Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Dear zorroh,

Please go ahead and nominate your site. Rest all can be taken care of. It took a minute for Miccas to fix it 😛

Arvind

histeriks Friend

Can someone tell me, what’s going on with this competitions? Is this a thing of the past, or can we expect new competitions in the future?

Thanks 🙂

hanifahmed Friend

Thing of the past.

Got suspended indefinitely after no one participated and people didn’t vote.

histeriks Friend

What a pity. I was really hoping for it, such things can be an incredible motivation booster. :((

Well…whatever…moving on 🙂

frank0310 Friend

Hi,
    I have been looking around, trying to find some sample/showcase sites. I feel like I got hopelessly lost on a highway… Would someone plse send me the link where i can see how real people have actually produced sites? I find that the most helpful way to understand the value.

Thanks,

histeriks Friend

frank0310;167405Hi,
    I have been looking around, trying to find some sample/showcase sites. I feel like I got hopelessly lost on a highway… Would someone plse send me the link where i can see how real people have actually produced sites? I find that the most helpful way to understand the value.

Thanks,

Hi Frank, you should look in the parent category of this thread, here.

frank0310 Friend

<em>@histeriks 167414 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Frank, you should look in the parent category of this thread, here.</blockquote>
    Thanks. Sorry for being a dumb newbie

wombat1 Friend

Is there a thread where we can see the winners of these competitions.

Thanks you

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear Wombat1,

The threads for nomination and winners are in the same forum . The prefixes for them are “SOTM Nomination” and “SOTM Winner”, you can see such threads from the 4th or 5th page. Site of the Month event is on hold for quite some time.

Arvind

wombat1 Friend

ahh, thats what confused me because i could find none for this year.
    What is the reason why this is on hold?

<em>@drarvindc 170213 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear Wombat1,

Site of the Month event is on hold for quite some time.

Arvind</blockquote>

didima Friend

who manages competition guys ?

bennitos Friend

<em>@didima 170523 wrote:</em><blockquote>who manages competition guys ?</blockquote>

Currently no-one as there are no competitions for now due to the lack of interest under members.

didima Friend

<em>@bennitos 170535 wrote:</em><blockquote>Currently no-one as there are no competitions for now due to the lack of interest under members.</blockquote>

well no interest because of unprofessional moderators, specially like miccas. l think some other moderators could make it better.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear didima,

Its not because of the moderators, Miccas took good care of SOTM, i would say that its coz of lesser interest or participation of members, The nominations are always there, but the votes are very few. Or may be we are not able to highlight the competition well. The last try to revive SOTM was injected with good prizes, however, still the votes were very low.

Well, I can assure you that SOTM is not dead, its just inactive for now. We might get back to it, once the other priorities are settled. It has always been a good event and it is fun :).

Regards

Arvind

smitheringale Friend

I’d imagine many people dont want to showcase their site for several reasons: –

1. It shows the website is made using joomla
    2. It could show clients that the designer simply bought a template and didnt modify it and then charged a big amount of money for little work
    3. It shows competitors in the same indiustry how to replicate the good website that a company has created

Perhaps the showcase would work better if members could showcase their work whilst preserving the anonymity and branding of their website.

I hope that makes some sense, 🙂

<em>@drarvindc 170611 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear didima,

Its not because of the moderators, Miccas took good care of SOTM, i would say that its coz of lesser interest or participation of members, The nominations are always there, but the votes are very few. Or may be we are not able to highlight the competition well. The last try to revive SOTM was injected with good prizes, however, still the votes were very low.

Well, I can assure you that SOTM is not dead, its just inactive for now. We might get back to it, once the other priorities are settled. It has always been a good event and it is fun :).

Regards

Arvind</blockquote>

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

This topic contains 33 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  bennitos 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum