Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

I see that the JA Social demo has a login module on the top “Login”, and “Create an account” and also the Search option. How can I enable that?

Urszula Dziki Friend

Go to module in joomla and it is under login module. And enable it. Place under possiton ja-login.

1. login
    yasmagic Friend

<em>@di38 193542 wrote:</em><blockquote>Go to module in joomla and it is under login module. And enable it. Place under possiton ja-login.</blockquote>

Thanks. Do you know where I can download the login form module for JA Social?

Urszula Dziki Friend

It is already there ! the only thing is it does not display as ja login… when you go to module manager – it display as login module. ( name does not match ) If you look at your template you will see it .. it is under html ( called login module )

jamjodesign Friend

Is there anyway to make this login to jomsocial? and not just be joomla login?

Urszula Dziki Friend

i am sorry I don’t understand your question. It is joomla login but made nicer with css in only one possiton… that is called “ja-login” ……you place it using that position and it will look like this :

If you want to place it somewhere else with that look you need to play with css files. I am not really sure what you are after.

1. login1
    2. login2
    marco vl Friend

I think i understand what the poster means:
    If i click on top on create account it wil go to:
    index.php?option=com_user&task=register&lang=en

If you use jomsocial it must go to:
    index.php?option=com_community&view=register&Itemid=1&lang=en

mmckeen Friend

For “jamjodesign” … there is a redirect plugin you can get that will force all registrations to either the core Joomla or JomSocial path. Do a search in the extensions section of joomla.org and you should find it…

As for my development site… I can’t get this to work… I have the module published but it looks like the screen shot below …

1. Screenshot
    anas Friend

<em>@di38 193542 wrote:</em><blockquote>Go to module in joomla and it is under login module. And enable it. Place under possiton ja-login.</blockquote>
    I think if you are using the latest ver of this template it wouldn’t work , and if you notice the demo , JA team disable it too.Also the Top Panel wont work with the C Panel ( I’m using the quick start ! )
    This template still !!! I hope it will be ready by next month

Urszula Dziki Friend

<em>@mmckeen 193614 wrote:</em><blockquote>For “jamjodesign” … there is a redirect plugin you can get that will force all registrations to either the core Joomla or JomSocial path. Do a search in the extensions section of joomla.org and you should find it…

As for my development site… I can’t get this to work… I have the module published but it looks like the screen shot below …</blockquote>

<em>@anas 193619 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think if you are using the latest ver of this template it wouldn’t work , and if you notice the demo , JA team disable it too.Also the Top Panel wont work with the C Panel ( I’m using the quick start ! )
    This template still !!! I hope it will be ready by next month</blockquote>
    OK i am going to use the latest now. it was only posted yesterday and check for you exactly. Yes I think I have to agree with you this template would be ready by may be next month. As even the new template says it is still beta version

Urszula Dziki Friend

ok working now on this one ……looks like there are few files involved to be changed: template.css for sure. I replaced codes and checked ja-login-user and ja-login from ja-register-user and from ja-login-user just to check and worked for me at least does not display form. but icons

mmckeen Friend

So how did you get it working? Did you move files over from a previous version?

geekyartist Friend

I had the same issue – to make work I copied the code for ja login from the previous css and replaced the new one. Then I copied mod-login from the old template to the content folder and renamed the folder mod-jalogin to mod-jalogin.old

Now the only issue with this change is both the login and registration do not appear in a popup like they should so this is only a temp fix until they release a solid build of the template. It was good enough for me so I could start laying out how I wan to use this new version.

Hope this helps…

Urszula Dziki Friend

to make it work geek with pop up .. you need to change xml file info.xml —- ad this line —> <file>js/ja.box.js</file>

sorry here is whole codethat you need to ad

<scripts>
    <file>js/ja.box.js</file>
    </scripts>

hilfiger Friend

Funny enough they release an stable release without the option to register or login :))
    I use jomsocial’s hello me module for front end until is fixed. Also there will be an new version in the next few days out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

This topic contains 36 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  kyovev 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum