Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

This is a reply to a previous post but since there was no more response (probably because it was marked as solved, making the post ignored), I am posting this updated problem as a new post.
    There hasn’t been any update on the bug ticket either.

Problem: New articles do not show up on JA News Featured unless we clear site-wide JAT3 cache, which is a significant resource drag for 99% old contents.

Our site admins have tried adding “component=com_content” or “mod=mod_janews_featured,mod_newspro” (or both) into Cache Exclude, but they didn’t solve the problem. (We do not consider disabling cache all together as a solution.)

As Alex and Phill pointed out, this is not normal, and we should not need to clear cache for new contents to post.

Could you please fix this? Really really appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Please provide your site url with temporary back-end account so I can investigate the problem for you.

In addition, could you please send me the link to the thread in which you didn’t get any response ?

ceeyee Friend

<em>@Adam M 443072 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Please provide your site url with temporary back-end account so I can investigate the problem for you.

In addition, could you please send me the link to the thread in which you didn’t get any response ?</blockquote>

PM with details sent.

Thank you very much.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Please stay tuned while I’m investigating the problem for you and I will reply back asap.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

I tried to create new article and place under category named ‘Highlights’ but didn’t see any problem as it appear in the front-end immediately without clear the cache, could you please recheck ?

ceeyee Friend

<em>@Adam M 444012 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I tried to create new article and place under category named ‘Highlights’ but didn’t see any problem as it appear in the front-end immediately without clear the cache, could you please recheck ?</blockquote>

Problem persists on my main site.
    Please see PM.
    Thanks.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

In this case, please follow these steps below then let me know the result :

1. Navigate to Admin >>> Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> choose your template >>> disable option Cache Mode

2. Go to Admin >>> Global Configuration >>> enable default Joomla! cache instead (make sure to enable Plugin – System Cache as well)

ceeyee Friend

<em>@Adam M 444143 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

In this case, please follow these steps below then let me know the result :

1. Navigate to Admin >>> Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> choose your template >>> disable option Cache Mode

2. Go to Admin >>> Global Configuration >>> enable default Joomla! cache instead (make sure to enable Plugin – System Cache as well)</blockquote>

Thanks.

But my test site, which is an exact copy of the main site (using akeeba backup), doesn’t need to do the above to be able to work.
    Is there a way to find out why my main site is not updating?

The fact that my test site is able to update makes me think that there must be some bug that affects with my main site (but why? It is the exact fresh copy.)

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Could you please let me know how you implement your test site ? Is it from localhost or another server ?

ceeyee Friend

<em>@Adam M 444378 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Could you please let me know how you implement your test site ? Is it from localhost or another server ?</blockquote>

It was through Akeeba Backup:
    1. Backuped the whole main site into a jpa file
    2. Uploaded that jpa file onto the test site, then restore

This process should produce two identical sites. It’s very weird that the test site doesn’t have the problem in OP, but the original main site does.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @ceeyee,

Last question, are they from the same server or you implement a test site in localhost ? Could you please provide your test site url so I can take a look ?

ceeyee Friend

<em>@Adam M 444689 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @ceeyee,

Last question, are they from the same server or you implement a test site in localhost ? Could you please provide your test site url so I can take a look ?</blockquote>

Hi Adam,

Both sites are on Hostgator. They are using the exact same price plans.
    The details of the test site was sent to you in my first PM, and you tried it and found it working (as you replied above).

The details of the main site was sent to you in my second PM. And the main site is not working.

I will send another PM to you to include details for both sites again.
    Please check your PM.

Thank you.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your info. I checked both your test and live site and see that your live site has been put under Offline Mode (cache won’t be stored in this mode), therefore the content in JA News Featured is updated immediately while it wasn’t in your test site.

ceeyee Friend

<em>@Adam M 444880 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Thanks for your info. I checked both your test and live site and see that your live site has been put under Offline Mode (cache won’t be stored in this mode), therefore the content in JA News Featured is updated immediately while it wasn’t in your test site.</blockquote>

Hi Adam,

I don’t know why the main site was offline, it should not be. I just turned it back online.
    However, being offline is not the reason for the original problem of not being able to update in JA News Featured, because I have this problem when the site is online.

On the other hand, my test site is put in offline mode because it’s a duplicate specifically for you. I put it offline to not effect the search ranking of the main site (avoid duplicated content penalty by Google).

Please allow me to recap:
    The main site is now online, and has the problem of not updating in JA News Featured.
    The test site, in offline mode, is an exact copy of the main site, and does not have the problem.

Would you mind checking the main site again? I don’t know why it was offline when you were there. But now it’s online. Could you please fix the problem of JA News Featured for me?
    Thank you very much.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Please note that if you put your site under Offline Mode, you won’t have to clear the cache in order to get new article to appear in JA News Featured module.

You can check it yourself by follow these steps :

1. Put both test site and live site under Offline Mode, clear your browser cache / cookies, add new article then you will see the article appear immediately in the front-end.

2. Publish both sites (disable Offline Mode), clear your browser cache / cookies, add new article then you will have to clear Joomla! cache before get it to work in front-end.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum