Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Is it possible to use the very nice “News Featured” ACM style from Charity template in Uber template ? That would be awesome :laugh: !

Paul

Adam M Moderator

Hi @polo974,

You can try copy folder templatesja_charityacmnews-featured and paste in appropriate folder of Uber then check to see if it works or not.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @polo974,

You can try copy folder templatesja_charityacmnews-featured and paste in appropriate folder of Uber then check to see if it works or not.

polo974 Friend

Hi Adam,

i’ve done that already and it’s not working. I’ve tried with “debug : developement”, and it said to me that I needed plugin Plugin Ajax JA Content Type and Plugin JA Content Type and helper.php etc… I installed all of what was needed (sorry for my english :-[)

It worked in back end but not in front end… That’s so bad because ACM “News Featured : carousel” was a very very good feature for uber (IMOO) I think. I don’t know why but when I’m using uber I want to expand it as far as I can because it’s so easy to customize, and you have done some good documentation….

I’ve been working with joomla for 3 years (and I’m not a developper, I just know html and css) and really T3-framework and joomlart stuff are the best ones for a little custom or a big developpement stuff…

Adam M Moderator

Hi @polo974,

Actually this style is built for JA Charity so I don’t guarantee that it will work with Uber. But if you want to give it a try, could you please let me know the problem you got so I can assist you better ?

polo974 Friend

Sure,

I’ve copied helper.php and helper.content.php in uber template folder and installed ajax_jacontenttype and system_jacontenttype because those files seemed needed.

You can see there

http://polymetis.fr/gmpca/

It’s the third block on the page (“articles en vedette”).

I’ve chosen to display my featured articles only, but nothing appears…

Adam M Moderator

Hi @polo974,

Could you please provide a temporary admin account via private reply so I can take a closer look at your settings ?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @polo974,

Could you please provide a temporary admin account via private reply so I can take a closer look at your settings ?

polo974 Friend

Hi there,

I’ve sent you the admin account. Did you have a look at it ?

Best,

Paul

polo974 Friend

Hi there,

I’ve sent you the admin account. Did you have a look at it ?

Best,

Paul

Adam M Moderator

Hi @polo974,

Thanks for the info, please try to copy over folder templatesja_charityhtmllayoutsjoomlacontentintro from JA Charity to Uber as well.

polo974 Friend

Hi @adam M,

Thanks for the information. it had to copy all templatesja_charityhtmllayoutsjoomlacontent files, but it worked eventually.

Even if the result looks quite buggy (if I put more than 80 caracters in “intro text” field, all the footer disapear etc…), I think I can do something with it !

Thx !

baud Friend

I followed all your steps, also copied the corresponding css-styles from the charity template into my custom.css but it still looks nothing like it is supposed to be. any further hints?

hebel30.hebel-gymnasium-loerrach.de (right under the slideshow)

Adam M Moderator

Hi @polo974, @baud :

Please make sure to include the Owl Carousel script here templatesja_charityjsowl-carousel as well.

baud Friend

I’ve already copied the entire folder. Do I need to load the script into the head section?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum