Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I read allready the userguide for the JA Mixmaz website. The big problem is, this is my first Joomla website and its all new for me. The other problem and maybe the reason why its not working as I like to is, that im german and the english-IT-language is a little bit complicated to me, as I am not a regular IT-human ๐Ÿ™‚

I allready installed Joomla 3.1.1. and tryed to follow the userguide (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/steps-for-making-your-current-site-to-look-exactly-like-demo-site-2/), but it`s still not working. I cannot find the modules to install after the download. It is not my first website, but the first with Joomla.

Is it, that I only have to download the modules and to activate them somewhere and then they are allready aktivated as shown in the demosite or what? I did not used the quickstart thing with the models, I used Joomla_3.1.1-Stable-Full_Package/templates/ja_mixmaz… a litte bit complicated for me ๐Ÿ™‚

so far… and then the next point in the guide I dont understand is:

To help with this, we provide screenshots of backend settings of each module from the demo site for your reference. So, all you have to do is install the module, then check the userguide for its settings screenshot and replicate the same in your site.

ha?

I downloaded the template and the other 11 elements (hopefully), as shown in the guide. But Im still in trouble.

How can I change the Joomla welcome site to the demo site, as shown on your website? Is there a Video with 3.1.1 or a german guide? Or maybe someone can send me the datas or uploade the demosite to my account?

I really tryed hard the last two days but itยดs so complicated and it has so many options for click something. I even cannot show up a preview of the site, only the off- and online site with the Joomla! congrats…

Could you please help me a little bit with this one?

Many thanks
    Patrick

patrick4u Friend

p.s.

I tryed to find the modules as shown in the user guide, but cannot find them…

List of modules / plugins used in JA Mixmaz Template Demo :

JA Content Slider Module
    JA Slideshow Lite Module
    JA Side News Module
    JA News Ticker Module
    JA Popup Plugin
    JA Typo Plugin
    JA Typo Button Plugin

Where are they and if I aktivate a module, does this automaticly appear in the website?

Please someone help me with this. I think its cool but i need some more informations about it.

Thx in advance!
    Patrick

pavit Moderator

Hi

The best option for this is to use the Demo Builder feature in Joomlart demo site in this way you will have an exact copy of the demo site to check all configurations done

Or you can install the quickstart package

Modules needs to be installed activated positioned in the correct position and configured as showed in the userguide

patrick4u Friend

Thank you pavit!

Uploading the quickstart folder at the moment. Do I have to delete the other folders now? Hmmm as I see at this moment, the guide says to use the quickstart and replace then the demo content… Man I`m sorry :p
    I’ll try it now and if everything is ok, then I close the thread…

Thx!!!
    Patrick

patrick4u Friend

So… Here is the other problem…
    I installed now the quickstart and deleted the other folders in FTP. I completed the settings at the beginning of the installation but now, there are no other sites and no content in it. I tryed to replace the content in the articels, but there are no articles at all… do I have to install them or what… (site looks like: http://celine-music.de/website/jatc_mixmaz_j25/ )

I only want to install the site as in the demo shown and replace the content :confused:
    What else I have to install or click or whatever? Can someone please help me with this? I did not even find the big white HEY in the red colored bottom and the lorem ipsum stuff… Where can I find these textes?

I’m really motivated to work with this but it’s a little tricky. Where do I find these articles (if they are the original sites)?

Thank you in advance!!!

Patrick

pavit Moderator

Hi

Seems that you missed the installation of sample data, HERE you can find a userguide on how to perform a quickstart installation.

When you make a quickstart installation there is not much to do, you only need to be sure to perform all steps required.

phong nam Friend

Hi,

<blockquote>What else I have to install or click or whatever? Can someone please help me with this? I did not even find the big white HEY in the red colored bottom and the lorem ipsum stuff… Where can I find these textes?</blockquote>
    Pls try to install our JA Mixmaz quickstart again & make sure that you install Sample Data in installation process. This will make your website look like our demo.

patrick4u Friend

I did it, so thank you all very much.

Have a nice day!

Patrick

patrick4u Friend

Hello,
    I have another problem… I’m really sorry for the unconvinience but I need another little help…
    I tryed to change the content in the website with the joomla administrator, but cannot find the content from the frontsite

How can I find these contents. Do I need another programm as Flash or Dreamweaver for it and where to find the content on wich site… I’m really sorry that I have no idea what I’m doing at the moment… Reminds me on these pictures with dogs behind steeringwheels and funny textes :-[
    Can someone please help…

Thank you
    Patrick

1. screenshot
    pavit Moderator

Hi

From your back end you need to go in Module manager and edit modules to change content inside them

Same thing for articles you need to go in articles manager and edit them

patrick4u Friend

Hi Pavit,
    thank you again… The problem is, that I cannot find the module, wich contains the content. I clicked them all but can’t find this exactly content… and how do I have to change the moduls? Do these moduls with this kind of content (as shown in the upper picture) have this html-code-field? (Think so!)
    Eventualy you could shortly tell me, where to find the module with the content from the index website…

I’m really sorry… :-[

I could not find any of the contents of the first (main) page… I found some others but not this exactly…

pavit Moderator

Hi

Could you send me via PM your account for backend in this way i can better look to your configuration and check what is happening ?

So i can be more accurate in suggestions

patrick4u Friend

send it as PM…

pavit Moderator

Hi

I received your PM

That’s the Ja_content slider module taking content from Joomla category called contentslider

and you already edited 2 articles correctly showed on your home now.

patrick4u Friend

Hmm ok thanks… The changes didn’t show up a couple of time. Now I see, that they are allready in :-[
    It’s a try end error thing for me at the moment. Did you find the module with the content at the main page ‘HEY’ or the ‘Hello… We Are Mixmaz’ ?
    Best regards!!

Patrick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  patrick4u 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum