Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

I usually don’t change my site design at the drop of a hat but I really like the JA Cooper theme and just had to have it.
    I only changed a few things to get it working and to make fiction-reading on the site a bit less hard on the eyes for visitors to the site.

It’s a Science Fiction/Fantasy writer’s site.
    Link: http://www.tonyamoore.com

As always, suggestions for improvement appreciated. πŸ™‚

Aratype Friend

Wow, excellent!

I like this, colors, distribution and this amazing “Popular Keywords”…

If I have something to say it would be that we find a page indication twice in every section (Home in the top of the page and Home in the menu for ex.). I propose to drop the upper one as no need for it.

All the best

Ara

hdanh00 Friend

You mean the Breadcrumbs at the very-top right?

I’ve been going back and forth about keeping that too.

questbg Friend

Hi hdanh00

I have to admit I liked the old site very much, but the new version is absolutely awesome!

Great job. I think the combination of colours and layout matches a Sci-Fi writers site perfectly.

Nice one.

Chris

imsleepy Friend

There appears to be a problem. FYI I am using Vista and IE7. See screenshot below.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Aratype Friend

Yes I mean the Breadcrumbs at the very-top right… In reality, there is no additional information in keeping this in the very top. What you think?

All the best.

Ara

hdanh00 Friend

Thanks @ questbg! πŸ™‚

imsleepy;112596There appears to be a problem. FYI I am using Vista and IE7. See screenshot below.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

@imsleepy : Thanks for pointing that out! I needed clear my cache , so everything seemed fine when I looked at the site using IE7 initially. It’s too bad. I really liked that Content Slider thingie…

@ara – oh yeah, it;s definitely going. There’s really no need for it on this particular site. πŸ™‚

imsleepy Friend

<em>@hdanh00 112619 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks @ questbg! πŸ™‚

@imsleepy : Thanks for pointing that out! I needed clear my cache , so everything seemed fine when I looked at the site using IE7 initially. It’s too bad. I really liked that Content Slider thingie…

@ara – oh yeah, it;s definitely going. There’s really no need for it on this particular site. :)</blockquote>

Everything looks perfect now without the content slider. There must be some sort of fix? It works find on the demo site. Isn’t it funny how something in IE7 will look perfect on the demo, but then on someone’s site it breaks. :confused:

jwellman Friend

I like the site much better with this template too! However I did notice a few things in IE7 as well. (Don’t you just love IE >:( ) I’ll get you some screenshots of what I’m seeing.

Phill Moderator

What is that popular keywords module in the bottom right corner? I like that and would like to use it.

imsleepy Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 112627 wrote:</em><blockquote>What is that popular keywords module in the bottom right corner? I like that and would like to use it.</blockquote>

Hi Phill,

I had the same question… see this thread for info… http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/tags-cloud/

jwellman Friend

Screenshots on my end:
    Image 1
    Image 2

For what it’s worth, I’m working on another fairly new template (Zinc). It had the same image wrap error. I adjusted the CSS and it seemed to help. Search for “Article” in your template .css See what the property is on the padding.

Originally Zinc was set at 0 for the padding. I changed it to five.

/*article image*/
    img {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 5px;

I’ve not worked with Cooper but it is next, so I can’t say for sure if the fix will help you or not!
    Good Luck,
    Jess

Phill Moderator

<em>@imsleepy 112629 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Phill,

I had the same question… see this thread for info… http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/tags-cloud/</blockquote>

I knew it was a sort of tag cloud but this one is a nice ajax? rotating ball effect. That is what I am looking for.

hdanh00 Friend

@imsleepy – it’s crazy. There’s no reason I can think of, that it doesn’t work as it. Oh well.

@jwellman – yeah – I can’t begin to tell you how much I hate IE. Frankly, I’d ignore the problems completely if so many people didn’t still use IE. Hahaha.
    I’ll be very grateful for whatever info you can pass on.

There are some things I doubt can ever be fixed – like the ugly way images in posts display, etc.

@phill luckhurst: It’s a really nifty module called “Joomulus” – it’s based on Roy Tanck’s WP-Cumulus plugin and can be found here: http://blog.joomlabear.com/porting-roy-tancks-beautiful-wpcumulus-joomla/

jwellman Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 112627 wrote:</em><blockquote>What is that popular keywords module in the bottom right corner? I like that and would like to use it.</blockquote>
    Looking at her page source it looks like she is using Joomulu cloud tag.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

This topic contains 40 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  mikodragonfly 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum