Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I am unable to get the login form module to display in megamenu.

I have followed all the instructions in the several pages that describe how to do it.

Whatever I do, the login form does not display.

Can someone help…it seems that I am lost.

Saguaros Moderator

Dear alisamii!
    Please follow to this userguide
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?38544-JA-Mega-Menu-Updated-Simplied-amp-Easier-than-ever….

May be you forgot set the module display on all pages

alisamii Friend

Thank you…that’s exactly what I had done.

Now another question, related to the same issue, but somewhat different.

Once a user has logged in, I want to have the menu display the “User Form Layout” above the “Logout” button in the menu so they can change their password and other management issues.

Is there a way to do that?

I tried adding a menu item, registered access level, as a child of the login, but nothing displays.

Screenshots of the setup are linked/attached below.

This next screen shot shows where I want the user form to display.

Thanks.

Saguaros Moderator

Dear Alisamii!

Pls check the link and the snapshot again , i could not find them

Thanks

alisamii Friend

Hi Tien:

Sorry about that. Slight error on the server broke the links. It’s working again.

Ali

Saguaros Moderator

Hello !

This is a heavy customization. so that you should follow to the normall way. when user logined, the User Menu module will be displayed, so that you should use menu mega item load a position such the login position, you ‘ll put 2 modules on there: one is the login module, other is User Menu Module.

GOod luck

alisamii Friend

Tienhc, this is not that heavy a customisation. I just want the user menu module to load in the menu when the user has logged in.

I have followed the “normal way”. It does not work.

Both are set up as seperator items. Both are set up to load a module on all pages (login module is public, user menu module is registered).

The login module displays. The user menu module does not, even after login.

Please help.

Saguaros Moderator

please give the administrator account , i would like to check this issue in detail via your ticket

THanks

alisamii Friend

Hi:

This issue is really beginning to become a problem for me. It is over 1 month since I posted this question, and the answers have all been “follow the normal method” which I have, but I cannot get the user menu to display once the user has logged in as I would like and as displayed in the screenshot above.

I cannot give the administrator account info as the site is being developed off-line, and at the client’s request, I cannot put it online until this module is working properly.

What I need is very simple…no heavy customization, no complicated development. I just need it to work.

Using mega menu, I have a menu item called “Login”. This menu item is the last top level menu of the main menu.
    Under that, I have an item “Manage your account” which is available once you have logged in (access level registered).

Both items are set to display on “All Pages”

I have tried switching the megamenu parameters between all of the various Submenu Content definitions, namely “Child menu items”, “Modules”, and “Module position” for the “User form”

I have tried switching from “Separator” to any other possible content type for the “User form”.

Nothing works.

I am positive that there is a simple solution, something simple I need to change to get this to work.

I think that waiting 1 month for proper support is unacceptable.

cansay Friend

Mybe provide a Teamviewer id and password.

Or configure a HTacces password.

or allow acces via your router and just set the site to offline ?

alisamii Friend

It’s on a machine which does not have internet access at all.

Saguaros Moderator

when user logined, the User Menu module will be displayed, so that you should use menu mega item load a position such the login position, you ‘ll put 2 modules on there: one is the login module, other is User Menu Module.
    </blockquote>

I think that you did not following my solution so that it could not work as you expected , because i made this work done 🙁

Phill Moderator

I am really not sure what you are trying. Can you display the user form layout that way in a normal module position? Not sure you can without some custom code. If you can show me a site that does just that so I can take a look.

aaronfarias Friend

Are you just trying to add a link to the userpanel, where it says hi admin?

alisamii Friend

Hi: everyone…just want to thank Tien who skyped with me and showed me what needed to be done.

Basically, I needed to put both the “login” and the “User Panel” modules in the same position, making sure that user panel was set to registered, both to appear on all pages, then when addint the menu item as a separator, in JA Extended parameters, set the submenu content to Module Positions and then choose the position I chose (login, in this instance).

So, thank you Tien, and everyone else as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  aaronfarias 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum