Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

<em>@andybott 322359 wrote:</em><blockquote>Probably worth saying that menu item tags doesn work either</blockquote>

Not surprised . 😉

D

gjrweb Friend

Guys, it’s a 1.0 release and we have a lot more to expect. It’s hard indeed, and far from perfect yet.

However based on JA’s reputation i’m sure they will fix this in an appropriate way.

We made it until this: http://www.airsoftwall.com/

We hope to release on the 1st of June, and continue to improve afterwards.

tfosnom Friend

<em>@gjrweb 322373 wrote:</em><blockquote>Guys, it’s a 1.0 release and we have a lot more to expect. It’s hard indeed, and far from perfect yet.

However based on JA’s reputation i’m sure they will fix this in an appropriate way.

We made it until this: http://www.airsoftwall.com/

We hope to release on the 1st of June, and continue to improve afterwards.</blockquote>

clicked the about button to find this error
    Fatal error: Call to a member function merge() on a non-object in /home/admin/s316524/html/airsoftwall/components/com_content/views/article/view.html.php on line 71 Fatal error: Class ‘JFactory’ not found in /home/admin/s316524/html/airsoftwall/libraries/joomla/session/storage/database.php on line 97

cheers Shannon

gjrweb Friend

Yep thanks, we are aware of it. We love the quickstart 😛 (*NOT*)

Seems to be a parameter issue on the simple article view :S

andybott Friend

Just got my refund through ! great service thanks guys. I will be awaiting a propper release and will have a look again.

Some things to consider….. (the reasons I can’t work with this template)
    1) Logo – fix size/float so that wider logos do not overlap menu !
    2) Provide module positions for Advertising Space, would be nice to fix some module positions so articles “fall” around fixed boxes
    3) Provide for fixed left/right (with customisable widths) columns so module boxes can fit around content in desktop view
    4) Provide header and footer space for modules
    5) Fix K2 tools dispalys to look like menus in left column (the are a <ul> but look different to other auto menus like article categorys)
    6) Write some proper instructions for using the template without the dreaded quick start
    7) think about sections / headings / organising / breaking and managing layouts
    8) solve the extra classes in “aditional info” so that code does not appear in articles (suggest a plugin with {layout code} collection)
    9) Stop using a light box to open K2 Articles
    10) Fix the “link targets” which just dont work (may be caused by the link being in a lightbox) i.e new page, popup, same window etc
    11) Sort out how and when the right hand “asides” appear, for me these only work in “blog” layout and they wont “float right” they come under the last blog post
    12) respect the k2 image sizing system for large / small / tiny etc and show Features propperly
    13) fix the “tag-list” menu item view, this just does not function
    14) tidy the search display page
    15) allow for image sizing preferences in small and mobile views (make them uber tiny)
    16) solve CSS so colour themeing can be easily changed – for example changing the orange to blue works for most site layouts but certain lines / fonts / link colours / buttons are covered elsewhere, which means its a killer to sift through loads off css pages to find the references
    17) DO NOT Force us to run with SAFE mode turned off, This is a school boy issue and is linked to some php time function please fix.
    18) last but not least, sort out the memory stack overflow issues, some links to large layouts foul memlimits, this is a slow power hungry template to serve, and for that reason “i’m out”

gjrweb Friend

<em>@tfosnom 322385 wrote:</em><blockquote>clicked the about button to find this error
    Fatal error: Call to a member function merge() on a non-object in /home/admin/s316524/html/airsoftwall/components/com_content/views/article/view.html.php on line 71 Fatal error: Class ‘JFactory’ not found in /home/admin/s316524/html/airsoftwall/libraries/joomla/session/storage/database.php on line 97

cheers Shannon</blockquote>

Error solved, the article was “uncategorized”. Selected a proper category, issue gone.

napatjo Friend

Folks.

Ive been to the webdesign/development for a long time, and Joomla and several templates clubs. What I have found is that NO template solves all your issues or needs. What you need to do is to find one that fits your basics and most urged needs, then you have to tweak it. Or you have to design and code it your self or via the psd2html or something.

JA Wall is just a template as this. My self, I building a web based on this, but I swap the K2 tpl with some others, now I looking for a way to have the K2 template that is 2 columns, to behave responsive. Thats my worry about the mobile user readability.

When that is said, I also tried the Puresite, and found it quite interesting.

You can NOT rely on a template, and belive that will solve all your ISSUES. Because we all have different needs and users. What I found, many templates is a great start-point. Thats all.

Thats the nature of web. and you dont have to re-invent the wheel every year…

napatjo Friend

<em>@andybott 322507 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just got my refund through ! great service thanks guys. I will be awaiting a propper release and will have a look again.

Some things to consider….. (the reasons I can’t work with this template)
    9) Stop using a light box to open K2 Articles
    </blockquote>

this 9) has a solution. you can choose on a cat level to NOT open in lightbox. I can show you.

about many other issues, as the logo. just edit the CSS..

Brent Lucas Friend

<em>@napatjo 323630 wrote:</em><blockquote>

about many other issues, as the logo. just edit the CSS..</blockquote>

But how? Some of us do not know what files to edit or how to edit them.

Can we get detailed instructions? This is a huge problem for allot fo folks and the currently answered threads don’t have a complete guide to doing it properly from support staff.

napatjo Friend

I could told you to use a webdesigner tool in firefox to find theat info and that working as a webdesigner/manager such skills is mandatory.. But instead I will list the css and their locations when Im back in my office.. 😉
    Normally inside the tpl/css folder you find several css files. The style is names .logo and can be adjusted in width, height, padding etc.
    ..(back soon. Im on the tube)

napatjo Friend

use Firefox Tool Webdeveloper. Then you can click on the logo, and you find that its CSS definition is in /templates/ja_wall//css/template.css

at line 885

#logo (line 855)

{

background-color: #669900

background-image: none;

background-repeat: repeat;

background-attachment: scroll;

background-position: 0% 0%;

background-clip: border-box;

background-origin: padding-box;

background-size: auto auto;

border-bottom-width: 5px;

border-bottom-style: solid;

border-bottom-color: #84b12a

float: left;

height: 40px;

position: relative;

width: 120px;

z-index: 1000;

text-align: center;

}

here you can change the float, padding etc. you will see that your variables differ from mine, as I have adjusted mine already. you can see my Wall web later this summer when I launch it.
    CSS variables are defined by w3org.
    If your not confortable with editing such, ask somebody, pay somebody.

there is more than one logo definition. one is the class .logo, the other is the div id. you must lear the difference and edit the one corresponding to your need. In this template, the logo is in a narrow place, and there is not much room for adjustments/to play with.

yes, always create a backup before you start.

napatjo Friend

I also added a footer, inside the wrapper.

create a div/id that contains as many divs you want. mine is 4 divs floating left width 24% with each footer position, so I can have contact forms etc as in the puresite as example.

positions can be added as this:

<jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php echo FOOTER2 ?>” />

place a div with a class around..

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

This topic contains 42 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  napatjo 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum