Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Hi –

After installing the template quickstart, I noticed that the logon module in the top position is core Joomla’s alternate login module. But since we have community builder installed, we need to be using the CB-Login Module don’t we? According to the CB documentation, ” IMPORTANT if you use the core Joomla … module the users will become out of sync with community builder.

When I tried to use the CB-Login Module in the top position there are format problems.

.. Scott

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    if you use CB login, you must edit format by your seft, edit mod_cblogin.php(modules/mod_cblogin folder)

malestorm Friend

Hello Again,

I am sorry to disagree with your comment. For Community Builder to function correctly over time, an installation must use CB_Login module instead of the core Joomla login module.

The JA Sanidine Quickstart package uses the core joomla login module, so eventually every person who builds a production website with the quickstart package will have users out of sync with Community Builder. Even though initially the quickstart installs and looks to work fine, leaving the quickstart package as is will result in problems for customers.

Further evidence of this problem is the Joomlart demo site itself. If you go to the Sanidine demo and try to register, you will find that even though you get a registration email from Joomla, the Community Builder component is not aware you have registered, so you cannot update of even find your profile.

The quickstart should be re-packaged to use the correct login module – CB_Login.

.. Scott

mj1256 Friend

How about it mods, is he right, did you install CB in the QS without the CB login mod

reachthesky Friend

I think Scott is right, you most have cb login rather than joomla’s core is in it?

VisiGod Friend

That’s absolutely true.
    Except that, the quickstart uses an outdated version of CB. Does the template for CB work with the current version – 1.2 RC3?

mj1256 Friend

i knew he was right, i wanted JA to step up

the quickstart does not have the right login mod for CB

it does not have the forum integrated into cb, see my previous posts on this

and as for the latest version, JA is right in not having that as its still unstable and a RC status. RC stands for Release Candidate, so it is still beta.

JA, if you going to have a quickstart of a community site with CB, at least do the integration and install the right login mod.

malestorm Friend

I am sort of surprised that JA has not commented yet on this thread addressing the real issue. This is a problem that will have real consequences for anyone trying to use the quickstart package and seems like a major flaw in the design of the template.

I am adding this comment to bump it up to their attention.

toweroak Friend

Hey guys, I have your solution. Goto Extensions in the joomla directory and install the plugin ‘Registration Redirector’. Which is a CB-addon. It automatically forces all registration attempts, even the one in the top login bar, to the CB registration/lost password/lost username.

Hope this helps!
    Rob

kurdapya Friend

Hi guys. I’m new here and having this problem too.. i’m about to edit “mod_cblogin.php(modules/mod_cblogin folder)” .. because I cant find “Registration Redirector” :confused:
    it isnt in my plugin list

regards!!!

VisiGod Friend

<em>@kurdapya 88645 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi guys. I’m new here and having this problem too.. i’m about to edit “mod_cblogin.php(modules/mod_cblogin folder)” .. because I cant find “Registration Redirector” :confused:
    it isnt in my plugin list

regards!!!</blockquote>

Here you are:
    http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,5191/Itemid,35/

mj1256 Friend

it does not work for 1.0.x series of joomla, any other suggestions

and there are many postings on their forum about it having issues

VisiGod Friend

<em>@mj1256 88668 wrote:</em><blockquote>it does not work for 1.0.x series of joomla, any other suggestions

and there are many postings on their forum about it having issues</blockquote>

For 1.0 – No.
    However, I have no idea why you would start a new site with 1.0?!?

toweroak Friend

The ‘registration redirect’ is called ‘Force CB Registration and Password’.

You can get it at http://www.drchost.com, but you have to register. Ive tried it and it works perfectly on Sanidine II and I.

Hope this helps!!

malestorm Friend

I have been working with Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.2 sm3.

The Registration Redirect does work for this CB version. However, since there now seems to be a problem with support for this plugin, I would hope that Sanidine could be re-packaged correctly.

Most things seem to be working fine with Sanidine and CB 1.2 sm3. I have noticed some formatting issues the Sanidine CB plug-in. For example, in registration there are no icons for require/shown in profile/information. At this point you should select “Dark” as your user plugin template (in the CB admin user tab) instead of Sanidine.

If you want to work with CB 1.2 sm3, please also be aware that that CB Gallery has not yet been upgraded.

.. Scott

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

This topic contains 47 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  jamjodesign 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum