is perhaps one of the most controversial decisions taken by Joomlart, and perhaps has cost them dearly, in terms of a significant number of registered members not renewing their subscription. I hope to believe though that the decline in membership is partly due to the worldwide economic troubles, and that membership may bounce back again once the world economy gets better.

Cornelio

gzellers Friend

For me, it’s the lack of support. They talk a big game but it’s atrocious. I know MANY who are not renewing because of how lame their efforts are in that department.

If you expect the community to handle all support then stop setting up these insulting ‘priority’ support tickets that never get answered. The templates are okay but people need support and their designs are mere cousins of other designs nowadays. For me, it’s just not worth the hassle.

wiery Friend

I was wondering about that username. I thought it was wierd you would let it be registered. Now that I read this thread it makes sense.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  imurillo 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum