Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Is there anyway to make the images in the JA News module linkable? I tried making the image in the article linkable but apparently the module strips the link away when it posts to the front page.

I found this code in the blog_item.php:

<h4 class="jazin-title"><a href="<?php echo $link;?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($row->title);?>"><?php echo $row->title;?></a></h4>
    <?php if ($showimage) : ?>
    <?php echo $image; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

I tried to add in the $link to this like so:

<h4 class="jazin-title"><a href="<?php echo $link;?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($row->title);?>"><?php echo $row->title;?></a></h4>
    <a href="<?php echo $link;?>"<?php echo $image; ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>

When I change the code as done above, it does nothing. It doesn’t see the <a href> tag.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sherlock Friend

Hi westover !
    You can do it following way below :
    Open blog_item.php file in templatesja_uvitehtmlmod_janews folder, find following code section at about line 47 :

<?php echo $image; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

change to :

<a href="<?php echo $link; ?>"><?php echo $image; ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>

instantinlaw Friend

hainn84;94276Hi westover !
    You can do it following way below :
    Open blog_item.php file in templatesja_uvitehtmlmod_janews folder, find following code section at about line 47 :

<?php echo $image; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

change to :

<a href="<?php echo $link; ?>"><?php echo $image; ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>

Hi hainn84,
    This did not work for me for images in the roling headline, althought it did work for the articles below it.. I am trying to get the large image in the rolling headline box to be linkable. Can you help?
    Thanks

instantinlaw Friend

anyone have any ideas?

Sherlock Friend

Dear instantinlaw !

Headline is JA news FP module , it isn’t JA news module, You can add link for image in JA News FP module following way below :
    Open headline_fp.php file in templatesja_uvitehtmlmod_janews_fp folder, find following code line at about line 54 :

<?php echo $image; ?>

change to :

<a href="<?php echo $link;?>"><?php echo $image; ?> </a>

instantinlaw Friend

Hi hainn84,
    It was actually headline_fp.php that I needed to change at about line 107, but you got me on the right track with your post. It’s working perfectly now. It’s default_fp.php that has the code about line 50.
    Thanks 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum