Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Ah, excellent.

Thanks a lot.

talklfc Friend

I cant seem to work this out.

I cant find where to enter the module position in module manager (1.5).

In module manager, the ‘template select’ list only shows the old template.

I tried adding the sl1-1, sl1-2 and sl1-3 positions in templatedetails.xml but they still dont show in module manager.

Thanks

talklfc Friend

Scrub that last comment. I found out how to do it.

For anyone interested, in the position dropdown box in module manager (when you are actually setting up a module), you can type directly over the text (left, right etc) in the drop down box – the selected position text that is – not whilst the list is dropped down. Hope that makes sense.

talklfc Friend

What modules are displayed in sl1-1 and sl1-2 in the demo please?

It’s hard to tell from the download list as they all sound similar – newsslide, slider, newspro etc

Thanks

Phill Moderator

Your best bet would be to either install the quickstart on your local machine (use a tool such as WAMP) or use our Demo Builder where with a couple of clicks you can from our demo site make an exact copy of the demo on our system that you have full admin access too. This way you can copy all of the settings as they are quite complex for this template.

Or another option would be to use the guide here – http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/userguide-ja-nex-template-for-joomla-1-5/

Glad you managed to work out you can simply overtype the module positions. That is a very usefull feature in Joomla for all sorts of things.

TomC Moderator

<em>@phill luckhurst 300908 wrote:</em><blockquote>You do not need to add them to your TemplateDetails.xml file. Yes, they have not been put in there but this does not mean you cannot use them. All that file does is make them clickable in the selector box of the module manager. You can still type them in the box (next to the select button) in the module manager. Once you have one instance of a particular module position it will appear in the select box next time you use it.

</blockquote>
    You do not have to … but it helps.

Not sure what part of my original suggestions were so unclear . . . . oh well.

:((

Phill Moderator

Tom, I have raised a CUSSER to get it rectified. I am trying to explain to the users how they can get around the problem right now. We have a lot of templates to check and the devs have done a sterling job in getting a huge amount of work done in the last couple of weeks getting the templates J2.5 ready. This really is a minor issue which now we have made the dev team aware of it should get sorted for the next release. However, the next release will not be immediate hence the instructions given above.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum