Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

I’m rather desperate. This happened before but a backup restore from the server solved it. Not this time. Can you direct me to a solution? Thanks.

This is the error when pulling up URL for my site.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or ‘{‘ or ‘$’ in /home/XXXXi/public_html/DOMAIN.com/libraries/joomla/utilities/simplexml.php(335) : eval()’d code on line 1

I have been away for hours. Tried to pull up site and this occurred. Only content added today, nothing else. I know it’s not a JA issue but as a favor? Please help. Thanks.

Regards,
    GeoVi

GeoVi Friend

Performed another backup restore from server and site’s working. Disregard this post. BUT if there is an issue that I need to be aware of to prevent this, I’m all ears. It’s happened twice, now. The first time on 2/18 and now a week later.

Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

Dear GeoVi!

The problem happen when the xml data have problem: it’s not well-formed or empty, corrupt. so that with module which made request to get xml data. you must to control this xml data : is the data valid ?

GeoVi Friend

<em>@tienhc 167037 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear GeoVi!

The problem happen when the xml data have problem: it’s not well-formed or empty, corrupt. so that with module which made request to get xml data. you must to control this xml data : is the data valid ?</blockquote>

I am not understanding you and this problem is happening again. What do I need to do to give you what you need?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or ‘{‘ or ‘$’ in /home/XXXX/public_html/domain.com/libraries/joomla/utilities/simplexml.php(335) : eval()’d code on line 1

It’s only happening on the homepage.

Thanks,
    Avis

Saguaros Moderator

Dear Avis!

pls kinldy give me the link to your site and the administrator account into the ticket ID #ASU-502985 and check status to “open”. I woudl like to check the issue in detail

Thanks

GeoVi Friend

<em>@tienhc 169206 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear Avis!

pls kinldy give me the link to your site and the administrator account into the ticket ID #ASU-502985 and check status to “open”. I woudl like to check the issue in detail

Thanks</blockquote>

Thank you for replying. You work for Joomlart?

I apologize for not following you. I do not have an username and password for a support ticket.
    This error has “magically” stopped and the homepage is now working again. But I know it will happen again. My listing in Google now shows that error message when the bots crawled my site. The site is here.

Regards,

Avis

Saguaros Moderator

Yes, i’m a staff of joomlart, my name is “Ha Cong Tien” who have even worked with you via Ticket #NVX-414831 🙂 i’ll check this issue in detail and give you the solution in the last post

THanks

GeoVi Friend

<em>@tienhc 169429 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes, i’m a staff of joomlart, my name is “Ha Cong Tien” who have even worked with you via Ticket #NVX-414831 🙂 i’ll check this issue in detail and give you the solution in the last post

THanks</blockquote>

I am so disenchanted with JA. I get an autoresponse for support suggesting I’d get help within at least 24-48 hours. That help comes 4-5 days later with no solution. That’s sad. I’m like others, at your mercy.

Whatever you do, whenever you get around to it. Thanks for even bothering.

Regards,
    Avis

Saguaros Moderator

Dear Avis

Pls open the file http://www.providentialcoaching.com/templates/ja_halite/js/ja.script.js and find codes

//Call noconflict if detect jquery
    //Apply jquery.noConflict if jquery is enabled
    if(typeof(jQuery) != “undefined” && $===jQuery)
    {
    jQuery.noConflict();
    }
    }

pls replace:

if (jQuery && jQuery.noConflict) jQuery.noConflict();

i’ll continue check this issue on your site after you fixed

GeoVi Friend

<em>@tienhc 169434 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear Avis

Pls open the file http://www.providentialcoaching.com/templates/ja_halite/js/ja.script.js and find codes

if(typeof(jQuery) != “undefined” && $===jQuery)
    {
    jQuery.noConflict();
    }
    }

pls replace:

i’ll continue check this issue on your site after you fixed</blockquote>

Thank you.

What am I replacing it with, please? I sent you a DM with site access info.

Thanks.

Saguaros Moderator

Dear Avis!

Pls open the file /templates/ja_halite/js/ja.script.js and find codes at line 16 to 20 as following:

if(typeof(jQuery) != "undefined" && $===jQuery)
    {
    jQuery.noConflict();
    }
    }

You ‘ll replace them by ;

Thanks

GeoVi Friend

<em>@tienhc 169438 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear Avis!

Pls open the file /templates/ja_halite/js/ja.script.js and find codes at line 16 to 20 as following:

if(typeof(jQuery) != "undefined" && $===jQuery)
    {
    jQuery.noConflict();
    }
    }

You ‘ll replace them by ;

Thanks</blockquote>

Ok, I’ve done that and uploaded the file.

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Dear Avis!

Question about your issue:
    <blockquote>Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or ‘{‘ or ‘$’ in /home/XXXXi/public_html/DOMAIN.com/libraries/joomla/utilities/simplexml.php(335) : eval()’d code on line 1</blockquote>

My answer:
    <blockquote>
    The problem happen when the xml data have problem: it’s not well-formed or empty, corrupt. so that with module which made request to get xml data. you must to control this xml data : is the data valid ?
    </blockquote>

I checked your site very carefully and i guess that :
    The problem is from the JA Twitter module because only this module create the request to the Twitter service and get data from the service to display content into the module:

You can see the API’s Twitter
    http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-API-Documentation

The Twitter’s response is a xml format and the module called the JSimpleXML class of Joomla to parser this data response. If the Internet is slowly cause the connection breaking between your server with the twitter service or anything else, then the response data is corrupt and The problem will be happen as you saw.

GeoVi Friend

<em>@tienhc 169450 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear Avis!

Question about your issue:

My answer:

I checked your site very carefully and i guess that :
    The problem is from the JA Twitter module because only this module create the request to the Twitter service and get data from the service to display content into the module:

You can see the API’s Twitter
    http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-API-Documentation

The Twitter’s response is a xml format and the module called the JSimpleXML class of Joomla to parser this data response. If the Internet is slowly cause the connection breaking between your server with the twitter service or anything else, then the response data is corrupt and The problem will be happen as you saw.</blockquote>

Hi,

Thank you for your time. Should I uninstall it and not use it so that this error will not happen again?

Saguaros Moderator

Yes, i make sure that the error wont happen again if you have not any modules same the ja twitter module ( same in the request making ) display on your site

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum