Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

<em>@Adam M 445097 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Please note that if you put your site under Offline Mode, you won’t have to clear the cache in order to get new article to appear in JA News Featured module.

You can check it yourself by follow these steps :

1. Put both test site and live site under Offline Mode, clear your browser cache / cookies, add new article then you will see the article appear immediately in the front-end.

2. Publish both sites (disable Offline Mode), clear your browser cache / cookies, add new article then you will have to clear Joomla! cache before get it to work in front-end.</blockquote>

Hi Adam,

We really appreciate your help and answer.

But then it brings us back to the original issue. Why in online mode, we need to clear cache to have new articles appear?
    As phill luckhurst and alexsmirnov pointed out, this is a bug.
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/clearing-jat3-cache-for-one-article/

Articles should be able to appear in JA News Featured without clearing cache, and that’s what we are looking for in a fix. We believe that the JA cache is superior than the Joomla built-in cache and we want to use it as much as possible.

However there’s no update on the bug task for quite a while:
    http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECPLGTIIIJOOMLAIVI-617

Could you please look into it?
    Thank you very much.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

I discussed with development team about this matter and look like it’s a bug in T3v2 cache so you might have to switch to built-in Joomla! cache while we’re working with the fix.

We would appreciate your understanding in this matter.

ceeyee Friend

<em>@Adam M 444143 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

In this case, please follow these steps below then let me know the result :

1. Navigate to Admin >>> Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> choose your template >>> disable option Cache Mode

2. Go to Admin >>> Global Configuration >>> enable default Joomla! cache instead (make sure to enable Plugin – System Cache as well)</blockquote>

I tried those two steps on my test site, but they didn’t solve the problem.
    Worse, when I accidentally clicked ‘Clear T3 cache’ after doing these steps, now all the css design of my test site was gone and it became this (which I didn’t how to fix back):

and the new article still did not appear in News Featured under joomla native cache.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

I checked both live and test site but didn’t see any problem with layout as you described, please clear your browser cache and recheck or take a look in another computer instead.

ceeyee Friend

<em>@Adam M 446504 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I checked both live and test site but didn’t see any problem with layout as you described, please clear your browser cache and recheck or take a look in another computer instead.</blockquote>

Really appreciate your help. I only tested your steps on the test site, so I am only referring to the test site.

1. The test site is put to off-line mode. What you were seeing just now was just the offline cover page – not where the problem was. You need to make it on line to see how the site’s css designs were lost.

2. Now there’s a new problem: no matter what I do, I can’t turn the test site back to online mode. Changing that in Global Configuration doesn’t work – still showing the offline cover page. (I think changing the site into Joomla native cache then clicking Clearing T3 Cache broke the site).

3. New articles are still not appearing in News Featured even in Joomla native cache. This is the biggest issue.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @ceeyee,

1. Please check point 2 and let me know when you’ve done so I can take a look.

2. Because the permission of your configuration.php file is ‘Unwritable‘, please chmod it or edit the file directly instead.

3. In this case, I’m afraid that the only option is to temporary disable cache while our development team is working on the problem.

ceeyee Friend

<em>@Adam M 446824 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @ceeyee,

1. Please check point 2 and let me know when you’ve done so I can take a look.

2. Because the permission of your configuration.php file is ‘Unwritable‘, please chmod it or edit the file directly instead.

3. In this case, I’m afraid that the only option is to temporary disable cache while our development team is working on the problem.</blockquote>

Currently configuration.php is 0444. Please give me a number for me to change it to.
    Thanks.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

You can CHMOD configuration.php to 777 temporarily. After making changes, return configuration.php to CHMOD 644.

ceeyee Friend

<em>@Adam M 447246 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

You can CHMOD configuration.php to 777 temporarily. After making changes, return configuration.php to CHMOD 644.</blockquote>

configuration.php is now set to 777 on the test site.
    Thanks.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

I checked your site and see that it works fine now. Please navigate to Admin >>> Site >>> Global Configuration >>> Site Offline >>> choose No and save your setting.

In addition, since you have cache enabled, please go to Site >>> Maintenance >>> Clear Cache >>> then recheck your front-end after the cache has been cleared.

Don’t forget to return configuration.php to CHMOD 644 after you’ve finished.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum