Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

<em>@miymotots 290625 wrote:</em><blockquote>

-mim</blockquote>
    In order to best try to assist you, can you please provide your JoomlArt Club username associated with your membership account?

davidg Friend

I am also having the same issue and none of the solutions mentioned worked for me, i am running jomsocial 2.4 and would like the jalogin to use the jomsocial registration.

on jomsocial registration i have the option to select multiple profiles and to answer various questions, all of which are bypassed with the jalogin.

plugje Friend

did you guys already get an answer on this? I have the same problem with Joomla 1.7.
    Otherwise, can we all get an answer from Joomlart soon?

chrizze Friend

I am using JomSocial 2.8 with Joomla 2.5.8, and also have the JA Social template installed.
    For login I am using JA Login, and have modified it to redirect to my JomSocial registration.

This module is stored in multiple folders depending on your template modifications. I have chosen to use the override-technique, thus my login module is located in templatesja_socialhtmlmod_jalogin.

I opened my default.php and modified it as follows,
    Find this code around line 76,

<a class="register-switch" href="<?php echo JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_users&task=registration");?>" onclick="showBox('ja-user-register','namemsg',this, window.event || event);return false;" >

The standard code uses the Joomla core registration, thus code is com_users&task…
    You want to change it to,

<a class="register-switch" href="<?php echo JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_community&view=register&task=register");?>">

I also moved my onclick-code into a comment below my code, so I can use it later if I want to. 🙂
    Remember to delete or put the onclick-code into a comment instead, so it doesn’t open the box.

Also, I found another Joomla developer who have coded a plugin to handle redirection of all registration to JomSocial or CommuniyBuilder. Their plugin works for Joomla 1.5x and 2.5x. Try it yourself.
    http://joomladds.com/extensions/core-login-redirect.html

gineczka Friend

Hi,

I have spent the past 3 hours attempting to solve the same problem the first poster had.

None of the proposed solutions within this thread have worked for me.

My situation:
    – I am using template ja_mendozite with Joomla 3.2.
    – I am using the ja_login module, positioned at the top right hand side of the screen.
    – I want the “Create an account” link to open a url once it is clicked as opposed to opening a popup. In other words, I do want the current button to execute the onClick=”showBox..” command within /modules/ja_login/tmpl/default.php

What I have done:
    – I have gone to /modules/ja_login/tmpl/default.php and replaced

<a class="register-switch" href="<?php /*echo JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_users&task=registration");*/?>" onclick="showBox('ja-user-register','namemsg',this, window.event || event);return false;" >

with my desired link location (removing the onclick command in the process):

<a class="register-switch" href="<?php echo JRoute::_("/index.php/using-joomla/extensions/components/users-component/registration-form");?>">

I assumed, logically, this would fix the problem. It did not change a thing. So I inspected the “register-switch” link element on firefox using inspector, looked at the html and noticed that the html had not updated… (In other words it seemed my changes to default.php had no affect and essentially made me believe default.php is not the reference for ja_login to function correctly).

The next step I took was to delete default.php temporarily to confirm whether ja_login module refers to it. It appears it does not because the module worked fine.

PLEASE NOTE: I cleared the site cache tens of times over 3 hours, after every modification, and used 3 different browsers to confirm my changes. Each time the html for ja_login module stayed consistent (without changes) and seems to have been referenced elsewhere, allowing it to execute normally. Hence, I do not believe it is a cache issue.

In summary, I need to know which file is responsible for controlling the popup/linking attribute of “register-switch” “Create an Account” link in ja_login module so that I can hard-code a redirect to my desired page.

Please help!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

In JA Mendozite template, we override layout of JA Login module, so please try to make your change in this file: templatesja_mendozitehtmlmod_jalogindefault.php

Once done, remember to clear JAT3 cache.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum