Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

Sorry am away travelling and am trying to fix things using my ipad.

I am trying to get my giving back button on the menu bar to have the same result when you click on it as the travel menu http://www.vivaasiamagazine.com/index.php/travel So the four pictures across the top and then the sections underneath.

I cannot for the life of me remember how to do it.

Anyone who could help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Adam M Moderator

Hi @origomedia,

You will see that when in Travel page, the menu item Travel in Main Menu is activated, so navigate to admin >>> Menus >>> Main Menu >>> check the setting of menu item Travel and replicate to menu item Charity – Giving Back

Adam M Moderator

Hi @origomedia,

You will see that when in Travel page, the menu item Travel in Main Menu is activated, so navigate to admin >>> Menus >>> Main Menu >>> check the setting of menu item Travel and replicate to menu item Charity – Giving Back

Adam M Moderator

Hi @origomedia,

James Weston Friend

Hi Adam,

Thanks I did that but they all seem the same?

Jim

James Weston Friend

Hi Adam,

Jim

James Weston Friend

Hi Adam,

Jim

Adam M Moderator

Hi @origomedia,

When you editing the menu item Charity – Giving Back, make sure you assign the same style to it via Template Style.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @origomedia,

When you editing the menu item Charity – Giving Back, make sure you assign the same style to it via Template Style.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @origomedia,

James Weston Friend

Hi Adam,

It is set the same. But nothing is coming up on the screen. I have it set to take articles from the category charity?

Sorry juggling a family trip with trying to fix the website up so looking at this very late in the evening so maybe missing something obvious.

Jim

Adam M Moderator

Hi @origomedia,

I checked your site and see that you current setting is as below :

1. In menu item Travel >>> Position Setting >>> Load Position >>> news-travel >>> which mean all modules are placed in position “news-travel” will be output here.

2. In menu item Giving Back >>> Position Setting >>> Load Position >>> news-charity >>> which mean all modules are placed in position “news-charity” will be output here but at the moment, you don’t have any module in this position.

James Weston Friend

Thanks Adam,

I get what you are saying but when I try and add [Magazine – Charity] – Category Listing this to news-charity position I do not get that option in the drop down list.

I am really confused on how to get this working so I can start the charity effort.

Jim

Adam M Moderator

Hi @origomedia,

Just manually type news-charity in position then hit Enter, because it’s not defined in templateDetails.xml, you won’t see it in the list.

James Weston Friend

Thanks Adam,

That did the trick.

Jim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  James Weston 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum