Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I have uploaded template both though template and quickstart – but it dont installated following modulspositions (like these in demotemplate):

Missing:
    Absolute
    Top-panel
    Topmenu-left
    Topmenu-right
    User 1- 8
    Menu-footer
    Footer
    footnav

What is wrong?

TomC Moderator

When you installed your template, did you also install the sample data as part of the installation process?

mr luba Friend

<em>@TomC 295384 wrote:</em><blockquote>When you installed your template, did you also install the sample data as part of the installation process?</blockquote>
    What do you mean with sample data? is it in the template include? or quickstart? I have tried to installed quickstart also but the modulspositions still missing

TomC Moderator

<em>@mr luba 295397 wrote:</em><blockquote>What do you mean with sample data? is it in the template include? or quickstart? I have tried to installed quickstart also but the modulspositions still missing</blockquote>

Perhaps THIS[/url] will shed some light on the subject.

😎

chriscakes Friend

I’am having the same issues missing the following

top bar
    slider
    sl1-1
    sl1-2
    sl1-3
    content-mass-top
    content-mass-bottom
    menu-footer

mr luba Friend

It does not help with QuickStart – I’ve read the guide.

In addition, there must be two templates on the same webpage as there are two different user profiles, which will use the web page.

Have one to suspect that your file to the template does not contain all the module positions which are listed on demotemplaten.

It’s not the first time u had no track of your File Links, unfortunatelly!

chriscakes Friend

So how do i fixx the this issue , i’ve just installed the quick start and none of my modules show up but i have them all published in the back end ?

TomC Moderator

<em>@chriscakes 296757 wrote:</em><blockquote>So how do i fixx the this issue , i’ve just installed the quick start and none of my modules show up but i have them all published in the back end ?</blockquote>
    Check your TemplateDetails.xml file within path –> templates/ja_nex/TemplateDetails.xml

Check the positions list . . . are those positions included within the list?

chriscakes Friend

I’am sorry if i didn’t close this earlier but i’ll explain the issue and the result when i download the quick start file i open the i deleted all of the other templates and just left Ja-Nex then when i installed the it online at the end of the installation i pressed install sample info and then everything is good except for having to remove the menu css file because for some reason there is a error. thank you for your help

TomC Moderator

Very glad to hear you were able to employ a little trial-and-error and resolve this issue . . . GOOD WORK !!!

All the best with your continuing site development.

mr luba Friend

I still have not solved my problem for all templates module positions are not displayed when you only use the template file and not the quickstart file. I have to have two different templates on.

Really bad that U can not get a handle on this yet!

TomC Moderator

<em>@mr luba 297315 wrote:</em><blockquote>I still have not solved my problem for all templates module positions are not displayed when you only use the template file and not the quickstart file. I have to have two different templates on.
    </blockquote>

Check your TemplateDetails.xml file within path –> templates/ja_nex/TemplateDetails.xml

Check the positions list . . . are those positions included within the list?

aoragroup Friend

Why make the answeers so complicate?
    Why make the people spend time when you know the solution?

Ok friends. The footnav solution. The only one, because the rest is go around something without meaning.

<blockquote>Check your TemplateDetails.xml file within path –> templates/ja_nex/TemplateDetails.xml

Check the positions list . . . are those positions included within the list?</blockquote>

The comment above is only the first step to fix the problem. When you install the quik installation generaly you do not find such kind of problems, but if you have it just follow the steps detailed below:

Go to TemplateDetails.xml file within path –> templates/ja_nex/TemplateDetails.xml
    Open the file TemplateDetails.xml
    You will find a list of possitions:

<blockquote><position>topbar-left</position>
    <position>topbar-right</position>
    <position>slideshow</position></blockquote>
    Just add here you footnav:
    <blockquote> <position>topbar-left</position>
    <position>topbar-right</position>
    <position>slideshow</position>
    <position>footnav</position></blockquote>
    DONE!!!

talklfc Friend

I’ve noticed this also. I was having a little practice with nex to see if it would be worth swapping templates. I used the template only though – I cant use the quick start as existing site has too much content.

Could an administrator please paste the full module positions list here please so we can simply copy and paste into template.xml

Thank you

Phill Moderator

You do not need to add them to your TemplateDetails.xml file. Yes, they have not been put in there but this does not mean you cannot use them. All that file does is make them clickable in the selector box of the module manager. You can still type them in the box (next to the select button) in the module manager. Once you have one instance of a particular module position it will appear in the select box next time you use it.

I will pass onto the teting team the feedback but this really does not affect the running of the templates so it may not be too high on their priority list.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum