Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I have set JA Image Hotspot to display the full width on my website. The background image I have uploaded is 1920px wide to support this on most desktop views.
    The issue I have is when the module is displayed on different devices, the marker positioning is off. It seems that the marker positioning calculation based on the screen size is not adjusting correctly.
    Please see the attached image for clarification.
    Thank you

1. hotspots-align1
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly share the working site URL Here.

Regards

bizguy Friend

Marker position issue

Within the module configuration, the markers are positioned exactly on the center of the letters in each square.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly share a temp super user details and FTP account details in Private reply.

Regards

bizguy Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I am not able install default Joomla template on your site. Can u check the extension with default Joomla template like protostar and see the results?

bizguy Friend

I have enabled the Protostar template, set it as the default and set the template style to fluid. You will see that the issue persists as described.

It seems that the marker positioning from the module setup is not adjusting correctly based on the browser scaling. When Protostar was set to fixed, then the issue was not as apparent, but on larger screens or when the template is set to fluid, the issue becomes more apparent suggesting the positioning calculation scaling could be an issue.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    bizguy Friend

Hi
    Any update on this issue? I was hoping that the latest version of JA Hotspot may have addressed this, but I have installed it and see that the issue remains.
    Thanks,

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    It will take time for the next version of the update, At this time Development team is working on Template and extension update for Joomla3.7.x.
    I suggest you wait for the next update. You can follow our blog posts for the latest updates and news.

Regards

bizguy Friend

So, does this mean this issue will be addressed in the next update, or it might be addressed and I will have to wait and see?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I raised this bug to the development team and it will be fixed in the next update.
    Regards

bizguy Friend

Thank you for the information. I’ll watch for the update.

wdiggles Friend

I am experiencing this same issue as well.

A client of mine asked me to add this feature to their website. Since they are going to be the ones adding and removing markers, this feature really needs to work correctly. They will be frustrated to no end if they have to fiddle with placement on every marker that needs to be added.

How soon do you expect to have an update with this issue fixed?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I can not give any ETA at this time as i requested here kindly wait for an update. It took some time as Team is working on template and extension updates for Joomla 3.7.

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum