Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

The project I am using Hotspot for is a real estate site plan that will have a lot of hotspots on it. After trying a number of different ways to get Hotspot to behave the way I want, I found that these modifications work for my purposes.

ONE: Instead of the image scaling for different screen sizes, which is causing the inconsistent positioning, I made ja-map-wrap a set size and display the hotspot map inside of it. The hotspot map is always sized to 100% and scrolls around inside the ja-map-wrap div. This way there is never an issue with scaling. Also, I think the user experience is better than trying to interact with a very small map on a phone.

TWO: There was still an issue with the marker positioning being inconsistent. It was working fine sometimes but other times it wasn’t. I figured out that in order to get consistent placement, the image inside the marker control tab of the module needs to be displayed at 100% as well.

After addressing these two items, the marker positioning is consistent.

Here is what I used for the CSS code:

CUSTOM.CSS

.jai-map-wrap {
        position: relative;
        width: 100%;
        overflow: auto;
        text-align: center;
        height: 800px;
    }
    .jai-map-container {
        max-width: 9999px !important;
    }
    .jai-map-container:before {
        background: #333 url(../images/icon-scroll.png) no-repeat;
        background-size: 15px 15px;
        background-position: 5px 9px;
        content: 'MAP SCROLLS';
        font-weight: bold;
        display: inline-block;
        position: absolute;
        left: 0;
        top: 0;
        color: #eff0f0;
        padding: 5px;
        padding-left: 25px;
        padding-right: 7px;
        border-radius: 0px 0px 4px 0px; 
    }
    .jai-map-container img {
        max-width: 9999px !important;
    }

ADMINISTRATOR TEMPLATE.CSS OVERRIDE

/** The image I am using is 2000px wide. Set this value to the actual width of your image **/

.media-preview {
        width: 2000px;
    }

.jai-map-container:before displays text to inform the size visitor that the map image is scrollable. Otherwise, it is not necessary.

1. admin
    2. website
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Thanks for sharing this.
    It may helps others too and Team will also check this.

Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum