Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

@woluweb: I have downloaded JA Brisk Template J3.x here and T3 System Plugin 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 here but I could not find the same problem on your site. I have made demo builder with T3 System Plugin 1.4.3 and it’s working fine

<blockquote>You can visit your site at: http://ja-brisk-j3x1385199086016.joomweb.com/
    Manage your site at: http://ja-brisk-j3x1385199086016.joomweb.com//administrator/
    Admin user: admin
    Admin password: monBrisk2</blockquote>

Maybe on your site is conflicted css style with the mega menu. I can help you to fix this bug directly on your site. Please pm me admin login detail and ftp account. I shall check it for you.

woluweb Friend

Hi Ninja Leads,

Demo Builder did have the same problem until a few days ago.
    If now it is solved even for Demo Builder (while I still have the problem on *all* my websites), I can think of one possible explanation :

maybe the pre-installed Themes of each template has been corrected… but I use a personal copy of one of the original Themes.

That is a possibility to investigate…

I sent you by PM the credentials for two sites, so that you can figure it out…

Once again, txs Ninja Leads.

Marc

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Marc,

I have received your pm and this is the solution for your problem

+ Open templates/ja_mero/css/custom.css and templates/ja_onepage/css/custom.css files

Add new script below

.t3-megamenu .dropdown-menu .mega-dropdown-inner ul.mega-nav {
    margin: 0;
    }
    .t3-megamenu .dropdown-menu .mega-dropdown-inner ul.mega-nav li {
    list-style: none;
    }

Let me know if it helps you to solve the problem

Regards

woluweb Friend

I have made my day (myself 🙂 !!!

I was still wondering why these bullet points would remain on the submenus of my different sites (using templates JA Brisk, JA Mero and JA OnePage. So quite universal…).

At first, Demo Builder would give the same problem, so I was not feeling “alone”, nothing specific from “my side”.
    But obviously with the latest release of T3 1.4.3 and latest updates of templates of these last days, the problem was solved on Joomlart Demo Builder.

But still these bullet points would remain on my three sites with three different T3 framework templates.
    I had the idea maybe I had done something special by making my own copy of a Theme (based directly on one of the standards Themes of each template).

Then I discovered what the source of all these problems was : the LESS files of template (in /www/templates/ja_template/less) and/or in T3 Less directory (in /www/plugins/system/t3/base/less) have probably been adapted… and would require a click on “Compile LESS to CSS”.

And indeed, it is now solved on the three websites 🙂

But please, Joomlart, why wouldn’t you make a note somewhere (Template Manager and/or your website) to tell “You have upgraded to a new version of T3 or Template ? Please remember to click again on the ‘Compile LESS to CSS’ button to avoid for example broken layout, especially if you use personnalized Theme”.

Txs,

Marc

PS : by the way, on some templates, when clicking on the “Compile LESS to CSS” button, I would get an Error msg (not succesful)… which is very annoying. My experience in that case is that one possible cause is duration of process. So just delete (or move) the LESS directories of the themes you don’t use… and the Compile button should work…

Ninja Lead Moderator

Thank you so much for your feedback but you know why I could not suggest for you click Compile LESS to CSS button

When to use the option? The Compile LESS to CSS option is to compile the LESS that that we use to develop the webiste to CSS files that our website runs on (when development mode is off). The LESS files will be compiled to corresponding CSS files. And it will override all current and customize CSS files and be careful when using this option

woluweb Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,

Txs for your advice.

You are right, some people reading us should know exactly what Compiling does before applying the above solution.

Of course, one should be aware that the button “Compile LESS to CSS” overrides all CSS… this is exactly why one should never cutomize CSS files directly (but should diretly edit the LESS files).

T3 has indeed integrated LESS to allow the customers to customize their styles efficiently (and hopefully it is not used only by your developers, but by all your customers).

Of course, I can understand that some customers don’t know that LESS can make their life much much easier 🙂
    And those people directly editing CSS files should indeed never click on the georgeous “Compile LESS to CSS”…

PS : note that if like in this case the LESS files have been improved, so have been the corresponding CSS files. So it is also very likely that personalized CSS files would get rewritten… by the update itself…

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  woluweb 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum