Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I want to make the thumbnail pictures that appear on JA New Pro to be clickable/linkable. How can I accomplish this

TomC Moderator

<em>@blink_black 304648 wrote:</em><blockquote>I want to make the thumbnail pictures that appear on JA New Pro to be clickable/linkable. How can I accomplish this</blockquote>
    I am not entirely certain that this is possible. Also, does not the thumbnail image and the headline of the particular content link back to the article anyway?

blink black Friend

Yes Tom. That is exactly what I wanna do. I want the the thumbnail image to link back to the article. Only the title is linking back. The thumbnail is not. http://dakuz.com/joomla

TomC Moderator

<em>@blink_black 304653 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes Tom. That is exactly what I wanna do. I want the the thumbnail image to link back to the article. Only the title is linking back. The thumbnail is not. http://dakuz.com/joomla</blockquote>
    It’s possible – but it requires messing around with the code (which is not always the best idea).

There may be a 3rd party extension that can do the trick though, such as SP Thumbnail

blink black Friend

Thanks Tom but seems I didnt explain my problem well. Basically, I want a code change on how to make the thumbnail images linkable to the article itself. Someone explained it here for an older template: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-news-module-linkable-images/

The problem now is that his explanation does not work with JA NEX. The 3rd party extension you specified will zoom in the thumbnail image and make it bigger.

TomC Moderator

<em>@blink_black 304666 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Tom but seems I didnt explain my problem well. Basically, I want a code change on how to make the thumbnail images linkable to the article itself. Someone explained it here for an older template: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-news-module-linkable-images/

The problem now is that his explanation does not work with JA NEX.</blockquote>
    How is the code different that you cannot adapt the same principle?

blink black Friend

I found the file to open which is blog_item.php. In JA NEX, [PHP]<?php if($showimage) echo $row->image; ?>[/PHP]

In his explanation, it is: [PHP]<?php if ($showimage) : ?>
    <?php echo $image; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>[/PHP]

I have tried every form of alteration but I just cant get it

TomC Moderator

So the following recommendation did not work?

Open blog_item.php file in templatesja_nexhtmlmod_janews folder, find following code section . . . .

<blockquote><?php if ($showimage) : ?><?php echo $image; ?><?php endif; ?></blockquote>

change to :

<blockquote><?php if ($showimage) : ?>
    <a href=”<?php echo $link; ?>”><?php echo $image; ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </blockquote>

blink black Friend

No, that did not work. It actually crashes the entire site.

pixelzombie Friend

Hi there,
    this should really be a standard feature since everybody tries to click the image 😉

please open templatesja_nexhtmlmod_janewspronexblog_item.php and change line 44 from

<div class="ja-zincontent clearfix">

<?php if($showimage) echo $row->image; ?>
    <?php if ( $showcreator || $showdate ) : ?>

to this

<div class="ja-zincontent clearfix">

<?php if($showimage) : ?>
    <a href="<?php echo $row->link;?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($row->title);?>">
    <?php echo $row->image; ?>
    </a>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if ( $showcreator || $showdate ) : ?>

With these changes you’ll get the article link on the image.
    I’ve added the file for you 🙂

Cheers

Frank

1. blog_item.zip
    blink black Friend

Next time I make my way to Germany, i owe you a bottle of beer. You are awesome pixelzombie. Thanks a lot. Works perfectly well

pixelzombie Friend

I’ll take you up on that. :laugh:
    Glad it worked out for you!

blink black Friend

Pixel,

Let me bother you a minute. How can i do the same thing for category blog layout. Check out this link::: http://dakuz.com/joomla/all-category/world-news

pixelzombie Friend

You may bother me 🙂

in the file templatesja_nexhtmlcom_contentcategoryblog_item.php at line 109 change this

<?php if ($image) : ?>
    <div class="article-image" style="float:left;">
    <?php echo $image ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

to this

<?php if ($image) : ?>
    <div class="article-image" style="float:left;">
    <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($this->item->slug, $this->item->catid)); ?>">
    <?php echo $image ?>
    </a>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

I’ve added the updated file for your convenience :p

Cheers

Frank

PS: That makes 2 bottles :-*

1. blog_item.zip
    jakiah Friend

Could you help with something similar on the JA News Featured (@ Sl1-1) static and scrolling? I’m assuming changing mod_janews_featured file but my attempts to adapt it fail.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  pixelzombie 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum