Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • Author

Peacock Pub Quizzes
    Ja Edenite

A big thank you goes to all those that commented about my old Fagus web site.
    Alas that has had its day and its time to move on…

This is more of a web building journal

I have decided to use the Edenite template for my new look site – keep checking back….

http://www.peacockquizzes.com/

Please take a look….Your comments as always, are more than welcome…be nice folks.

Cheers Phillip.

TomC Moderator

How has this business venture been going for you?

mfcphil Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 123722 wrote:</em><blockquote>How has this business venture been going for you?</blockquote>

Fine thanks Tom….hope you like the new site!!

TomC Moderator

I like the overall feel of the site, but I do have some constructive comments (just as a site viewer).
    Mind you, these are all meant to be constructive comments – not criticisms or negatives.

I’m not sure about the “orange” color theme. To me, it kind of feels passive rather than “jump out and grab you and pull you in.” It feels soft – rather than exciting. I’m thinking a vibrant red might work a little better.

I still think that the logo is both too small and too light – again, I’m wanting it to jump oout and grab my eye … and it just isn’t for me (yet).

Lastly, the “grey” font color choice for the menus to the left and right are a bit light (in my opinion). Might want to consider using a darker shade of grey or even black. I also think that if you could create some custom logos for some of your quiz packs, it would go a long way to attracting more interest. Remember, the internet is largely a visual medium – people want to see crisp and eye-catching graphics/pictures right off the bat. Otherwise, if it looks like it’s more text than images, most people (not all, but most) are going to be more likely to move on and find the site that appeals to their initial visual attraction.

Again, just some constructive comments you can either use/consider or not. Ultimately, you know how well your site is playing amongst visitors and.or how well your conversion rate is for purchases. If it’s working just fine to your satisfaction, then you don’t necessarily need to fix what isn’t broken.

Keep up the great work with it – Congratulations on it’s continuing success and longevity !!

🙂

Phill Moderator

Is that using J1.0?

mfcphil Friend

Tom will look at some of the constructive points

Thanks Mate!!

mfcphil Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 123766 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is that using J1.0?</blockquote>

Yes its the 1.0 version.

Not updated yet :((

Phill Moderator

Oh yes, it was you with a hosting problem. I forgot.

Still looks nice, well done.

Let’s hope your host get their act together or let you move soon.

2Patrick Friend

Wow
    A great improvement in terms of usability.
    What impresses me is the clear focus of the site -pub quizzes. Full stop
    So you provide a lot of landing pages for those who may want to consider your service and that to me is key to your objective for the site.

I think Tom has made some useful comments about color , etc .

So all in all , an impactful site , that meets its objective. Keep it up !

ShannonN Friend

While I did love the old site as Fagus had that warm feeling, this effort is a nice fresh look, congratulations and well done!

While I cannot see Tom’s responses as he’s on my ignore list 🙂 along with his mate wooha, I’ll make a few observations myself

I tend to think the menu bar is too narrow in height? the white space underneath just seems to push me away from the menu bar, mind you I have been doing work with Corona that has a nice big menu bar?

The red peacock? most peacocks I have seen are blue green and wouldn’t that compliment the menu colour better than red? maybe if red is the choice some subtle shadowing? To me it just seems too thin and not like a logo should be.

Overall the template lacks colour, way too much white, a very light sand colour for the outer parts or even a differing shade of white would add something and possibly highlight the main areas, atm I feel it’s too bright on the eyes, if you understand my meaning
    Needs ‘softening’ If a diff colour background is out of the question can you change the module text area colour?

For example the paypal colouring looks good, can you without yrs of work apply a similar bkd to Quiz Products/Picture Quizzes text areas, leaving the images on white?

Overall good work, all my comments are just observations and suggestions.
    Cheers ShannonN

mfcphil Friend

The logo is from the old site, and is the other one I have….if someone wants to make it in blue for me…..:D

and a subtle change in the background colour has made a difference

questbg Friend

Hi Phil

<em>@mfcphil 123803 wrote:</em><blockquote>The logo is from the old site, and is the other one I have….if someone wants to make it in blue for me…</blockquote>

Here you go, whack this on:

Great site again, nicely constructed. My only criticism (and this is my only criticism) would be that it’s lost a bit of the ‘pub’ feel which the old site had?

It’s like moving from the Tap Room to the Lounge lol 🙂

Cheers
    Chris

mfcphil Friend

Chris Thanks very much indeed, I have placed your logo in my folder….but we were probably doing the same thing at the same time…:eek:

You were doing that while I was knocking up a new one….Take a peek if you think its rubbish I will use yours….

Thank you again for your kind thought!!

questbg Friend

Hi Phil

Looks fine although the ‘feather’ is a wee bit blurry?

Check out
    THESE

If you fancy trying any of them, just send me the Ref No. and I’ll buy you the image as I’ve got a few credits left in my iStock account!!!

Cheers
    Chris

mfcphil Friend

Chris there are soooooooo many. No tooooooo many!!
    I would hate for you to buy one because I always change my mind.

The thing (I find) with real feathers is getting the image into a png with all the white background removed…right pain!!

I sharpened the original up a little…well removed some of the shadow

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)

This topic contains 72 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  mfcphil 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum