Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hello,

This issue only popped up recently, and I have no clue what has caused.

To be clear, I am using the Purity III template and I kept the ‘Off Canvas’ menu in the same position as it is in the standard Purity III template.

The problem is that when you click on the off canvas button/icon, it should move to the right so it stays to the right of the off canvas vertical column, but instead, it stays in the same position and sits on top of the off canvas menu.

screen shot attached

and here is the website:

http://www.agbiz.com.au

Thanks,

1. agribusiness-issue
    Adam M Moderator

I have checked your site and see that the problem comes from a js called Jquery Hover All, could you please check again?

austenn01 Friend

<em>@Adam M 432096 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have checked your site and see that the problem comes from a js called Jquery Hover All, could you please check again?</blockquote>

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, but this DOESNT fix the issue. I have removed the hoveralls.js and hoveralls.css, and the issue is still present.

Please advise.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

1. I still see the HoverAlls.js file which causes JS conflict in your site, please see attachment screenshot s1.png.

2. I took a closer look at your code and see that you modified the template layout. Please see attachment screenshot s2.png, you will find that in demo site, the off-canvas menu stay side-by-side with the content part while it’s not in your site as shown in s3.png.

1. s1
    2. s2
    3. s3
    austenn01 Friend

<em>@Adam M 434889 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

1. I still see the HoverAlls.js file which causes JS conflict in your site, please see attachment screenshot s1.png.

2. I took a closer look at your code and see that you modified the template layout. Please see attachment screenshot s2.png, you will find that in demo site, the off-canvas menu stay side-by-side with the content part while it’s not in your site as shown in s3.png.</blockquote>

Let me start by saying that this problem is NOT FIXED.

secondly, thanks for the help Adam, but you clearly dont know about some of the basic settings of T3. Regarding your point No.2 In the backend admin of T3 BS3 template, there are many options for how the site will look once you have enabled the off-canvas menu..its nothing that ‘I’ have modified, its simply a drop down selection that JoomlArt offers as part of the standard T3 Package. I have attached a screen shot for your reference of this T3 feature….

Hoveralls is NOT being loaded…and the issue is still there…..I have since added some CSS code to make the off canvas menu icon move to the right, but this is not how this feature was intended to be used…EG: click the off canvas menu icon….then click it again to close…Notice how it stays in the same place until you left click your mouse anywhere on the website. AGAIN, i added this with CSS code to at least make it look better, but this definitely seems like a javascript issue.

Please advise if anyone can help??

1. off-canvas-effect-options
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @austenn01,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, please let me clarify a few points so you can have better understanding about what I mean :

1. First, we need to make sure that there’s no JS conflict in your site as it might affect other scripts. As you might know, whenever there’s a JS conflict, all other scripts after break point might not work properly.

In addition, the hover effect which can be accessed via template setting page won’t affect this part as it only change the effect, not change the HTML code. If you take a look at the screenshot I provided in previous post, you will see the HTML code is different.

2. Due to my description in point 1, you might modified the code or even in your article, you didn’t close the div properly (or in any module), it will lead to this problem.

Please also provide a temporary FTP account via private reply so I can take a closer look at this matter and investigate the problem for you.

austenn01 Friend

<em>@Adam M 468039 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @austenn01,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, please let me clarify a few points so you can have better understanding about what I mean :

1. First, we need to make sure that there’s no JS conflict in your site as it might affect other scripts. As you might know, whenever there’s a JS conflict, all other scripts after break point might not work properly.

In addition, the hover effect which can be accessed via template setting page won’t affect this part as it only change the effect, not change the HTML code. If you take a look at the screenshot I provided in previous post, you will see the HTML code is different.

2. Due to my description in point 1, you might modified the code or even in your article, you didn’t close the div properly (or in any module), it will lead to this problem.

Please also provide a temporary FTP account via private reply so I can take a closer look at this matter and investigate the problem for you.</blockquote>

Hello Adam,

As you can see when you go to my website, the template is slightly different (IE: i added a top menu right), so this may explain why your first screen shot is a little different.

Attached is a screen shot of the javascript error console, there is only one error, but i can’t find any info on the error. I have also tried using jQuery Easy, but this just created many more js errors.

I also need to note that the ‘search’ is not working either.

ill send some logins via PM shortly, this has driven me crazy for to long…

1. js-error
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @austenn01,

I just login to your site, navigate to Components >>> K2 >>> Parameters >>> in jQuery library handling >>> choose Load v1.11.0 (local copy) and it works fine now.

About the problem with Off-Canvas, please provide a temporary FTP account via private reply, I will fix it for you.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @austenn01,

I just login to your site, navigate to Components >>> K2 >>> Parameters >>> in jQuery library handling >>> choose Load v1.11.0 (local copy) and it works fine now.

About the problem with Off-Canvas, please provide a temporary FTP account via private reply, I will fix it for you.

austenn01 Friend

<em>@Adam M 470750 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @austenn01,

About the problem with Off-Canvas, please provide a temporary FTP account via private reply, I will fix it for you.</blockquote>

Hello,

I PM’d the ftp details yesterday.

Regarding the search issue..I had already tried enabling that jquery version in K2 parameters, and it didnt work. Also, I just went to the front end of the site, and the search still doesnt work. So not sure why it worked for u?

Thanks,

John

austenn01 Friend

<em>@Adam M 470750 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @austenn01,

About the problem with Off-Canvas, please provide a temporary FTP account via private reply, I will fix it for you.</blockquote>

Hello,

I PM’d the ftp details yesterday.

Regarding the search issue..I had already tried enabling that jquery version in K2 parameters, and it didnt work. Also, I just went to the front end of the site, and the search still doesnt work. So not sure why it worked for u?

Thanks,

John

Adam M Moderator

Hi @austenn01,

Actually I mean the JS script problem. About the Off-Canvas, please open file /public_html/templates/purity_iii/tpls/blocks/top-menu.php and remove the last closing div (it’s </div>)

I tried to switch the template for home page to Protostar (default template) then show Search module there but it didn’t work too. In this case, you might want to check for any 3rd party extension that might conflict with default search function. More detail can be found here.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @austenn01,

Actually I mean the JS script problem. About the Off-Canvas, please open file /public_html/templates/purity_iii/tpls/blocks/top-menu.php and remove the last closing div (it’s </div>)

I tried to switch the template for home page to Protostar (default template) then show Search module there but it didn’t work too. In this case, you might want to check for any 3rd party extension that might conflict with default search function. More detail can be found here.

austenn01 Friend

<em>@Adam M 471250 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @austenn01,

I tried to switch the template for home page to Protostar (default template) then show Search module there but it didn’t work too. In this case, you might want to check for any 3rd party extension that might conflict with default search function. More detail can be found here.</blockquote>

Thanks for the suggestion..I will try it, but i think we are missing one big point here with the search..I use the SAME template (IE: i take an Akeeba Backup file of the latest version of one of these magazine sites, then I transfer and recreate the backup file on a new domain name, and then change the logo, colors, text to suit the new magazines website that I am creating). I never need to update or change any of the ‘blocks’, like the block you said had an extra closing Div..so this would be the same across every magazine site (there are 5 of these sites). Some of the sites work, some do not.

Its all very very strange.

EDIT: Yes removing the last closing </div> fixed the off-canvas button issue. Little errors like this really shit me, so simple, yet so annoying. Now the search needs to be solved…:(

austenn01 Friend

Helllo,

Ok, here is some info that might help you to help me.

I went to one of my copy sites where the Search is working and I went copied the entire ‘page source’ in firefox, I then opened a tab in Notepad ++ and pasted all the text.

I then went to one of my copy sites where the Search ISNT working and I went copied the entire ‘page source’ in firefox, I then opened a tab in Notepad ++ and pasted all the text.

Then, in Notsepad ++ I used the ‘compare’ plugin to compare the 2 files to look for differences.

Below are the most noticable differences from what is being loaded in the <head>

1) The site that is working is loading: <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”/media/system/css/modal.css” type=”text/css” /> BUT the site that ISN’T working does not load this.

2) This is not being loaded in the site that DOESN’t work:

<script type=”text/javascript”>

jQuery(function($) {
    SqueezeBox.initialize({});
    SqueezeBox.assign($(‘a.modal’).get(), {
    parse: ‘rel’
    });
    });
    function jModalClose() {
    SqueezeBox.close();
    }

I have attached a screen shot of the compare area that shows the 2 instances listed above.

Tab on LEFT = Site where Search is NOT working

Tab on RIGHT = Site where the Search is working

EDIT:

I have also just noticed a difference in the code in source view of the actual search area, please see below:

Site that Search DOES WORK:

<form class="form-search" action="/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=9&Itemid=435&lang=en-AU" method="post">
    <div class="search">
    <label for="mod-search-searchword">Search...</label><i class="fa fa-search"></i><input name="searchword" id="mod-search-searchword" maxlength="200" class="form-control " type="text" size="20" /> <input type="hidden" name="task" value="search" />
    <input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_search" />
    <input type="hidden" name="Itemid" value="924" />
    </div>

</form>

Site that Search DOESNT WORK:

<form class="form-search" action="/" method="post">
    <div class="search">
    <label for="mod-search-searchword">Search...</label><i class="fa fa-search"></i><input name="searchword" id="mod-search-searchword" maxlength="200" class="form-control " type="text" size="20" /> <input type="hidden" name="task" value="search" />
    <input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_search" />
    <input type="hidden" name="Itemid" value="924" />
    </div>
    <input type="text" name="2d9ab1bc26a3bdad9a30b9157bcd7456" value="" style="float: left; position: absolute; z-index: 1000000; left: -10000px; top: -10000px;" /></form>

Notice the ‘action’ in first line. I can also see the Last line is different. Could these 2 be the issues?

1. compare-copy-sites
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum