Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

On my site (and on the joomlart demo site) when you mouse over a top level menu that has drop down menus, the normal nice faded gradient effect becomes almost completely transparent (making the links it contains very hard to read).

Everything works fine on FireFox (of course). The problem only occurs on the front page while it is using the cool mod_ja_slwi (and using IE)

Is it a Z-index thing? (I’m just guessing). I would be happy enough if someone just tells me how to turn the transparency / gradient effect to a solid effect (presuming the mod_ja_slwi doesn’t affect that too).

I was having fun working with this template until I opened it in IE.

Khanh Le Moderator

Can you give me a link on the demo that the dropdown transparency does not work?

cybatek Friend

Your own demo site: http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php?template=ja_drimia. I’m currently running my site locally for testing.

When viewing the front page with IE (7) the drop down menu will be almost completely transparent

HOWEVER: Ive just viewed your site on one PC with IE7 – and it works fine (the menu system), but viewed it on my next PC (the same PC that I’m using for local testing) with IE7 and it is virtually invisible?!? Then viewed it on a 3rd PC with IE7 and it works fine.

Bizarre! I’ll test this further and get back to you. :confused:

cybatek Friend

Oh well, I cant reproduce the issue on other machines. I’ll presume it’s something screwy with my IE install >:(

Just to prove I’m not crazy – attached is a visual of the issue.

1. tooclear
    Hung Dinh Friend

Just want to confirm that it works fine with my IE7 as well.
    Please try to clear all caches and historical files on the srewy computer, if not try to reinstall the IE 7 to see if it solve problem.

cybatek Friend

Thanks Hung. Cross this one off your list 🙂

caldia Friend

This happens on all of our machines in IE7…Vista and XP Pro

The menu just flat out disappears on a dropdown…cleared caches etc.

There’s a bug with IE7!

Michael Casha Friend

It works fine here also.

mj1256 Friend

it only happens on my install if the top menu item is not a link but a placeholder. When I made the top menu item a link the problem resolved itself.

caldia Friend

http://california-auto-accidents.com/

Every computer in the office is the same way with IE…the transparency diappears totally leaving virtually a white bg and unable to see the link text?????

mj1256 Friend

your sliders don’t work right either

when I have these problems I do a complete reinstall, that usually fixes any issues the sites may have

delete your whole joomla installation except your database

then reinstall and I bet everything will work

you can see mine here, the template does work 🙂

http://www.dosid.net

caldia Friend

No…as you can see your site does not work in IE either….lit’s not the template intallation, it’s a template FAULT with IE….pretty clear about that!

mj1256 Friend

please remove my site screenshot

OK

the problem is with your IE

my site was tested by 3 clients all using IE6 or IE7, opera, and firefox or safari

I tested on four machines
    XP w/IE6
    XP w/IE7
    Linux Ubuntu w/IE 5, 5.5 and 6
    Fedora core 6 w/IE6

also tested on my Apache webdev server on internal IP in all browsers and versions

it had to pass clients muster and it worked for them as well as several people from the forum who have looked at it

so… their is something funky with your IE on your computer that is causing this

try uninstalling and reinstalling IE on your computer

as stated in a prior anser to you in this thread, its your IE install or network setup that is causing this

I just tested again and had a client test on his machine and it works

and please remove my sites screenshot

mj1256 Friend

also, try turning off all those toolbars and plug ins that you have running, I have found that sometimes they interfer with IE and also firefox has the same problem when all of them are running.

mj1256 Friend

you could also try setting up your .htaccess file, your missing the cannonical redirect, sometimes its as easy as setting that up to fix a site

just make sure your absolute path in your config file agrees with your redirect

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum