Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I joined this club a while ago, because you were one of the very few (at the time, at least) who produced RTL based templates.

This worked fine until shortly ago in which you stopped producing new RTL based templates. This is a major disappoint for me and for the rest of the RTL language speaker community.

My question is: Are you going to do something about it? Are you going to add an RTL version to the newly released templates, in specific to JA Nex?

Thanks,

Tamirzzz

TomC Moderator

This actually seems quite odd to me – as it was my understanding that RTL language support is a CORE FEATURE of J1.7 – as well as an element that can be configured within J1.5 based sites.

:confused:

Throwing this discussion out to my fellow Support Team Members for further thoughts/comments . . .

Blaine Friend

Most of our templates support RTL and you can check that on our demo server, just select RTL from CPANEL option and you will find out your self that JA templates do support RTL ( specially those based on JA T3 framework! )

tamirzzz Friend

Hi,

This I know. Could you please read my post again before replying? Could you please note the following sentence :”<blockquote>This worked fine until shortly ago in which you stopped producing new RTL based templates. This is a major disappoint for me and for the rest of the RTL language speaker community</blockquote>.”

Thanks,

Tamir

TomC Moderator

<em>@tamirzzz 292198 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

This I know. Could you please read my post again before replying? Could you please note the following sentence :”.”
    Thanks,
    Tamir</blockquote>
    Okay, c’mon Tamir – Let’s not start to get condescending.

Blaine was simply advising that most (if not all) Joomla based templates support RTL languages – especially those based on J1.7+. As I mentioned previously, I am following up with our JA Dev Team to investigate this issue with JA NEX. It may take a few additional days than normal as it’s a Holiday weekend. Appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Here’s to an exciting and prosperous 2012 !!!

😎

tamirzzz Friend

Tom and Blaire,

Thank you very much for your help.

However, my claim should be rephrased: using the JA framework you were able to produce wonderfull templates that support RTL languges. For unknown reason, your new templates stopped supporting RTL languages, to be specific:

http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/ja-tiris

http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/ja-kranos

http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/ja-nex

In other words: the last time you produced an RTL supported language, was Oct 2011, and I was wondering why :-*

Sorry if I sounded rude early before, for the sake of the new year let`s attribute it to cross-cultural misunderstanding 🙂

All the best,

Tamir

TomC Moderator

Tamir:

While we work with our JA Dev Team to investigate this issue, here is a resource you can check out in the meantime that may assist you –> http://docs.joomla.org/Language_Switcher_Tutorial_for_Joomla_1.6

NOTE:
    Although the link indicates Joomla 1.6 – the principles remain the same for J1.7 sites.
    (It seems the Joomla Wiki folks just need to update the Wiki)

tamirzzz Friend

Tom,

Thank you for the link. It is not applicable to my situation, since I am using version 1.5.

I used all my detective skills and figured out why JA stopped producing RTL templates, despite it`s framework supports it. :laugh:

Let me give you a hint: The 11th letter in the Alphabet :((

Tamir

TomC Moderator
    tamirzzz Friend

Thanks, but the links are not applicable to the situation, since it is stated in JA site, that the templates do not support RTL :laugh:

TomC Moderator

<em>@tamirzzz 292482 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks, but the links are not applicable to the situation, since it is stated in JA site, that the templates do not support RTL :laugh:</blockquote>
    Have you explored through the template files themselves, though – to see if you might be able to configure yourself ??

tamirzzz Friend

Yes, Of course.

Have you managed to solve the riddle I asked you before? (11 letter in the alphabet)

TomC Moderator

<em>@tamirzzz 292680 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Have you managed to solve the riddle I asked you before? (11 letter in the alphabet)</blockquote>
    Ummm … the 11th letter in the alphabet is “K” – and? :confused:

tamirzzz Friend

Did you speak with the DEV team at JA? it will all make sense…:laugh:

Blaine Friend

I believe he is talking about k=function Tom.
    Is that right tamirzz?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tamirzzz 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum