Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

The major parts of this template, the audio playback, does NOT work on iOS (iPad, iPhone) and only partially works on Android (broken layout, and convoluted playback).

This issue has been posted here for resolution, but no progress so far.

It is extremely frustrating to see that a template with the major selling point of audio playback is broken on mobile devices. How could it have been released without testing? (It’s a 2 minute job to test it…)

When can we see an update and solution to this problem? It is no good to see a “please wait” or “be patient” message. We are paying members that expect the core features to function 100%.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @calavaro,

Actually this issue is about the Download button instead of Play button.

The download button did work without any problem when we release the template but as they changed this behavior (in modern mobile browser, audio file will automatically be played instead of download), we need to update the code to match with this change.

Back to your problem, if you’re having problem with Play button, please provide a screenshot or clarify a little bit so I can investigate the problem for you.

calavaro Friend

Adam M

This issue is squarely that there is NO playback and NO download at all on iOS 8.1.x (and 8.0.x and probably on earlier versions too).

You can try on http://www.lacedoutrecords.com on an iPad. Android devices work on playback, but has broken layout.

The link you posted is actually a direct result of a post I made here previously, which of course was lost in your 30 day db loss.
    I was told to do a modification, by your support staff, at this link: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/download-button-not-working/
    The solutions posted there does NOT work.

It works nicely on PC/MAC but once you use a mobile device it’s broken.

Solution?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @calavaro,

May I have a temporary back-end account via private reply so I can investigate the problem for you ?

calavaro Friend

Still no answer or reply regarding a solution.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @calavaro,

Let me check this matter with development team again about this problem. Please accept my apology for the delay and any inconvenient you got.

calavaro Friend

No point in trying to write out anything coherent anymore….

Adam M Moderator

Hi @calavaro,

I managed to update the code myself and doing the back test, please stay tuned and I will let you know the workaround for this matter.

calavaro Friend

……….

1. blogwasteoftimehourglass
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @calavaro,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Please follow these steps below :

1. Create new get_file.php and place it in root_folder/plugins/content/jaavtracklist/tmpl with the code :

<?php

$file = $_GET['file'];
    header ("Content-type: octet/stream");
    header ("Content-disposition: attachment; filename=".$file.";");
    header("Content-Length: ".filesize($file));
    readfile($file);
    exit;

?>

2. Open file root_folder/plugins/content/jaavtracklist/tmpl/default_audio_mini.php and update as below :

look for this line :

defined( '_JEXEC' ) or die( 'Restricted access' );

and change to :

defined( '_JEXEC' ) or die( 'Restricted access' );

$getAudio = 'plugins/' . $plugin->type . '/' . $plugin->name . '/tmpl/get_file.php?file=' . $value['src'];

if (!function_exists('isMobile')) {
    function isMobile() {
    return preg_match("/(android|avantgo|blackberry|bolt|boost|cricket|docomo|fone|hiptop|mini|mobi|palm|phone|pie|tablet|up.browser|up.link|webos|wos)/i", $_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"]);
    }
    }

look for this line :

<a href="javascript:;" class="jp-play jp-icon">Play</a>

then change to :

<?php if(isMobile()) : ?>
    <a href="<?php echo $value['src'];?>" class="jp-play jp-icon">Play</a>
    <?php else : ?>
    <a href="javascript:;" class="jp-play jp-icon">Play</a>
    <?php endif; ?>

xelfer Friend

i have the same problem with mobile and this code dont go
    why?

xelfer Friend

i have the same problem with mobile and this code dont go
    why?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @xelfer,

May I know your site url so I can have a look first ?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @xelfer,

May I know your site url so I can have a look first ?

xelfer Friend

http://www.davidetarantino.it/muzik menu audio
    if you click on the play icon music dont start.
    in emulator mobile browser all seems ok. very strange. on my android device dont play.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  shenassa 7 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum