Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

For more than 2 weeks now I am trying to install the JA_Blazes template (Joomla 3.x) using the quickstart file. The problem is always the same: The installation procedure does not finish, it always returns to step 3. I have read a lot of articles about the problem but no suggestion helped. Any idea?

1. no_quickstart
    jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Have you checked your ajax response ?
    If you cant work on it please provide your cpanel access. I will help you work on it
    Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    May i know your PHP version.
    Our quickstart is based on Joomla! 3.1 that would have errors with PHP 5.4 and higher.
    You can turn off PHP display_errors to bypass it if needed.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

teutobahiano Friend

PHP Version: 5.3.29

teutobahiano Friend

PHP Version: 5.3.29

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    It should be some error with your ajax. Have you tried to check that ?
    Or please provide your site CPanel access. I’ll help you work on it.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    It should be some error with your ajax. Have you tried to check that ?
    Or please provide your site CPanel access. I’ll help you work on it.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Phill Moderator

I would also like to ask if you have tried installing the standard Joomla 3 package? By this I mean going to joomla.org and downloading Joomla 3.x then installing that? I am aware directnic have a one click Joomla install from the back end but it is my understanding it is heavily modified to fit their hosting.

If you can install Joomla 3 using the method outlined above then it may be easier to create an akeeba backup of the quickstart and send you that to install as it may get around some of your hosting limitations.

Phill Moderator

I would also like to ask if you have tried installing the standard Joomla 3 package? By this I mean going to joomla.org and downloading Joomla 3.x then installing that? I am aware directnic have a one click Joomla install from the back end but it is my understanding it is heavily modified to fit their hosting.

If you can install Joomla 3 using the method outlined above then it may be easier to create an akeeba backup of the quickstart and send you that to install as it may get around some of your hosting limitations.

teutobahiano Friend

Hi Phill,

Following your suggestion I installed the standard Joomla 3 package without problems. Result

Step 2: When trying to run the quickstart file on a local machine (with Xampp), the quickstart installation process already hangs on the first (configuration) step. So, business as usual: Once again no quick start. What I expected was: I download/upload the quickstart file, create the database, execute the install procedure and begin placing the content. But this seems to be an impossible mission. Question: Is this template only for Harvard degree holders?

teutobahiano Friend

Hi Phill,

Following your suggestion I installed the standard Joomla 3 package without problems. Result

Step 2: When trying to run the quickstart file on a local machine (with Xampp), the quickstart installation process already hangs on the first (configuration) step. So, business as usual: Once again no quick start. What I expected was: I download/upload the quickstart file, create the database, execute the install procedure and begin placing the content. But this seems to be an impossible mission. Question: Is this template only for Harvard degree holders?

Phill Moderator

I have just tested the quickstart on my own local WAMP install and am suffering similar problems. It seems there is an issues which I will pass back to the devs to see if they can re-create the quickstart.

teutobahiano Friend

Oh happy day! 🙂

pavit Moderator

<em>@teutobahiano 477462 wrote:</em><blockquote>Oh happy day! :)</blockquote>

Hi

Only a to add a note to this thread

I downloaded the Ja Blazes quickstart for Joomla 3.1 and installed on my localhost with xampp 1.8.2 ( php ver 5.4.27 )
    and it worked fine installing sample data

To make another test i copied on my dev host it and tried to install on a php ver 5.4.40

launched quickstart installation and it completed the installation in the correct way

HERE the test site .

I think that as already requested by @jooservice you should give him your CPanel access so he can verify directly on it

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # At first i’m sorry delayed this topic. I have heavy internet connection issue here, that slowed all of my works
    # About this quickstart
    — It’s based on Joomla! 3.1 . It’s one of older version and already EOL.
    — About your issue, just wonder what have you received in ajax respons ? If you have issue with preg_replace please check this commit

http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=31197

— To prevent ajax broken you can apply this modify
    <blockquote>While taking a closer look we see the following file:

jmla/installation/application/framework.php

It starts with

error_reporting(E_ALL);
    ini_set(‘display_errors’, true);</blockquote>
    # I have tried to access your CPanel but your information is not valid. Please help me check it at your side.
    After got access. I’ll help you install this quickstart.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

1. 2015-06-11_9-26-50
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  teutobahiano 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum