Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hey guys,
    nice template! I especially like the off-canvas sidebar on the left, which opens up a lot of new ui features. Would it be possible to add another such canvas to the right? I’ve seen that the one on the left has the “off-canvas-left” class. changing this to “off-canvas-right” actually already moves it to the right, so it seems to have been rudimentarily implemented.
    Regards,
    Johannes

Nazario A Friend

@johannes,

Yes, it’s possible. You can follow these steps:

– First, you need to create a new file with name: “off-canvas-right.php” in the /templates/purity_iii/tpls/blocks/ directory, then add this code:

<?php
    /**
    * @package T3 Blank
    * @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2012 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved.
    * @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
    */

defined('_JEXEC') or die;
    ?>
    <?php
    if (!$this->getParam('addon_offcanvas_enable')) return ;
    ?>

<button class="btn btn-default off-canvas-toggle right <?php $this->_c('off-canvas') ?>" type="button" data-pos="right" data-nav="#t3-off-canvas-right" data-effect="<?php echo $this->getParam('addon_offcanvas_effect', 'off-canvas-effect-4') ?>">
    <i class="fa fa-bars"></i>
    </button>

<!-- OFF-CANVAS SIDEBAR -->
    <div id="t3-off-canvas-right" class="t3-off-canvas <?php $this->_c('off-canvas') ?>">

<div class="t3-off-canvas-header">
    <h2 class="t3-off-canvas-header-title">Sidebar</h2>
    <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal" aria-hidden="true">×</button>
    </div>

<div class="t3-off-canvas-body">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('off-canvas-right') ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />
    </div>

</div>
    <!-- //OFF-CANVAS SIDEBAR -->

– Then you open the file: /templates/purity_iii/tpls/blocks/header.php and add this code snippet before the </header> tag:
    <!-- OFF-CANVAS-RIGHT -->
    <?php if ($this->getParam('addon_offcanvas_enable')) : ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock ('off-canvas-right') ?>
    <?php endif ?>
    <!-- //OFF-CANVAS-RIGHT -->

– Next, go to the file: /templates/purity_iii/css/custom.css and add CSS rule:

.btn.btn-default.off-canvas-toggle.right {
    right: 0;
    left: auto;
    }

– Finally, navigate to this file : /templates/purity_iii/templateDetails.xml then add this rule:

<position>off-canvas-right</position>

Now, you can assign any module to “off-canvas-right” position, you will see as in this screenshort:

Hope this is clear and helpful to you.

1. purityiii-3
    2. purityiii-2
    3. purityiii-1
    johannesdach Friend

Hey Nazario,
    hadn’t seen your reply till now and yes! It works like a charm! Thanks so much! This is super cool :cool::D
    Regards,
    Johannes

hjames Friend

@nazario, is this to replace the main menu with a second sidebar?

Ultimately what I would like to do is similar to this where I can put modules in the right sidebar but I want my mobile main menu to be in the Left OffCanvas. Is this possible?

Thanks,
    James

Nazario A Friend

Hi James,

<blockquote>is this to replace the main menu with a second sidebar?</blockquote>

No, this is to create a new position: “off-canvas-right”, you can assign any module to this position.

<blockquote>Ultimately what I would like to do is similar to this where I can put modules in the right sidebar but I want my mobile main menu to be in the Left OffCanvas. Is this possible?</blockquote>

Please try my suggestion in the post #2.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  johannesdach 9 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum