Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

yeah…. weird… (this is for the SOCIAL theme…)

for some strange reason, my mega menu is refusing to go over 3 columns for a specific menu parent.
    The one just before can easily go up to 5 columns.

I have 6 grouped parent/child in that one main menu drop, and having all crammed on just three columns just doesn’t work, and I would like to make them onto 4 columns (maybe even 5)…

Another note… how can I FORCE a menu group to show onto the NEXT column, though it likes to be set automatically to the first….

and FINAL, how can I achieve the look in this demo – http://templates.joomlart.com/ja_social/ under the menu FEATURES… there’s an image that shows the whole width of the menu, though there’s three columns…

OH… and FINAL FINAL… how can I have an image AFTER the menu name… (like how it shows on that social demo – kunena (with the numbers in the colored ovals)…

THNX community! 🙂

lndesigns Friend

OK… found the answer to ONE of my questions…. the last question.

there are classes that can be associated with a menu’s “add description” … then apply in the “additional class” something like
    parent-tags tags-red

Now… what I want to know is…. where is the documentation for the THEME that has ALL the CLASSES that come WITH the theme… not just the typography… but the menu classes etc….

MoonSailor Friend

Hi,

If you want to build “Mega menu” sample http://templates.joomlart.com/ja_social/ please read more here:

http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Navigation

lndesigns Friend

Thnx moon sailor… I have gone through that doc… very good. I learn more every time I go through it….

but it does not touch on what css classes comes with my theme (like JA_social — parent-tags tags-red)… where would I find all that info and examples…??? well… I can find examples… but I would like documentation on all that (mega menu css), like how typography pages are…

ALSO… you didn’t touch on the fact that the one menu parent REFUSES to go 4 or 5 columns… just sits on 3 columns… though one OTHER menu parent drops to 5 columns no problem…..

why is that?
    http://lagunachapala.com/botab-home see for yourself…

lndesigns Friend

OH SORRY!!!! WRONG URL!!!
    http://lagunachapala.com/forum is where I am using JA social!!!

Now… if you look at community, there’s 5 columns…
    but under resources, there’s only 3….. even though I have 5 specified….!!!! WTH. I am totally at a loss about this.

MoonSailor Friend

Hi lndesigns,

When i check your url http://lagunachapala.com/forum, menu “Resources” show only 3 columns because :

– Please set “Yes” for the Group option for the menu item “Layout”, so that it will group the child menu items.

Make sure to set number of columns to 5 in extended parameters.

– Please check params “Submenu Width” of menu items “Resources”, if it is not null, please set it’s null.

1. Megamenu-userguide-enable-column
    lndesigns Friend

<blockquote>- Please set “Yes” for the Group option for the menu item “Layout”, so that it will group the child menu items.</blockquote>
    … ummm, you should be able to tell that I have several grouped items… I don’t know what you mean.
    I cannot group “resources” itself as it would break the whole menu (auto-explodes)… it needs to drop down…
    All the child menus have groups… “the area”, “interactive”, “helpers” etc….

I HAVE “resources” columns set for 5… or 4… neither work… it always shows as 3….
    I even tried to specifically set each of the 5 columns – col1w=200 etc….

cleaned out cache… both ways… and STILL, on the front end… the menu STILL SHOWS as 3 columns!!!!

Like mentioned before, if you click “Community”… I get 5 columns no problem…. its not like I don’t know how to do it….

I am still at a complete loss!!!
    Please help…

I will play with some of the child grouped menus making them their own widths… but I am quite mystified!

1. resources-settings
    2. forum-menu
    lndesigns Friend

no nibbles? anyone understanding what may be going wrong?

tfosnom Friend

Try declaring a submenu width, looking at the column widths you have 5 columns totalling 1020 px but no submenu width to match look at your screenshot, the submenu isn’t wide enough ( approx 650px) to accommodate all the columns so it stacks them.

Just my take
    Shannon

lndesigns Friend

Hmmm, well… I will work a bit more with the widths,
    but why does my “community” drop down EASILY in 5 columns…?
    here’s the SIMPLE settings I have with that –

but here’s the other kicker…. even if I try to set the “Resources” to even 4 columns… that won’t take neither….
    here… I will set it to 4 columns….

but on the front end it will STILL only show as 3…….
    look at how perfect “community” shows… but how “resources” REFUSES to COMPLY…..

….. **** gremlins ….

1. community-menu
    2. resources-settings-4cols
    MoonSailor Friend

Hi lndesigns,

I have checked your attachment and i think the root of this error caused by three menu children of menu “resources” is set “Group” to “yes”. If you need display 5 columns, you need set “Group” to “yes” for 5 children menus.

Please try again.

1. 9-25-2012-4-22-14-PM
    lndesigns Friend

<em>@MoonSailor 339639 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi lndesigns,

I have checked your attachment and i think the root of this error caused by three menu children of menu “resources” is set “Group” to “yes”. If you need display 5 columns, you need set “Group” to “yes” for 5 children menus.

Please try again.</blockquote>

ummmm, where prey tell do you think that it’s only 3? if you can count… there’s 6 (SIX) grouped sets in that menu….
    if you look, there’s two per column….

column one – “the area” and “interactive”
    column two – “helpers” and “Downloads”
    column three – “entertainment” and “news”

so, to ‘try again’ is a bit moot, since I have tried so many ways….

As you can see… the menu “community” works just FINE!!!! why can I not change the drop for “resources”… it will not take 4 columns NOR 5…. no matter what settings I try.

lndesigns Friend

so….. anyone know WTF is going on with my site?????

it’s so lonely with zero responses…. 🙁

MoonSailor Friend

Hi,

<blockquote>
    column one – “the area” and “interactive”
    column two – “helpers” and “Downloads”
    column three – “entertainment” and “news”
    </blockquote>

You have three group “the area and interactive”, “helpers and Downloads”, “entertainment and news”, each group as column display. So, menu “resources” have three column.

In menu “resources”, you set display 5 column, but, you have 3 column, so, it display only 3 column. In the case, if you want display 5 column, please change params of 2 submenu “interactive” or “Downloads” or “news” set “Yes” for the Group option for the menu item “Layout”.

lndesigns Friend

<em>@MoonSailor 340405 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    In menu “resources”, you set display 5 column, but, you have 3 column, so, it display only 3 column. In the case, if you want display 5 column, please change params of 2 submenu “interactive” or “Downloads” or “news” set “Yes” for the Group option for the menu item “Layout”.</blockquote>
    they ALL are already SET to GROUP. Always HAVE!

Dude… thnx for helping, but you are NOT READING what I have said…..

there are 6 (COUNT THEM…. SIX) GROUPS….

• THE AREAGROUP
    • INTERACTIVE GROUP
    • HELPERS GROUP
    • DOWNLOADSGROUP
    • ENTERTAINMENTGROUP
    • NEWS GROUP

not 3 groups…. 6! SIX
    you can see if you look at the menu…. its very easy to tell… each GROUP is DARK with the menu items under it.

it’s NOT LIKE I don’t understand what a “group” is…. I have had NO PROBLEM with the menu “Community”.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  peteru6 11 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum