Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Re. http://www.cascinoservices.com

1. How do I remove grayscale from the images under ‘our featured projects?’
    2. Contact form does not work at all. How do I make it work?
    3. How do I change username on the contact form to say ‘Full Name?’
    4. How do I setup the option on the contact form to allow a phone number input?
    5. In mobile devices, menu selection does not advance the user to that portion of page. It is slightly off.

Please note that Joomlart and template in particular has been a major disaster of a template and has caused a strain between the customer and me because I have not been on time. Support or the forums on Joomlart have been really no help at all. I was encouraged to try Joomlart for a while over Gavick. If I do not get any support on this I will just have to eat the loss and restart with a new template. Joomlart should have never charged for this template. It was billed as simple and easy, yet it is very complex. I hope someone is willing to help on this one. Thank you to anyone who will support.

mdiscenzo Friend

<em>@rockjoom13 365651 wrote:</em><blockquote>5. In mobile devices, menu selection does not advance the user to that portion of page. It is slightly off.</blockquote>

Agreed on this one. When the viewport is below 768px wide, the links on the new pop-up menu are off by about 80px, and when the viewport is below 600px, the menu links are entirely off. I’m assuming this has to do with the math in the JS that is handling the scrolling? Either way, it’s a major problem as the site isn’t navigable in this state.

See the effects here: http://216.70.100.25/

mdiscenzo Friend

Actually, It’s dorked up in the demo on joomlart.com as well. I managed to fix the div size css problem when resizing (shrinking horizontally, then expanding horizontally) that puts a white space to the right of the page, and turns on a horizontal scroll bar. But the scrollspy.js bootstrap thingy is broken on tablet/mobile or smaller screen sizes. Something with the offset is incorrect, and I’m not sure what. Any help JA gang?

mdiscenzo Friend

So this happens when the mobile menu pops up (due to smaller screen-size) at 767px or 599px. Let me see if I can explain this:
    1. The mobile menu requires you click the menu button, to pop-up the menu.
    2. The “top” of the content page is then offset to start BELOW that menu that popped up.
    3. Therefore, clicking the menu item will scroll the page and put the anchor at the TOP of where the BOTTOM of the popup menu was.
    4. That means, if the popup menu is 200px dropped down from the TOP of your screen, the page will then scroll and stop with the anchor 200px from the top of your screen.
    5. So the offset is accounting for the menu height, even though the menu is no longer “position:fixed”.

Hopefully that makes sense? That being said, JA gang, what do we think a good work-around is?

mdiscenzo Friend

And actually, the more I look at this template, and try to mess around customizing it for my own site, the more I realize it’s just a poorly executed template. All of the bugs, inconsistencies, and flaws in coding can be clearly seen on the joomlart demo page as well.

1. There are numerous bugs (anchors, div sizes being px instead of %, responsive not setup properly, duplicate/unsupported/unnecessary CSS rules, etc.)
    2. The customization of content is incredibly in-efficient for updating regularly (Custom HTML for 80% is not sustainable for users)
    3. The difficulty to add/subtract sections, customize menus, etc.
    4. The documentation about this template is relatively thin, when compared to older, more robust templates.
    5. The included modules both have large flaws in them (API key for gmap, having to register a new API key; The popup module having a fixed pixel width means closing it or navigating on mobile is impossible, instead of setting a width % in the JS)

All in all, I was really looking forward to using this template, but upon further exploration, it’s just too flawed right now. And looking in the bug tracker for this template, there have only been a few things addressed, none of which I’ve mentioned above. It’s clear that the Quality Assurance testing on this template did not occur, other than by the developer. Using paying customers as QA testers is not sustainable. As I’ve said before.

Luna Garden Moderator

<em>@rockjoom13 365651 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    1. How do I remove grayscale from the images under ‘our featured projects?’
    </blockquote>
    Please follow this link for reference: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-do-i-disable-popup-and-grayscale/#post-484592

2. Contact form does not work at all. How do I make it work?
    </blockquote>
    Did you set Email setting in Global Configuration ?
    If yes, then what error that you got, can you give me more detail about it ?
    3. How do I change username on the contact form to say ‘Full Name?’
    </blockquote>
    If you use JA Onepage version 1.0.2 then you can easily change the username in back-end >> module Manager >> JA Quick contact >> Change value of Sender name.
    If you use older version, go to
    templatesja_onepagehtmlmod_jaquickcontactdefault.php
    find text placeholder for username, in line 31, change its value.
    4. How do I setup the option on the contact form to allow a phone number input?
    </blockquote>
    The Contact form is JA Quick Contact, and there’s no setting to add more input box.
    5. In mobile devices, menu selection does not advance the user to that portion of page. It is slightly off.
    </blockquote>
    Go to this file:
    /templates/ja_onepage/js/script.js
    add these lines:

$(window).resize(function(){
    $(document.body).scrollspy('refresh');
    });

before:

}(window.$ja || jQuery);

Then go to:
    /templates/ja_onepage/tpls/blocks/header.php
    Find:

$('html,body').animate({scrollTop: Math.max(0, $(target).offset().top - $('#ja-header').height() + 2)}, {
    change to:

$('html,body').animate({scrollTop: Math.max(0,
    $(target).offset().top
    - ((!($('html').hasClass('off-canvas') && $('.btn-navbar').is(':visible')) && $('#ja-header').css('position') == 'fixed') ? $('#ja-header').height() : 0)
    + 2)}, {

gibbshypnotherapy Friend

3. What do I change? I don’t know that coding language. Can you please give more detailed instructions? Thanks.

Luna Garden Moderator

<em>@gibbshypnotherapy 366313 wrote:</em><blockquote>3. What do I change? I don’t know that coding language. Can you please give more detailed instructions? Thanks.</blockquote>

Hello,

If you use JA Onepage version 1.0.2, go to backend >> Module manager and filter for JA Quick Contact Module, and the value of Sender Name, or other input like this: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/586/5938496827.png

If you use older version of JA Onepage, the go to file:
    templatesja_onepagehtmlmod_jaquickcontactdefault.php

and find for ‘textholder’, change it value, like this: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/586/2118613218.png

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum