Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

mj what a interesting posting i was almost a week offline the forum and other compromises for personal compromises and found this and make me think in my own personal process of choosing host company, and after a deep review i end choosing hostgator, its fairly simple a well fitted tech support and never happen nothing if they don’t want you first.

their hosting solutions (goddady talking) never seem to me atractive, including the control panel does appear to me a little confusing to make the things work, their option to sell domains and ssl certificates are very good but are not the ultimate ones.

i read at the begining of the post that you have 1and1 problems, can i know wha kind of problems???:):):)

i know that out there are good hosting companies but godaddy i do not think so

ShannonN Friend

shertmann;87942mj what a interesting posting i was almost a week offline the forum and other compromises for personal compromises and found this and make me think in my own personal process of choosing host company, and after a deep review i end choosing hostgator, its fairly simple a well fitted tech support and never happen nothing if they don’t want you first.

their hosting solutions (goddady talking) never seem to me atractive, including the control panel does appear to me a little confusing to make the things work, their option to sell domains and ssl certificates are very good but are not the ultimate ones.

i read at the begining of the post that you have 1and1 problems, can i know wha kind of problems???:):):)

i know that out there are good hosting companies but godaddy i do not think so

I had several bad experiences with Hostgator involving many simple problems and shared folders etc I now use siteground who know joomla and are very good with bandwidth and sitespace etc

shertmann Friend

well i do not know exactly the root of your problem with hostgator, perhaps you have bad luck and i have been lucky. but i have found that hostgator is a good company and i have been in a lot of hosting companys. and only few ones are trustable for me. i have a lot of customers(i use a reseller plan) and all works excellent. right know i am making the fire test, a big site that will have a big use so when the proyect is over i will tell you.

anyway the real bad thing is godaddy host really really bad service

mj1256 Friend

Lets make this clear, I use hostgator and they are F A N T A S T I C

they are a 5 star organization

this post is about the issues that we have with GODADDY, they are a no star organization

mj1256 Friend

ShannonN

its godaddy that has the shared folders issues, i use hostagator and they do not have the shared folder set up, at least not from what i can see.

ShannonN Friend

mj1256;89902ShannonN

its godaddy that has the shared folders issues, i use hostagator and they do not have the shared folder set up, at least not from what i can see.

To fill you in would take ages, 18 mths ago I had 370 sites with Hostgator They were on a shared server, and during an u/g of cpanel software I and 4 others sharing the server could suddenly see all others webstuff access all others files once we logged into cpanel we had admin access and could even retrieve each others pwds, I contacted HG immediately and was told no you are lying, cannot happen etc etc .

next contact yes its a known problem don’t worry your info is still safe we’re working on it etc

4 days later the problem stopped – There are other instances of stuff not working properly, admin techs transferrring files to other servers without telling anyone ( propagation woes) chmodding blocks etc

It’s the lack of truthfulness from their support lack of security blah blah that leads me to say wouldn’t touch hostgator again.

To be fair since then they may well have improved to be a 5 star host but I’m not willing to test that theory

Thats the story
    ShannonN

mj1256 Friend

thanks for the heads up, i have a resleers account, i checked, i can’t access any other account and none of my domains can access each others accounts

i will keep my eye on it

I heve experienced the same issue at other hosts, so I am familiar with it.

shertmann Friend

well i have too a reseller account and no problem till now but as mj said lets keep and eye on this.

but maybe this information with more detail can be sent to hostgator team in order they try to avoid aany flaws in the near future

mj1256 Friend

I just want to make sure it is clear in this thread, my discussions are with godaddy, not hostgator

jwellman Friend

Interesting thread MJ. We’ve been thoroughly impressed with Host Gator as well. We have two servers and the other one is just as difficult as Go Daddy.

shertmann Friend

jessica where is the other server you mentioned?

Laura Rubino Friend

Point of the fact is Godaddy sucks big-time. I think its only good for html/css websites or personal static webpages. I have had lots of clients on godaddy but it always comes down to onething when i want to deploy the site.

Switch or here are your files and good luck with NODaddy.

What a useless company

Laura Rubino Friend

Don’t trash hostgator. So far they have been reliable above and beyond any hosting company i have dealt with. Yes even Rackspace!

Well maybe because i am a premium member. For shared hosting environments i prefer siteground.

Well even though i have to deal with the occassional 500 error all the time

chairmenmao Friend

godaddy is not steady these days and make my site about ed hardy not good for search engine and down my rank.

jimmicarter Friend

Godaddy is not a best choice.I prefer Justhost and hostgator/:laugh:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

This topic contains 39 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  rkprasad 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum