Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I know this is kind of an "old" post, but sinds it had an update 7 months ago I give it a try.
    I use the latest version of purity iii (1.1.7) with T3-framework version 2.6.1 and the corparate layout.

I also wanted to add a second off-canvas sidebar at the right side so I can split the off-canvas modules across those two sidebars. When makeing the defined additions and changes, I ended up haveing 2 sidebars, but both containing the same content (that of off-canvas). It doesn’t matter makeing the changes in the original blocks or in the template-overide (local) blocks (the prevered place). The result is the same.

In the t3-layoutmanager, only 1 offside sidebar is editable even both positions (off-canvas and off-canvas-right) as available. The same when changeing the position of a module. Both positions are available, but only when the module is placed on position off-canvas, it is shown in both sidebars. Nothing is shown when using position off-canvas-right.

I quess, something needs to be changed into the handeling of off-canvas-right in the layout-manager and in the way the template builds the content of both of the sidebars.
    Now only the content of off-canvas is used in both sidebars, and it’s not posible to edit the settings for both sidebars (only one will react to the changes made in the layout manager).

Maybe this is caused by the new release of the purity iii template.
    Can you help me any further on this?

With kind regards, Theo

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Theo,

If you want to have 2 off-canvas sidebars, it will require lots of customization on JS / CSS code, I recommend you to hire a developer to get it done for you.

Regards

thunder_theo Friend

I posted this question as an reply on (Second off-canvas sidebar to the right). Why it opend as a new topic, I don’t know.

I’m a developer my self (mostly php and js). But can’t figure out where the problem rises because no error messages are raised (the code is valid). And because the solution was the same as I opted my self (just create a new position and define it) it shouldn’t cause this problem.

So the question rises, where does it go wrong, and where to solve it. If it’s in one of the js-scripts of the framework or something else, a pointer to the right one would allready help.

It isn’t in the css. That allready provides the rules for a off-canvas at the right. The position is created as is (selectable in module-windows), it is even created in the plain html-source of the generated page. It’s just not holding any content (even when modules are placed in it) and the click-event of the buton shows the normal left off-canvas on the right position with the content of the left off-canvas (duplicate).

thunder_theo Friend

Okay, scanning all the files of the T3-framefork and the template it self (purity iii), I found a line of code in plugins/system/t3/base-bs3/js/off-canvas.js.
    Line 80 of this file should add the direction of the off-canvas that is selected. It is marked out so I removed the remark-markers of that line.

[code]
    79 // add direction class to body
    80 $('html').removeClass ('off-canvas-left off-canvas-right').addClass ('off-canvas-' + direction);
    82 $offcanvas.height($(window).height());
    [/code]

The front-site is working now, and selecting off-canvas-right for modules puts them in this off-canvas.

The only problem still existing is that the layout-manager of the T3-system, still can’t handle 2 off-canvas positions. This results in not being able to show/hide the off-canvas independently from eache other for the responsive sizes.

Saguaros Moderator

You can check the code which loads module from new position you added, for example:

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('new_position') ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />

change it to:

<div class="<?php $this->_c('new_position') ?>">
            <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('new_position') ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />
        </div>

You will see the eye icon in responsive layout tab in template manager.

thunder_theo Friend

Thanks for pointing that out.

I allready used that approach as seen in the linked post in my first message.
    It didn’t solve the problem. But after some further inspecting the code generated, it stand out that in the layout-manager both off-canvas boxes are projected on top of each other.
    I was able to solve this by altering the css in the T3-framework, handeling the layout-manager.
    But this is not the prevered way for me. I would like to the override methode, but I still got to figure out how to create an override for files stored as a system plugin (joomla-root/plugins/system/t3/admin/….)

Maybe an option for the next update or version of the t3-framework to make overrides for the t3-framework also posible. For example from the entery-points:

• joomla-root/templates/t3-template/admin/… for the default overrides and
    • joomla-root/templates/t3-template/local/admin/… for the user created overrides.
      This way, template-developers could form the t3-framework parts as the layout-manager to interact exactly as needed for that template without the need to alter the core.

As soon I figure out a way around this, I’ll post an update with the complete code’s..

Greetings, Theo

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Theo,

I will pass your feedback to the team for further consideration

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum