Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I have installed the Quickstart of JA Appolio based on Joomla 3.3.0 and have modified the content and modules with content as per our needs.
    All was fine and the modules were correctly displayed on the homepage with position “parallax”.

Then I went to JA Appolio Setup on Template Manager and modified the Megamenu Configuration on tab Navigation and added site Name and Slogan on tab “Theme” and saved all changes.

Since this time all my modules under position “parallax” completely disappeared from homepage.
    I checked in module manager and the position is still same as well as the status (still published) and the menu assignment under “home”.

Only the modules “footer”, “off-canvas” and the main menu (meagmenu) are visible.

I have no idea what change / action has introduced this issue and the fact that all published modules on parallax
    have been removed from homepage.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi mberwing
    The template is not compatible with joomla 3.3 at this time .
    please install the quickstart package of joomla 3.2

1. Download-JA-Appolio-JATC-Club-Templates-JoomlArt-Forums
    mberwing Friend

Hi there,
    but why did the template worked fine before ?
    I was using Joomla 3.3.0 from the very beginning and all modules were correctly displayed with JA Appolio for last couple of weeks when I upgraded from 3.2.x to 3.3.
    Only today when I simply added site Name and Slogan on tab “Theme” and saved all changes, then all modules disappeared from page.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Please revert the changes . it will effect the system calls .
    follow this userguide to change the names of the template

mberwing Friend

I have installed the new JA Appolio version 1.1.0 that supports Joomla 3.3.0 as per the blog
    http://www.joomlart.com/blog/news-updates/6-joomla-templates-are-joomla-3-3-ready-and-our-joomla-3-3-roadmap?utm_source=Get+up+to+date+with+the+latest+news+from+JoomlArt&utm_campaign=e297b07798-Joomla_3_3_roadmap_blog_update5_23_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5d49c13138-e297b07798-28845289

But the problem is still the same.

I have started from scratch from one of my last backups before issue occured and have now been able to narrow down the issue with the modules.

The issue is linked to multilanguage.
    As soon as I set the homepage for every individual language in the main menu, then all modules on the homepage completely
    disappear.
    The configuration of the multilanguage is as per official instruction: http://docs.joomla.org/Language_Switcher_Tutorial_for_Joomla_1.6

Doesn’t matter on whether I keep the language to “ALL” or switch to the default language english, there is no change and modules
    on position parallax are not visible.
    When I remove homepages on main menu for the defined languages, then all is back to normal and modules are all back.

I am completely stucked now as I cannot use required multilanguage at this moment.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello @mberwing
    its sad to hear this from you.
    but if you want to use the multilanguage system you need to create new menu and styles for each languages .
    this is the normal steps to use it .
    if you feel any problem ,share it on forum , we are happy to help you

mberwing Friend

I have followed the instructions for the multilanguage option and created menus and associated modules for all languages.
    For this I have chosen the Main menu that is on position “off-canvas” because “Home” must be a component or a module.
    I have renamed “main menu” to “main menu ALL” as per instructions and created four new main menus and modules for the four languages I need.

All worked fine and then I have assigned the languages for the menus to all “Homes”.

With this action all modules under position “parallax”, “video” disappeared as well as the default “Bonus Menu”

When I remove the language flags for Home then all modules and “Bonus Menu” are back.

In your last reply you asked me to create for every single module a language version but I do not understand
    this because it is not consistent with the behaviour.

Reason:

When I navigate to the homepage I can still see all modules that are on position “search” (Module Search), “footer” (Module Footer), “social” Module Social), “action” (module Login).
    Only the modules on parallax are not there.

I have not created languages modules for search, footer, social and login – but when I switch to the different languages then all modules search, footer and login are automatically translated while they all have the language set to “ALL”.

Therefore I would expect to still seeing all my modules under position “parallax” as they also have the language set to “ALL” and no need for translation.

Just for a test I have followed your advice and picked one module from position “parallax” and created four modules per language and renamed main one to all with language set to “ALL” – but no difference and module does not appear.
    So your instruction does not work.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI can you unblocked my location so i can check your sites .
    i am not able to access your site backend
    Also forwarding this issue to the development team for fast solution

1. 403-Access-Forbidden
    mberwing Friend

Hello Pankajsharma,

thanks a lot for the very fast reply…..

I have unblocked your location on our firewall now and you should be able to login as admin with the provided credentials

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

@mberwing I checked your site and i found that you are using a single style (template style) for all of your menus .
    you are using default template for in your all Home page (bonus) menus.

And the Parallax position is not present in the style JA Appoloio-default .
    It is present in the in the JA_Appolio – Home Page template style .
    Also in one template style you can assign one bonus menu .

So you need to create multiple style for each language .

I also checked there is no layout present in the layout options in template manager
    did you changed anything in the code for layout ???
    if you changed revert the changes and apply above methods that i mentioned .
    Let me know if it helps

1. Hotel-Can-Jou-Horse-Riding-and-more-...-Administration-Menu-Manager-Edit-Menu-Item
    2. Hotel-Can-Jou-Horse-Riding-and-more-...-Administration-Template-Manager-Edit-Style
    mberwing Friend

Hello,

thanks a lot for this great support.

I have indeed not created individual styles per language and under tab Layout I had under Position & Responsive Configuration
    the value “default” instead of “home-1” that is for parallax.
    But this was not obvious / clear to me as home-1 has no information.

Where is home-1 exactly defined ?

Furthermore I have not realized that under the menu item home in the menu there was not correct template style assigned.

I think this information should all be pasted in the documentation “http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-faqs/language-issues#multilingual-setup” as it would help everyone.

Therefore you can consider my problem as solved.
    Thanks again !!!!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@mberwing 429136 wrote:</em><blockquote>Where is home-1 exactly defined ?</blockquote>
    Home is the template style that is assigned on the JA_Appolio – Home Page template .
    follow this link of template configuration
    see the attachment

1. Joomla-Administration-Template-Manager-Edit-Style
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum