Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I have a menu with 10 buttons for 10 categories.
    When you click a button, an ACM loads with a list of the articles of that category.

Sometimes the ACM gets loaded twice, so everything appears double.
    When I click an article from the ACM, it loads BUT the ACM stays also loaded (and appears on top of the article).

I’ve searched the forum and found this (very) old post:
    https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/cannot-work-out-what-settings-i-have-set-wrongly/

Like James from this old post, I ask myself what I’m doing wrong?

This is how a do things:
    1) make a menu item in my main menu (named "Magazine")
    2) assign "special page – blank content" to this menu item
    3) select category from which to take content
    4) select template style (a style I made within Teline V)
    5) on the position setting tab –> set Load Position to "home-1"
    6) save (if I don’t save here, I can’t select the correct page in step 8)
    7) go to Module Assignment tab and select the approriate ACM Category Listing
    8) assign a (specific page within) the menu to it
    9) set the position of the module to "home-1"
    10) save and close
    11) save and close the editing of the menu item

And then shit happens… Double ACM’s and articles with ACM on top of it…

I must be doing something wrong because it works perfectly on the Joomla demo.
    NOTE: I can’t look & learn from the quickstart demo site because I didn’t install Joomla myself (my provider did this for me).

Any suggestions?
    Greetz,

Werner

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Werner,

May I know which menu item in our demo site are you trying to setup it looks like?

Basically, when you add a new menu item with type of ‘Special Page – Blank Content’ you need to select the module position which will show on this page.

Then assign your desired module to this module position, it will display there.

You can also share the credentials of your site and tell me how you want it should be, I will help you out.

Regards

frankgabriels_1961 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Werner,

Thanks for the info. I checked your site (Politie page) and saw that you set to show the module: Categorieoverzicht Politie – stijl 1 in this page. When you click to open one of articles on this page, this module keeps showing on top and below is content of that article.

I’m not entirely sure how you want to display here. But what is displaying here is exactly what you set in backend.

Regards

frankgabriels_1961 Friend

Hi Saguaros,

Thanks for checking the site.

What we want to achieve is that, when a user clicks on an article from the list (displayed in the category list view) that the module gets UNLOADED and only the article is presented.

That’s what puzzeling me: how to "unload" the module after a user has clicked on an article…
    Because that’s exactly how it works in the Teline demo site: wherever you click on an aricle in an ACM module, you always get the article in itself. The module is no longer shown.

Greetz
    Werner

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Werner,

That article may not belong to any menu item so that when you click to open, it keeps showing in that page with module. If you want it redirects to article detailed page independently, you can create a new menu item (or use existing one) and assign that article (or category that article belongs to) to that menu item. It will work like our demo then.

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum