Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Got error message when trying to send mail by the mail button in articles

Using Teline III V2
    Quickstart Package with Sample Data
    J1.6
    on WAMP 2.1
    WIN7 64bit

1. m1
    pavit Moderator

Hi ceeyee

You have checked your sendmail path in Admin control panel Server Configuration – Mail function ? you’re on localhost

ceeyee Friend

I sent you a PM with login details.
    Would you mind taking a look at my configuration to see what the problem is?
    Thank you very much.

pavit Moderator

Hi

I’ve changed the mailer method from “PHP Mailer” to “Sendmail” i have send email from articles and now it works fine

Let me know if you have other problems .

ceeyee Friend

I apologize but it still doesn’t work for me.. Please see screen shot

The screen shot is taken from the mail function on
    http://importantcharts.com/index.php/sport/football/115-1219606112

Would you mind taking a look?
    Thank you.

pavit Moderator

Hi

Try to use new email address otherwise you’re seen by joomla like a spammer.

I’ve tested with 3 different mail addresses and the system has sent all 3.

ceeyee Friend

This time it says “Email was sent successfully.”, but then I checked the email box.. nothing arrived.

A related question, do you know where the Contact Us emails are sent to?
    I tried a few times, but I can’t get email in my main email address specified in the admin (which is a different email address than the one I used to test the mail form in articles. Neither one got any messages, even when it says “Thank you for your email.”).

In summary, it seems that I can’t receive emails (tried different email addresses) from either the mail icon in articles or the Contact us form, even when it says “mail sent”. Do you know why?

Thanks.

asifak Friend

sometimes, hosting servers are very slow to process emails, which may take like more than one hour to send emails. it happened to me.

Phill Moderator

The script used to send mails is a very simple one which will work well but needs to be configured correctly. In this case if you have good host they will bee the best people to ask how you should set it up. They will also be able to check their logs to see if mails have actually been sent by the script and if they have whether they are getting blocked somewhere else.

ceeyee Friend

I just forwarded this question to my host provider (Asmallorange).

They asked where in admin we can specify the receiving address for Contact Us. And I couldn’t find it.

Is it the admin main email address? Or do we need to set to something else somewhere in configuration?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Phill Moderator

It is the email address in the global configurstion that you need to give them. This is the one you setup when you installed Joomla in the first place.

ceeyee Friend

Is there a way to change this email address for the Contact US purpose? Is it through changing the address for the Super User user account?

Thanks.

Phill Moderator

On the global configurstions page. WHatever you set the “Mail From “field to be will be used for the contact form. There are other contact forms available that allow you to specify different email addresses in thei back end but you need the make sure your mail is working as expected first. You have 3 options, sendmail, PHP Mail and SMTP. Your host will advise on what is best to use.

ceeyee Friend

We set it to be SMTP and the email function in articles are working now.
    But the Contact Us is not. We are receive nothing even when it says Email Sent.
    Why?
    I can send you the login details if you can check that for me?
    Thanks.

Phill Moderator

Sure, send them to me via PM. Please include a link to this thread in your PM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ceeyee 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum