Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I’m using the Contentslider module in JA Community Plus on a Joomla 1.5.22 site and I’m having a problem with pictures not showing up in the slider when I turn all the SEF options ON in Global Configuration on my Joomla site.

I’m pulling content for the slider from categories/articles just like on the JA Community Plus demo site but unlike on the demo site I’m pulling content from a Joomla category, not a K2 category.

I have attached a file with a screen dump showing the frames for the missing pictures. The pictures have the right names in the frame but is not showing.

For testing purposes I’m using the same pictures as in the demo. I have tried looking att the Contentslider configuration on the demo site by using the Demo Builder funktion and as far as I can see I have the same settings. The documentation for JA Contentslider, provided in the JA Community Plus part of the forum, is somewhat lacking and the module settings options is not exactly the same as in my module settings. As an example setting the picture path is not an option in the demo builder contenslider module settings.

I struggled for quite som time to get the pictures working but always ended up with the red X and no picture. I then tried to turn all the SEF options OFF and voila! the pictures was there so I know it has to do with SEF but how do I solve this problem?

Is this a known problem and is there a fix for it? Something to do with .htaccess? The contentslider is a vital part of the site so I dont want to turn SEF OFF just to have contentslider working.

Another question is regarding the picture folders/picture folder path, if that by any chance is related to my problem. As I understand contentslider is generating thumbnails for the slider but I can’t figure out where contentslider puts these thumbnails. In the demo it looks like contentslider puts the thumbnails in a folder “demo” located under another folder called “resized”. Is the thumbnail folder and thumbnail generation done automatically when pulling pictures from articles or do I have to create them myself?

1. SNAG_Program-0000
    Ninja Lead Moderator

hi nakilep,

yes, surely theres some kind of problem with SEF and Contentslider, but I can not suggest anything without having access to your site, please update admin & ftp login info in your ticket:
    http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/66569

pontikoua Friend

I have the same exact problem. Joomla 1.5 SEF enabled, content slider set to display articles from categories, and then images not showing. Some pieces of worng url of the images added to the right one. When I disable SEF images are ok. Is there a fix for this ? Do I have to give my account to joomlart to check it, or is there is something I can do it with some instructions ?…
    Content slider is at this page : http://www.news.935radio.gr/ειδησεις/ελλαδα.html at content_bot position

Ninja Lead Moderator

yes ponitkoua, you can pm me admin & ftp account, I wanna check your site.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I confirm this is a bug of Contentslider2, I have informed our devs, and unfotunately for now I dont have any temporary solution for it, thus please disable it and wait for the fix, you can check the fixing progress here:
    http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECMODJACSLIDERII-14

pontikoua Friend

Hi, thanx for the info… I can’t understand for some reason I am not getting emails after posts in the threads I have subscribes…

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@pontikoua 229179 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, thanx for the info… I can’t understand for some reason I am not getting emails after posts in the threads I have subscribes…</blockquote>

Hi,

I have passed this to our dev team for instant inspection.

Thanks for the report.

Marco Pinetti Friend

Hallo, is there any solution for it now? I’m facing the same problem but cannot access the PM

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum