Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have some more info, but it doesnt help me as i am useless with javascript.

I added a 2nd standard Joomla search module to the right sidebar-2 in my news section…

I added it WITHOUT the search button (same as the search box that I have issues with).

I tested to see if this worked, and it DIDNT WORK

I then choose to show the ‘search button’.

I then reloaded and tested….With the ‘search button’, IT WORKED!!

So, in my mind, the issue relates to the search button either not working OR it not being loaded in the first place.

If you can help with all this extra info, it would be appreciated.

austenn01 Friend

Hello,

I have some more info, but it doesnt help me as i am useless with javascript.

I added a 2nd standard Joomla search module to the right sidebar-2 in my news section…

I added it WITHOUT the search button (same as the search box that I have issues with).

I tested to see if this worked, and it DIDNT WORK

I then choose to show the ‘search button’.

I then reloaded and tested….With the ‘search button’, IT WORKED!!

So, in my mind, the issue relates to the search button either not working OR it not being loaded in the first place.

If you can help with all this extra info, it would be appreciated.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @austenn01,

In this case, please navigate to admin >>> Extensions >>> Module Manager >>> edit module Search in position head-search >>> parameter Search Button choose Yes.

Open file root_folder/templates/purity_iii/local/css/custom.css then add this code :

.head-search .search input.button {
    display: none
    }

Adam M Moderator

Hi @austenn01,

In this case, please navigate to admin >>> Extensions >>> Module Manager >>> edit module Search in position head-search >>> parameter Search Button choose Yes.

Open file root_folder/templates/purity_iii/local/css/custom.css then add this code :

}

austenn01 Friend

<em>@Adam M 471640 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @austenn01,

}

</blockquote>

Hello,

Thanks so much for the help. This did fix the issue. It however doesn’t solve the problem of why some of my sites that are all but identical work and why some of my sites don’t work. Still annoys me!

But thanks for the help, this has driven me crazy for 2 months now.

austenn01 Friend

<em>@Adam M 471640 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @austenn01,

}

</blockquote>

Hello,

Thanks so much for the help. This did fix the issue. It however doesn’t solve the problem of why some of my sites that are all but identical work and why some of my sites don’t work. Still annoys me!

But thanks for the help, this has driven me crazy for 2 months now.

austenn01 Friend

Hello,

I have gone through and looked at the code for the search box/button on the sites where this has always worked.

1) In module settings, the go button is switched off (therefore, no need for the code that tells the go button to ‘display: none;’

2) There is no code that tells the go button to ‘display: none;’

I would still like to know why this isnt working without your above fix. I believe the issue has got to be a JavaScript issue. And honestly, the more I use Joomla and other joomla extensions, it really bugs me how some developers add their own version of jquery or use mootools, or something else. It just makes so many headaches for every user out there. Joomla comes with jquery….developers out there, just use the standard jquery that comes with Joomla (oh…. and I can’t wait for mootools to be removed, but for me I use Frontend logins and editing on all the sites I manage, so I can’t remove mootools).

Adam M Moderator

Hi @austenn01,

You can see the method is to enable the search button to fix problem with search function then use CSS to hide it from the page. If you choose to disable the search button, so it won’t work.

In case you want to find the cause of your problem, try these steps :

1. Switch to default Joomla! template like Protostar and recheck, if the search didn’t work, so the problem camed from 3rd party extensions in your site.

2. Navigate to admin >>> Extensions >>> Extensions Manager >>> Manage >>> temporary 3rd party extension one-by-one to see which one is the cause of your problem.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @austenn01,

You can see the method is to enable the search button to fix problem with search function then use CSS to hide it from the page. If you choose to disable the search button, so it won’t work.

In case you want to find the cause of your problem, try these steps :

1. Switch to default Joomla! template like Protostar and recheck, if the search didn’t work, so the problem camed from 3rd party extensions in your site.

2. Navigate to admin >>> Extensions >>> Extensions Manager >>> Manage >>> temporary 3rd party extension one-by-one to see which one is the cause of your problem.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum